New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 15

post #211 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

Thank you for that.

Its a bit funny sitation that u own sr009 and I am talking about it refers to mem9rries lol

But I believe that sr009 is one of the headphones that sounds like music from speaker.
post #212 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by skfktkwjs View Post

I have little bit different opinion.

I have no doubt that SR009 is the best headphone you can get.

but audio is all about perference. Ya sr009 is beautiful sounding can. 

When I listened sr009 with so many mousic, they are silky, juicy, transparency, natural, etc.  I though I wasn't gonna get any better sound like sr009. 

However as soon as I listened Heavy Metal, Dub - steps, electronic etc, I was disappointed at sr009.

I don't mean that they sound horrible but, I just could not find that irritation that I got from my TH900, PS1000.

and now I am using XC yet They have more of irritation than SR009. So it really depends on what you are looking for though.
+1. In fact for rock, I would not go anywhere close to the 009, maybe 007 mk 1. I don't want a magnifying glass put on my rock music. Hence I prefer the TH 900, the Audez'e cans and the HE 500. YMMV, of course.
post #213 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

In me ordering the LCD-XC, I'm hoping it doesn't sound anything like the SR-009's, if it did then there'd be no point in getting one. However SQ from the LCD-XC's isn't the main reason why I'm getting a pair.

Ah..so you are getting them for the looks...you are so shallow!!!

post #214 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post


+1. In fact for rock, I would not go anywhere close to the 009, maybe 007 mk 1. I don't want a magnifying glass put on my rock music. Hence I prefer the TH 900, the Audez'e cans and the HE 500. YMMV, of course.

 

It's sometimes too easy to dismiss the 009s for rock/metal. Tonight I started listening to metal on the 007s but I actually reached out for the 9s after a while. Unless the recording is literally abysmal, the clarity and transparency are quite addictive. Before the 009s in order my favourites were the 007 MKIs and then the LCD-3s. At the moment it's a tie between the 9s and 7s.

 

(Granted I have a SET tube amp voicing the 009s at the moment, so that may have something to do with it too)

 

I wouldn't expect the XC should compare with the 9s or even the 7s (MKI). But I am hoping for something more transparent and balanced sounding than the TH900s.


Edited by negura - 12/1/13 at 5:09pm
post #215 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

SS gear probably would be safe to leave on 24/7, but I'd never do that unattended, in fact I wouldn't do that with any of my audio gear. However I've had my BHSE on for above 9hours continuously and it worked like dream.

My speaker rig (Audio Research LS-1 preamp and Musical Fidelity Amp) hasn't been turned off in about 8 years.
post #216 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by figaro69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

In me ordering the LCD-XC, I'm hoping it doesn't sound anything like the SR-009's, if it did then there'd be no point in getting one. However SQ from the LCD-XC's isn't the main reason why I'm getting a pair.
Ah..so you are getting them for the looks...you are so shallow!!!

Some that go on head-fi do so to share their knowledge, others like me go on to learn something, then there are those that are only interested in either being insulting or taking the P--s. Let me guess which one you are.
post #217 of 1788
^ I think he was just joking.
post #218 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochin View Post

^ I think he was just joking.

I'm all for jokes, but shallow isn't a word I'd use if I was joking with someone. Yes I have ordered the LCD-XC because I like how it looks, but I also intend to do something which for me will or should improve it's looks even further.
post #219 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1961 View Post

I'm all for jokes, but shallow isn't a word I'd use if I was joking with someone. Yes I have ordered the LCD-XC because I like how it looks, but I also intend to do something which for me will or should improve it's looks even further.
Pray tell...
post #220 of 1788
Pray tell...[/quote]

At the moment I'm not saying, but I'll post some photos when I've done what I'm doing, having said that, I don't want anyone thinking I'm shallow.
post #221 of 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochin View Post

^ I never understood the notion of closed not being able to compete with open. Now, I've never tried a Stax 009, so it may well be in a different league (for $5K excluding amp, it better be), but I actually auditioned the TH900 and LCD-3 side-by-side for more than a week before deciding on the TH900 (mind you, this was with a Bakoon HPA-21, so don't go saying the LCD-3 was underamped). Granted, the TH900 is more of a semi-closed headphone, but the LCD-3 was still a fully-open one. Isn't it about preference at the end of the day? There's no such thing as "de facto" in this hobby.

Why do you say TH900 is "semi-closed"? I'm near purchasing a TH900 for work where I don't want to disturb my neighbors. I'm following this thread because LCD-XC is in the running as well but I think I won't like the clamp.

post #222 of 1788
Thread Starter 

I'm really liking the combination of CLAS-dB/RSA71b with the LCD-XCs. Fully balanced input to output using Silver Dragon Moon Audio cables. 

I think the slightly warm sound signature of the 71B works well.

Has anyone tried any other portable setups.   

post #223 of 1788
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
 

Why do you say TH900 is "semi-closed"? I'm near purchasing a TH900 for work where I don't want to disturb my neighbors. I'm following this thread because LCD-XC is in the running as well but I think I won't like the clamp.

Maybe he meant they leak a lot of sound.

The XCs also leak some sound but I'd certainly not call them semi-closed.

They isolate outside sound quite well. 

post #224 of 1788
The TH series cans aren't really fully closed. Look at the cups and you'll see a slight slit. I'm no audio expert, but I reckon that contributes to their open-back rivalling soundstage and airiness (they beat the LCD-XC in those departments). Side-effect is that they leak. Not as much as open-backs obviously, but they're far from what I'd called sealed cans.

Depends on your workspace. If you've got individual desks separated by space people can walk by (4ft or so), then it shouldn't be an issue unless you listen to your music really really loud. If it's a side-by-side (ie: cubicle) type environment, then your neighbour will be able to hear a bit. The LCD-XC will leak sound as well, just not as much. For example, the TH-900 will leak thumping low-end beats and high-hats, but the XC will probably just let the high-hats leak out.

I use a TH600 at work and am the type that listens at reasonably loud volumes, but my collegues situated about 6ft away say they can't hear anything. Obviously the ambient noise levels at my workplace help mask the leakage to a certain extent. Basically, if the person closest to you is constantly typing on a keyboard, you shouldn't be worried.

Best to try and judge for yourself. YMMV
.
Edited by kurochin - 12/2/13 at 8:39am
post #225 of 1788

The headroom graphs show the XC to isolate a little bit more than the M50.  That's great news.


Edited by TMRaven - 12/2/13 at 8:43am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum