I liked the bubinga wood best so I chose that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)? Last post on 4/8/14 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:21 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Tried out a pair of Audeze LCD-XC's the other day... Last post on 3/16/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Equalizer versus Amp synergy match question Last post on 2/8/14 at 12:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Come on, give them a break.
They are a very young company and they are figuring things out as they go.
They know how to make a top sounding product, the aspect that's been lacking up unitl now is the build quality of those said products.
But they are trying to solve these.
Look at their newly announced products the HE-400i and HE-560, both having a very different design and significantly lighter weight, their upcoming Jade II electrostat sharing that design.
Their new headphones will weight around 350g, that's almost 1/2 of what the newest Audez'e cans weight and this reduction should bring a significant increase in comfort, along with their redesigned headband.
I am not saying their products are great build quality wise, but they've been marginally improving over time, while the sound quality of those has matched and surpassed other audiophile brands in a very short time.
Okay, I'll give them a break, jejejeh! Sound-wise, not complaints, though!
I'm in total agreement...the XC and X are total opposites...and yet they are, in my opinion, two of the best five headphones currently in production. These Audeze guys certainly know what they are doing. It looks like Fang at Hifiman has his work cut out for him.
The EF-6 is a Single Ended Amp. The 4 pin XLR output on the front panel is there for convenience purposes only.
Putting my LCD-2s on Ebay tonight as I now have LCD - XC and I hate to do it since they are different enough to keep both but I just do not have enough quiet house time to use the open back design, when my wife kicks me to my own apartment because I buy too much audio and computer gear I will be able to listen to open back headphones any time I want to and on that day I will console myself with some LCD 3s or LCD-X 😍
Edited by twodog - 1/13/14 at 12:10pm
Me too, I prefer the leather but IMO (just me) leather gives me smaller sound stage.
I might wait for LCD4 or something with the feature that you can easily remove the ear pads.
Right now once you glue the pads you can't reused them, kind of bad design I guess.
As someone who has tried both, what do you feel the differences are in practice?
SQ differences? I have not tried them on LCD-X when I had those, or LCD-XCs, only on my current LCD-3s. On my LCD-3s in comparison to the stock leather pads, the microsuede pads had more air and tilted the tonal balance *slightly* to the high frequencies. What I most noticed and missed was the subterranean and well integrated bass that LCD-3 is known for. That was the deal breaker for me and my LCD-3 s with the microsuede pads.
BTW, the microsuede headband is SO much more comfortable than the stock leather. For me, that's a keeper.
Edited by Jones Bob - 1/17/14 at 11:22am
Yape, I swap my original leather pads to vegan pads and my leather pads are all ripped, I followed the "how to replace guide from Audeze site" with exacto knife etc, etc It will get ripped.
You can't never remove the adhesive from the pads. I prefer locking mechanism than glue solution.
Waiting for the next LCD with this problem solved. ^^.
Edited by Canadian411 - 1/17/14 at 11:37am
- AUDEZE LCD XC
- › Getting Bass Distortion with My Objective O2 Amp ... Any Help? 1 minute ago
- › Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones 1 minute ago
- › DT 990 PRO 250 vs SoundMAGIC HP100 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone from the Philippines here? 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 6 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › recommendations for the absolute best, "cost-no-object" portable... 7 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 7 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob