- 470 Posts. Joined 9/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 1/7/15 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 3/23/15 at 9:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 108
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Audeze let me auditioned LCD3. Some mid range amp like Burson Solo may be sufficient to drive the XC but not to its best.
I tested XC with Woo WA7, not enough juice. The store assistant let me hook them up to WA22, and only then, those phones start to
sound more forward. WA7 sounds detailed enuff but very much recessed. I even cranked it down to 4PM, the XC is unfazed.
The WA7 has plenty of power. What you were experiencing was a lack of gain. You have to turn the volume control of the WA7 up higher than you expect.
I just got these headphones and I absolutely hate the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Can anyone recommend me a L-ended adapter that won't kill my players' ports? Preferably one that has a little cabling between the ends; not the adapter alone.
Also are there any adapters for the AK240's balanced-out that end at an Right-angle? Or is that impossible to engineer?
Edited by Infoseeker - 8/11/14 at 11:14pm
Straight vs right angle does not really matter imo. You can get strain regardless depending on position so it is about watching the strain relief for yourself. Have switched to straight plug for my iem and it is better than right angle for jeans use
Ooo. Thanks for the heads-up... will try to make it!
It's only couple of days, when you'll adjust to it. Now after 1 month of using it, I don't even notice them on my head.
what amp do you use with yours
That's the portable I want to get. I got a Schiit stack instead because I'm not going to bring the XCs anywhere anyway - but now I'm going to get some in-ear and need a portable amp. "Need" :) Wonder if i can get away with getting a $200 portable amp/dac (other optoin would be to go modi/magni stack).
Edited by Naugrim - 8/14/14 at 10:34am
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Woo Audio WA-8 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon (mini desktop amp) 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kerm AK240 MINT! 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 4 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2