I liked the bubinga wood best so I chose that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 1/7/15 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 11/23/14 at 11:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What is your ideal headphone collection? Last post on 5/29/14 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC and WOO WA6 SE Last post on 4/29/14 at 10:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Come on, give them a break.
They are a very young company and they are figuring things out as they go.
They know how to make a top sounding product, the aspect that's been lacking up unitl now is the build quality of those said products.
But they are trying to solve these.
Look at their newly announced products the HE-400i and HE-560, both having a very different design and significantly lighter weight, their upcoming Jade II electrostat sharing that design.
Their new headphones will weight around 350g, that's almost 1/2 of what the newest Audez'e cans weight and this reduction should bring a significant increase in comfort, along with their redesigned headband.
I am not saying their products are great build quality wise, but they've been marginally improving over time, while the sound quality of those has matched and surpassed other audiophile brands in a very short time.
Okay, I'll give them a break, jejejeh! Sound-wise, not complaints, though!
I'm in total agreement...the XC and X are total opposites...and yet they are, in my opinion, two of the best five headphones currently in production. These Audeze guys certainly know what they are doing. It looks like Fang at Hifiman has his work cut out for him.
The EF-6 is a Single Ended Amp. The 4 pin XLR output on the front panel is there for convenience purposes only.
Putting my LCD-2s on Ebay tonight as I now have LCD - XC and I hate to do it since they are different enough to keep both but I just do not have enough quiet house time to use the open back design, when my wife kicks me to my own apartment because I buy too much audio and computer gear I will be able to listen to open back headphones any time I want to and on that day I will console myself with some LCD 3s or LCD-X 😍
Edited by twodog - 1/13/14 at 12:10pm
Me too, I prefer the leather but IMO (just me) leather gives me smaller sound stage.
I might wait for LCD4 or something with the feature that you can easily remove the ear pads.
Right now once you glue the pads you can't reused them, kind of bad design I guess.
As someone who has tried both, what do you feel the differences are in practice?
SQ differences? I have not tried them on LCD-X when I had those, or LCD-XCs, only on my current LCD-3s. On my LCD-3s in comparison to the stock leather pads, the microsuede pads had more air and tilted the tonal balance *slightly* to the high frequencies. What I most noticed and missed was the subterranean and well integrated bass that LCD-3 is known for. That was the deal breaker for me and my LCD-3 s with the microsuede pads.
BTW, the microsuede headband is SO much more comfortable than the stock leather. For me, that's a keeper.
Edited by Jones Bob - 1/17/14 at 11:22am
Yape, I swap my original leather pads to vegan pads and my leather pads are all ripped, I followed the "how to replace guide from Audeze site" with exacto knife etc, etc It will get ripped.
You can't never remove the adhesive from the pads. I prefer locking mechanism than glue solution.
Waiting for the next LCD with this problem solved. ^^.
Edited by Canadian411 - 1/17/14 at 11:37am
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 57 seconds ago
- › Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer beware, bigtime. 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 2 minutes ago
- › takstars HD 6000 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendation needed: replacing Sennheiser HD 380 pro 3 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3