^ That show (CAS) really needs to do more advertising because I totally forgot about it. Actually all audio shows need to do more advertising. If they're going to feature headphone vendors (which is becoming increasingly the case), they should place ads on Head-Fi!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 9/19/14 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC and WOO WA6 SE Last post on 4/29/14 at 10:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)? Last post on 9/14/14 at 10:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:20am in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 107
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You're right, Asr, they should advertise it on Head-Fi since they have a ballroom dedicated to portable audio and many of the usual suspects are there.
Here's a good website that keeps me up on all the upcoming shows from around the world.
Edited by jwbrent - 8/7/14 at 1:37pm
Problem is most deals are like 3-5% off. You might as well buy a brand new one.
So I'm very new to Head-Fi and Headphones in general. I got my first Amp, DAC and Headphones this month. Thought I'd share a pic of my setup!
I'm dealing with my ears touching the inner "grill" (is that what you call it?) on my XC's, which kind of annoys me. The sound is amazing, but I'm considering replacing these with TH900's so I can comfortably use them when playing games on my XBOX1/PC and at work. That being said, maybe I'll just get both. I got these for $1300 brand new from a lady who won them on the Price is Right. The only reason I'm not trading them is that I love the sound - the bass is magical on these on the right song (check out Isaac by Bear's Den about 15 seconds in). They are quite heavy, but for some reason it doesn't annoy me. Every once in a while I get annoyed at the fit - but then again I listen to them for 5+ hours at a time and I wear glasses. I think they are the most beautiful pair of headphones on the market - bar none.
You are such a lucky guy. Congratz The XC is much better than the TH900 except it is much heavier and more expensive. Keep it if you can.
Thanks, yeah it was like mana form heaven. I saw them the night I got back from the Capital Audiofest CanMania meetup a few weeks back and bought them the next day. I don't think I'll ever get that good of a deal again on these, so I'm hesitant to get rid of them. I got a PM telling me there is a fix if my ears touch the inside of the ear pads..so I'm going to check that out. I listened to the TH900s at the meetup and really liked them - but there is something special about these. Listening to Stairway right now - amazeballs!
Thanks! :) She was asking for $1450, but had been trying to sell them for a month. I think I could have paid $1,000 if I had offered, but I said $1300 instead. LOL - it's like when your first counter offer gets accepted at a job. NOOOOOO!
I'd still be happy with $1300. They are $2400 new in Australia so that's probably what we'd pay for a pair that was a couple of years old.
I think I saw someone post the video of that woman winning these on the price is right earlier on in this thread somewhere.
I wish I were one of the contestants arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ah haha cool. Maybe Audeze thought the XC would be the better phone to be driven directly off an ipod touch...
Audeze let me auditioned LCD3. Some mid range amp like Burson Solo may be sufficient to drive the XC but not to its best.
I tested XC with Woo WA7, not enough juice. The store assistant let me hook them up to WA22, and only then, those phones start to
sound more forward. WA7 sounds detailed enuff but very much recessed. I even cranked it down to 4PM, the XC is unfazed.
- AUDEZE LCD XC
- › Looking For Budget IEMs 1 second ago
- › Ibasso DX90 Headphone Jack problems. 41 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best UIEM to run with 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)