I liked the bubinga wood best so I chose that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for recommendations for a DAC/Amp to drive my LCD-XC at work Last post on 4/10/15 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 1/7/15 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Come on, give them a break.
They are a very young company and they are figuring things out as they go.
They know how to make a top sounding product, the aspect that's been lacking up unitl now is the build quality of those said products.
But they are trying to solve these.
Look at their newly announced products the HE-400i and HE-560, both having a very different design and significantly lighter weight, their upcoming Jade II electrostat sharing that design.
Their new headphones will weight around 350g, that's almost 1/2 of what the newest Audez'e cans weight and this reduction should bring a significant increase in comfort, along with their redesigned headband.
I am not saying their products are great build quality wise, but they've been marginally improving over time, while the sound quality of those has matched and surpassed other audiophile brands in a very short time.
Okay, I'll give them a break, jejejeh! Sound-wise, not complaints, though!
I'm in total agreement...the XC and X are total opposites...and yet they are, in my opinion, two of the best five headphones currently in production. These Audeze guys certainly know what they are doing. It looks like Fang at Hifiman has his work cut out for him.
The EF-6 is a Single Ended Amp. The 4 pin XLR output on the front panel is there for convenience purposes only.
Putting my LCD-2s on Ebay tonight as I now have LCD - XC and I hate to do it since they are different enough to keep both but I just do not have enough quiet house time to use the open back design, when my wife kicks me to my own apartment because I buy too much audio and computer gear I will be able to listen to open back headphones any time I want to and on that day I will console myself with some LCD 3s or LCD-X 😍
Edited by twodog - 1/13/14 at 12:10pm
Me too, I prefer the leather but IMO (just me) leather gives me smaller sound stage.
I might wait for LCD4 or something with the feature that you can easily remove the ear pads.
Right now once you glue the pads you can't reused them, kind of bad design I guess.
As someone who has tried both, what do you feel the differences are in practice?
SQ differences? I have not tried them on LCD-X when I had those, or LCD-XCs, only on my current LCD-3s. On my LCD-3s in comparison to the stock leather pads, the microsuede pads had more air and tilted the tonal balance *slightly* to the high frequencies. What I most noticed and missed was the subterranean and well integrated bass that LCD-3 is known for. That was the deal breaker for me and my LCD-3 s with the microsuede pads.
BTW, the microsuede headband is SO much more comfortable than the stock leather. For me, that's a keeper.
Edited by Jones Bob - 1/17/14 at 11:22am
Yape, I swap my original leather pads to vegan pads and my leather pads are all ripped, I followed the "how to replace guide from Audeze site" with exacto knife etc, etc It will get ripped.
You can't never remove the adhesive from the pads. I prefer locking mechanism than glue solution.
Waiting for the next LCD with this problem solved. ^^.
Edited by Canadian411 - 1/17/14 at 11:37am
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Grado Fan Club! 11 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 41 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 53 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 3 minutes ago
- › Quick Sale Prices: Heir Audio Tzar 350, Etymotic ER4-PT, Denon AH-C400 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2