^ That show (CAS) really needs to do more advertising because I totally forgot about it. Actually all audio shows need to do more advertising. If they're going to feature headphone vendors (which is becoming increasingly the case), they should place ads on Head-Fi!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for recommendations for a DAC/Amp to drive my LCD-XC at work Last post on 4/10/15 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 3/20/15 at 11:55pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 6/7/15 at 5:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 107
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You're right, Asr, they should advertise it on Head-Fi since they have a ballroom dedicated to portable audio and many of the usual suspects are there.
Here's a good website that keeps me up on all the upcoming shows from around the world.
Edited by jwbrent - 8/7/14 at 1:37pm
Problem is most deals are like 3-5% off. You might as well buy a brand new one.
So I'm very new to Head-Fi and Headphones in general. I got my first Amp, DAC and Headphones this month. Thought I'd share a pic of my setup!
I'm dealing with my ears touching the inner "grill" (is that what you call it?) on my XC's, which kind of annoys me. The sound is amazing, but I'm considering replacing these with TH900's so I can comfortably use them when playing games on my XBOX1/PC and at work. That being said, maybe I'll just get both. I got these for $1300 brand new from a lady who won them on the Price is Right. The only reason I'm not trading them is that I love the sound - the bass is magical on these on the right song (check out Isaac by Bear's Den about 15 seconds in). They are quite heavy, but for some reason it doesn't annoy me. Every once in a while I get annoyed at the fit - but then again I listen to them for 5+ hours at a time and I wear glasses. I think they are the most beautiful pair of headphones on the market - bar none.
You are such a lucky guy. Congratz The XC is much better than the TH900 except it is much heavier and more expensive. Keep it if you can.
Thanks, yeah it was like mana form heaven. I saw them the night I got back from the Capital Audiofest CanMania meetup a few weeks back and bought them the next day. I don't think I'll ever get that good of a deal again on these, so I'm hesitant to get rid of them. I got a PM telling me there is a fix if my ears touch the inside of the ear pads..so I'm going to check that out. I listened to the TH900s at the meetup and really liked them - but there is something special about these. Listening to Stairway right now - amazeballs!
Thanks! :) She was asking for $1450, but had been trying to sell them for a month. I think I could have paid $1,000 if I had offered, but I said $1300 instead. LOL - it's like when your first counter offer gets accepted at a job. NOOOOOO!
I'd still be happy with $1300. They are $2400 new in Australia so that's probably what we'd pay for a pair that was a couple of years old.
I think I saw someone post the video of that woman winning these on the price is right earlier on in this thread somewhere.
I wish I were one of the contestants arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ah haha cool. Maybe Audeze thought the XC would be the better phone to be driven directly off an ipod touch...
Audeze let me auditioned LCD3. Some mid range amp like Burson Solo may be sufficient to drive the XC but not to its best.
I tested XC with Woo WA7, not enough juice. The store assistant let me hook them up to WA22, and only then, those phones start to
sound more forward. WA7 sounds detailed enuff but very much recessed. I even cranked it down to 4PM, the XC is unfazed.
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 55 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)