I liked the bubinga wood best so I chose that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 2/25/15 at 3:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:13pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 1/7/15 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 11/23/14 at 11:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Come on, give them a break.
They are a very young company and they are figuring things out as they go.
They know how to make a top sounding product, the aspect that's been lacking up unitl now is the build quality of those said products.
But they are trying to solve these.
Look at their newly announced products the HE-400i and HE-560, both having a very different design and significantly lighter weight, their upcoming Jade II electrostat sharing that design.
Their new headphones will weight around 350g, that's almost 1/2 of what the newest Audez'e cans weight and this reduction should bring a significant increase in comfort, along with their redesigned headband.
I am not saying their products are great build quality wise, but they've been marginally improving over time, while the sound quality of those has matched and surpassed other audiophile brands in a very short time.
Okay, I'll give them a break, jejejeh! Sound-wise, not complaints, though!
I'm in total agreement...the XC and X are total opposites...and yet they are, in my opinion, two of the best five headphones currently in production. These Audeze guys certainly know what they are doing. It looks like Fang at Hifiman has his work cut out for him.
The EF-6 is a Single Ended Amp. The 4 pin XLR output on the front panel is there for convenience purposes only.
Putting my LCD-2s on Ebay tonight as I now have LCD - XC and I hate to do it since they are different enough to keep both but I just do not have enough quiet house time to use the open back design, when my wife kicks me to my own apartment because I buy too much audio and computer gear I will be able to listen to open back headphones any time I want to and on that day I will console myself with some LCD 3s or LCD-X 😍
Edited by twodog - 1/13/14 at 12:10pm
Me too, I prefer the leather but IMO (just me) leather gives me smaller sound stage.
I might wait for LCD4 or something with the feature that you can easily remove the ear pads.
Right now once you glue the pads you can't reused them, kind of bad design I guess.
As someone who has tried both, what do you feel the differences are in practice?
SQ differences? I have not tried them on LCD-X when I had those, or LCD-XCs, only on my current LCD-3s. On my LCD-3s in comparison to the stock leather pads, the microsuede pads had more air and tilted the tonal balance *slightly* to the high frequencies. What I most noticed and missed was the subterranean and well integrated bass that LCD-3 is known for. That was the deal breaker for me and my LCD-3 s with the microsuede pads.
BTW, the microsuede headband is SO much more comfortable than the stock leather. For me, that's a keeper.
Edited by Jones Bob - 1/17/14 at 11:22am
Yape, I swap my original leather pads to vegan pads and my leather pads are all ripped, I followed the "how to replace guide from Audeze site" with exacto knife etc, etc It will get ripped.
You can't never remove the adhesive from the pads. I prefer locking mechanism than glue solution.
Waiting for the next LCD with this problem solved. ^^.
Edited by Canadian411 - 1/17/14 at 11:37am
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 23 seconds ago
- › Superlux 681 in NYC stores? [New Model] 26 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 26 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Opens its Flagship Store in Germany. Check out the full... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2