- 169 Posts. Joined 9/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC and WOO WA6 SE Last post on 4/29/14 at 10:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)? Last post on 9/14/14 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:20am in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 108
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Audeze let me auditioned LCD3. Some mid range amp like Burson Solo may be sufficient to drive the XC but not to its best.
I tested XC with Woo WA7, not enough juice. The store assistant let me hook them up to WA22, and only then, those phones start to
sound more forward. WA7 sounds detailed enuff but very much recessed. I even cranked it down to 4PM, the XC is unfazed.
The WA7 has plenty of power. What you were experiencing was a lack of gain. You have to turn the volume control of the WA7 up higher than you expect.
I just got these headphones and I absolutely hate the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Can anyone recommend me a L-ended adapter that won't kill my players' ports? Preferably one that has a little cabling between the ends; not the adapter alone.
Also are there any adapters for the AK240's balanced-out that end at an Right-angle? Or is that impossible to engineer?
Edited by Infoseeker - 8/11/14 at 11:14pm
Straight vs right angle does not really matter imo. You can get strain regardless depending on position so it is about watching the strain relief for yourself. Have switched to straight plug for my iem and it is better than right angle for jeans use
Ooo. Thanks for the heads-up... will try to make it!
It's only couple of days, when you'll adjust to it. Now after 1 month of using it, I don't even notice them on my head.
what amp do you use with yours
That's the portable I want to get. I got a Schiit stack instead because I'm not going to bring the XCs anywhere anyway - but now I'm going to get some in-ear and need a portable amp. "Need" :) Wonder if i can get away with getting a $200 portable amp/dac (other optoin would be to go modi/magni stack).
Edited by Naugrim - 8/14/14 at 10:34am
- AUDEZE LCD XC
- › Chord Hugo 20 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 9 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)