^ That show (CAS) really needs to do more advertising because I totally forgot about it. Actually all audio shows need to do more advertising. If they're going to feature headphone vendors (which is becoming increasingly the case), they should place ads on Head-Fi!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for recommendations for a DAC/Amp to drive my LCD-XC at work Last post on 4/10/15 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 1/7/15 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
At the time this review was written, the Huaham E701 Silence Dreamer in-ear monitor was on sale for $26.99 USD on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Review Introduction Many thanks to samma3a.com for providing me with a ASG2.5 for a week to review. Aurisonics is a Nashville, Tennessee, US based company that produces...
For music on the go. This are my favourites for the moment. I rate it even higher than the Sennheiser Momentum because the cans are much more comfortable. In terms of Bass qualities,I prefer...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 107
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You're right, Asr, they should advertise it on Head-Fi since they have a ballroom dedicated to portable audio and many of the usual suspects are there.
Here's a good website that keeps me up on all the upcoming shows from around the world.
Edited by jwbrent - 8/7/14 at 1:37pm
Problem is most deals are like 3-5% off. You might as well buy a brand new one.
So I'm very new to Head-Fi and Headphones in general. I got my first Amp, DAC and Headphones this month. Thought I'd share a pic of my setup!
I'm dealing with my ears touching the inner "grill" (is that what you call it?) on my XC's, which kind of annoys me. The sound is amazing, but I'm considering replacing these with TH900's so I can comfortably use them when playing games on my XBOX1/PC and at work. That being said, maybe I'll just get both. I got these for $1300 brand new from a lady who won them on the Price is Right. The only reason I'm not trading them is that I love the sound - the bass is magical on these on the right song (check out Isaac by Bear's Den about 15 seconds in). They are quite heavy, but for some reason it doesn't annoy me. Every once in a while I get annoyed at the fit - but then again I listen to them for 5+ hours at a time and I wear glasses. I think they are the most beautiful pair of headphones on the market - bar none.
You are such a lucky guy. Congratz The XC is much better than the TH900 except it is much heavier and more expensive. Keep it if you can.
Thanks, yeah it was like mana form heaven. I saw them the night I got back from the Capital Audiofest CanMania meetup a few weeks back and bought them the next day. I don't think I'll ever get that good of a deal again on these, so I'm hesitant to get rid of them. I got a PM telling me there is a fix if my ears touch the inside of the ear pads..so I'm going to check that out. I listened to the TH900s at the meetup and really liked them - but there is something special about these. Listening to Stairway right now - amazeballs!
Thanks! :) She was asking for $1450, but had been trying to sell them for a month. I think I could have paid $1,000 if I had offered, but I said $1300 instead. LOL - it's like when your first counter offer gets accepted at a job. NOOOOOO!
I'd still be happy with $1300. They are $2400 new in Australia so that's probably what we'd pay for a pair that was a couple of years old.
I think I saw someone post the video of that woman winning these on the price is right earlier on in this thread somewhere.
I wish I were one of the contestants arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ah haha cool. Maybe Audeze thought the XC would be the better phone to be driven directly off an ipod touch...
Audeze let me auditioned LCD3. Some mid range amp like Burson Solo may be sufficient to drive the XC but not to its best.
I tested XC with Woo WA7, not enough juice. The store assistant let me hook them up to WA22, and only then, those phones start to
sound more forward. WA7 sounds detailed enuff but very much recessed. I even cranked it down to 4PM, the XC is unfazed.
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 22 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... 1 minute ago
- › Portaphile Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by mark2410
- › Huaham Ultimate Edition E701 Noodle Style Ergonomics Noise... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Koolpep
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Chiek
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2