I liked the bubinga wood best so I chose that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for recommendations for a DAC/Amp to drive my LCD-XC at work Last post on 4/10/15 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 6/7/15 at 5:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Come on, give them a break.
They are a very young company and they are figuring things out as they go.
They know how to make a top sounding product, the aspect that's been lacking up unitl now is the build quality of those said products.
But they are trying to solve these.
Look at their newly announced products the HE-400i and HE-560, both having a very different design and significantly lighter weight, their upcoming Jade II electrostat sharing that design.
Their new headphones will weight around 350g, that's almost 1/2 of what the newest Audez'e cans weight and this reduction should bring a significant increase in comfort, along with their redesigned headband.
I am not saying their products are great build quality wise, but they've been marginally improving over time, while the sound quality of those has matched and surpassed other audiophile brands in a very short time.
Okay, I'll give them a break, jejejeh! Sound-wise, not complaints, though!
I'm in total agreement...the XC and X are total opposites...and yet they are, in my opinion, two of the best five headphones currently in production. These Audeze guys certainly know what they are doing. It looks like Fang at Hifiman has his work cut out for him.
The EF-6 is a Single Ended Amp. The 4 pin XLR output on the front panel is there for convenience purposes only.
Putting my LCD-2s on Ebay tonight as I now have LCD - XC and I hate to do it since they are different enough to keep both but I just do not have enough quiet house time to use the open back design, when my wife kicks me to my own apartment because I buy too much audio and computer gear I will be able to listen to open back headphones any time I want to and on that day I will console myself with some LCD 3s or LCD-X 😍
Edited by twodog - 1/13/14 at 12:10pm
Me too, I prefer the leather but IMO (just me) leather gives me smaller sound stage.
I might wait for LCD4 or something with the feature that you can easily remove the ear pads.
Right now once you glue the pads you can't reused them, kind of bad design I guess.
As someone who has tried both, what do you feel the differences are in practice?
SQ differences? I have not tried them on LCD-X when I had those, or LCD-XCs, only on my current LCD-3s. On my LCD-3s in comparison to the stock leather pads, the microsuede pads had more air and tilted the tonal balance *slightly* to the high frequencies. What I most noticed and missed was the subterranean and well integrated bass that LCD-3 is known for. That was the deal breaker for me and my LCD-3 s with the microsuede pads.
BTW, the microsuede headband is SO much more comfortable than the stock leather. For me, that's a keeper.
Edited by Jones Bob - 1/17/14 at 11:22am
Yape, I swap my original leather pads to vegan pads and my leather pads are all ripped, I followed the "how to replace guide from Audeze site" with exacto knife etc, etc It will get ripped.
You can't never remove the adhesive from the pads. I prefer locking mechanism than glue solution.
Waiting for the next LCD with this problem solved. ^^.
Edited by Canadian411 - 1/17/14 at 11:37am
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 17 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 19 seconds ago
- › NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 55 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Vinyl vs Redbook in 2015 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 339 IEMs compared (FLC Technology FLC 8 added... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › SOLD: Sennheiser HD650 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3