^ That show (CAS) really needs to do more advertising because I totally forgot about it. Actually all audio shows need to do more advertising. If they're going to feature headphone vendors (which is becoming increasingly the case), they should place ads on Head-Fi!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 11/23/14 at 11:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What is your ideal headphone collection? Last post on 5/29/14 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC and WOO WA6 SE Last post on 4/29/14 at 10:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)? Last post on 10/4/14 at 10:27am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
I am penning down my opinion about the QLS QA360 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts...
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 107
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You're right, Asr, they should advertise it on Head-Fi since they have a ballroom dedicated to portable audio and many of the usual suspects are there.
Here's a good website that keeps me up on all the upcoming shows from around the world.
Edited by jwbrent - 8/7/14 at 1:37pm
Problem is most deals are like 3-5% off. You might as well buy a brand new one.
So I'm very new to Head-Fi and Headphones in general. I got my first Amp, DAC and Headphones this month. Thought I'd share a pic of my setup!
I'm dealing with my ears touching the inner "grill" (is that what you call it?) on my XC's, which kind of annoys me. The sound is amazing, but I'm considering replacing these with TH900's so I can comfortably use them when playing games on my XBOX1/PC and at work. That being said, maybe I'll just get both. I got these for $1300 brand new from a lady who won them on the Price is Right. The only reason I'm not trading them is that I love the sound - the bass is magical on these on the right song (check out Isaac by Bear's Den about 15 seconds in). They are quite heavy, but for some reason it doesn't annoy me. Every once in a while I get annoyed at the fit - but then again I listen to them for 5+ hours at a time and I wear glasses. I think they are the most beautiful pair of headphones on the market - bar none.
You are such a lucky guy. Congratz The XC is much better than the TH900 except it is much heavier and more expensive. Keep it if you can.
Thanks, yeah it was like mana form heaven. I saw them the night I got back from the Capital Audiofest CanMania meetup a few weeks back and bought them the next day. I don't think I'll ever get that good of a deal again on these, so I'm hesitant to get rid of them. I got a PM telling me there is a fix if my ears touch the inside of the ear pads..so I'm going to check that out. I listened to the TH900s at the meetup and really liked them - but there is something special about these. Listening to Stairway right now - amazeballs!
Thanks! :) She was asking for $1450, but had been trying to sell them for a month. I think I could have paid $1,000 if I had offered, but I said $1300 instead. LOL - it's like when your first counter offer gets accepted at a job. NOOOOOO!
I'd still be happy with $1300. They are $2400 new in Australia so that's probably what we'd pay for a pair that was a couple of years old.
I think I saw someone post the video of that woman winning these on the price is right earlier on in this thread somewhere.
I wish I were one of the contestants arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ah haha cool. Maybe Audeze thought the XC would be the better phone to be driven directly off an ipod touch...
Audeze let me auditioned LCD3. Some mid range amp like Burson Solo may be sufficient to drive the XC but not to its best.
I tested XC with Woo WA7, not enough juice. The store assistant let me hook them up to WA22, and only then, those phones start to
sound more forward. WA7 sounds detailed enuff but very much recessed. I even cranked it down to 4PM, the XC is unfazed.
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 1 minute ago
- › HeadphoneAddict in a serious accident 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Help on sound signature of Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 600 ohm version 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › W30 vs W40 - Help Please 7 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 9 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones, Black by Nocturnal310
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)