- 512 Posts. Joined 9/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for recommendations for a DAC/Amp to drive my LCD-XC at work Last post on 4/10/15 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 1/7/15 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and...
First of all I would like to thank FiiO for choosing me as part of the world tour of the new X3 DAP. I am pretty new in reviewing audio devices, and I feel really grateful for including...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 108
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Audeze let me auditioned LCD3. Some mid range amp like Burson Solo may be sufficient to drive the XC but not to its best.
I tested XC with Woo WA7, not enough juice. The store assistant let me hook them up to WA22, and only then, those phones start to
sound more forward. WA7 sounds detailed enuff but very much recessed. I even cranked it down to 4PM, the XC is unfazed.
The WA7 has plenty of power. What you were experiencing was a lack of gain. You have to turn the volume control of the WA7 up higher than you expect.
I just got these headphones and I absolutely hate the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. Can anyone recommend me a L-ended adapter that won't kill my players' ports? Preferably one that has a little cabling between the ends; not the adapter alone.
Also are there any adapters for the AK240's balanced-out that end at an Right-angle? Or is that impossible to engineer?
Edited by Infoseeker - 8/11/14 at 11:14pm
Straight vs right angle does not really matter imo. You can get strain regardless depending on position so it is about watching the strain relief for yourself. Have switched to straight plug for my iem and it is better than right angle for jeans use
Ooo. Thanks for the heads-up... will try to make it!
It's only couple of days, when you'll adjust to it. Now after 1 month of using it, I don't even notice them on my head.
what amp do you use with yours
That's the portable I want to get. I got a Schiit stack instead because I'm not going to bring the XCs anywhere anyway - but now I'm going to get some in-ear and need a portable amp. "Need" :) Wonder if i can get away with getting a $200 portable amp/dac (other optoin would be to go modi/magni stack).
Edited by Naugrim - 8/14/14 at 10:34am
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › JBL Synchros S700. Why no talk? 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision L5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player with... 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about connectivity issues with Soundblaster Z + magni amp 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups,... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2