New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 102

post #1516 of 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

I remember when my dog was puppy eating the AK701 cable had to replace the cable-now I am lucky with three dogs they stay away from  my gear now. Glad  the XC were not damaged that would been upsetting for sure.

It was entirely my fault for leaving them on the sofa cushion. I can't blame him for having too much energy!

I'm absolutely blown way there wasn't any damage. None!
post #1517 of 1707


 

 

Good looking dog ...

post #1518 of 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder01 View Post
 

Has anyone disliked the look of the wooden earcups enough to paint them?  Probably not with a can of spraypaint, but you could take them to a place that does 2-pac paint for kitchen cupboards or a panelbeater/spraypainter.  You could get them to spray the cups next time they do a black kitchen or automotive repair?

 

 

:eek:   INCONCEIVABLE! 

post #1519 of 1707

Any chance the XC's can be driven by the AK240 alone (I'm planning on getting the Red Wine Audio upgrade version). I know it's easy to drive but can a reference class DAP drive it on it's own or should I go for a custom iem? I just don't want a portable amp, I'd rather carry it all in my pocket.

post #1520 of 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumi96 View Post
 

Any chance the XC's can be driven by the AK240 alone (I'm planning on getting the Red Wine Audio upgrade version). I know it's easy to drive but can a reference class DAP drive it on it's own or should I go for a custom iem? I just don't want a portable amp, I'd rather carry it all in my pocket.

 

I find the 240 works beautifully with my XCs. I'm also a fan of simplicity.

post #1521 of 1707
I second that,I love listening to my xcs with just the ak240.they are lovely with each other.
post #1522 of 1707

I also like the idea of a one box solution for the LCD's - is there much difference in the amp section in the AK100 and AK120?  I know the AK240 is a higher quality build, and plays back DSD in it's native state, but is the amp part of them the same?

post #1523 of 1707

Or more importantly I guess I should ask if anyone has heard these cans on the AK240 and the AK120 and noticed any difference (on .wav or .flac cd rips)

post #1524 of 1707

I did a search & didn't find it mentioned before, so just thought I'd post it in case anyone is considering this pairing. The XC's sound amazing on Master 9 & WA22 (with upgraded tubes).

post #1525 of 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

I did a search & didn't find it mentioned before, so just thought I'd post it in case anyone is considering this pairing. The XC's sound amazing on Master 9 & WA22 (with upgraded tubes).

Punit, what DAC are you using with these amps?

post #1526 of 1707

AGD NFB-7 (Balanced out)

post #1527 of 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

AGD NFB-7 (Balanced out)

 I listened to a SABRE-based DAC briefly and was not really in love with it. I'm not trying to stir up a hornet's nest but it may not be for me.

post #1528 of 1707

which one was it ?

post #1529 of 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbrent View Post
 

 

I find the 240 works beautifully with my XCs. I'm also a fan of simplicity.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboy76 View Post

I second that,I love listening to my xcs with just the ak240.they are lovely with each other.


Thanks, but why do I keep on seeing people with iems using portable amps, if there are headphones out there that can be used without portable amps, why would people who choose to use iems then choose to throw in a portable amp? The XC really do seem to be the the most convinient option on because the advantages it offers in alot of areas, not to mention the SQ, my dilemma has been XC+ALO Reference 16+RWAK240 or Noble K10+ Wagnus Cable (Japanese company)+ RWAK240, don't sure if this makes my choice all that much easier though. :o


Edited by Tumi96 - 7/11/14 at 3:30am
post #1530 of 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

which one was it ?

Gosh, its been a little while ago...I think its the Audioquest Dragonfly? I hope I'm right.

 

Added: This is before I decided to get the Bifrost

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum