^ That show (CAS) really needs to do more advertising because I totally forgot about it. Actually all audio shows need to do more advertising. If they're going to feature headphone vendors (which is becoming increasingly the case), they should place ads on Head-Fi!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 1/7/15 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 11/23/14 at 11:44pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What is your ideal headphone collection? Last post on 5/29/14 at 8:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC and WOO WA6 SE Last post on 4/29/14 at 10:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
I tried the v-moda m100 a few months ago when I purchased it and deciding between them and the hd 650. In the end I kept the 650, these headphones are without a doubt pretty overpriced for the...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
It seems petty to complain about a $100 hi-res/high capacity player, but I'll give it whirl. It might help to understand that I've been using iPods and iTunes since Apple came out with the...
I have to talk about my expectation on this Headphone first. I am not a senior audiophile. 3 years ago, my first pair of AKG K601 lead me into this wonderful world of audiophile. This pair...
IEMs I own and have used extensively before: Vsonic GR07 (single dynamic), Vsonic VC1000 (dual BA), Etymotic HF5 (single BA) (all around or slightly above $100). Fit and Comfort The...
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 107
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You're right, Asr, they should advertise it on Head-Fi since they have a ballroom dedicated to portable audio and many of the usual suspects are there.
Here's a good website that keeps me up on all the upcoming shows from around the world.
Edited by jwbrent - 8/7/14 at 1:37pm
Problem is most deals are like 3-5% off. You might as well buy a brand new one.
So I'm very new to Head-Fi and Headphones in general. I got my first Amp, DAC and Headphones this month. Thought I'd share a pic of my setup!
I'm dealing with my ears touching the inner "grill" (is that what you call it?) on my XC's, which kind of annoys me. The sound is amazing, but I'm considering replacing these with TH900's so I can comfortably use them when playing games on my XBOX1/PC and at work. That being said, maybe I'll just get both. I got these for $1300 brand new from a lady who won them on the Price is Right. The only reason I'm not trading them is that I love the sound - the bass is magical on these on the right song (check out Isaac by Bear's Den about 15 seconds in). They are quite heavy, but for some reason it doesn't annoy me. Every once in a while I get annoyed at the fit - but then again I listen to them for 5+ hours at a time and I wear glasses. I think they are the most beautiful pair of headphones on the market - bar none.
You are such a lucky guy. Congratz The XC is much better than the TH900 except it is much heavier and more expensive. Keep it if you can.
Thanks, yeah it was like mana form heaven. I saw them the night I got back from the Capital Audiofest CanMania meetup a few weeks back and bought them the next day. I don't think I'll ever get that good of a deal again on these, so I'm hesitant to get rid of them. I got a PM telling me there is a fix if my ears touch the inside of the ear pads..so I'm going to check that out. I listened to the TH900s at the meetup and really liked them - but there is something special about these. Listening to Stairway right now - amazeballs!
Thanks! :) She was asking for $1450, but had been trying to sell them for a month. I think I could have paid $1,000 if I had offered, but I said $1300 instead. LOL - it's like when your first counter offer gets accepted at a job. NOOOOOO!
I'd still be happy with $1300. They are $2400 new in Australia so that's probably what we'd pay for a pair that was a couple of years old.
I think I saw someone post the video of that woman winning these on the price is right earlier on in this thread somewhere.
I wish I were one of the contestants arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ah haha cool. Maybe Audeze thought the XC would be the better phone to be driven directly off an ipod touch...
Audeze let me auditioned LCD3. Some mid range amp like Burson Solo may be sufficient to drive the XC but not to its best.
I tested XC with Woo WA7, not enough juice. The store assistant let me hook them up to WA22, and only then, those phones start to
sound more forward. WA7 sounds detailed enuff but very much recessed. I even cranked it down to 4PM, the XC is unfazed.
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › My 32GB Flash IPod Mini 28 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 32 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 44 seconds ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 56 seconds ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)