or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 93

post #1381 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossliew View Post

I think any amp can drive the XC and play it loud. But the music may be thin and lifeless. I just want to hear some impressions from those who have a have heard the XC from a very powerful amp, maybe a vintage receiver or something along those lines.
Violectric V200 or Schiit mjolnir...
post #1382 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by negramurcia View Post


Violectric V200 or Schiit mjolnir...

Have you listened to the XC/V200 or XC/Mjolnir combo? Any impressions?

post #1383 of 2642

Hey guys! I just received my XC's a couple weeks ago and made an account to ask a question here. I was just wondering what desktop amps/dacs you guys recommend to pair with these headphones? 

post #1384 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairmandev View Post

Hey guys! I just received my XC's a couple weeks ago and made an account to ask a question here. I was just wondering what desktop amps/dacs you guys recommend to pair with these headphones? 

I am using the Oppo HA-1 and to me it sounds superb!

Edit: Best when using balanced.
Edited by x RELIC x - 6/2/14 at 2:46pm
post #1385 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossliew View Post

Have you listened to the XC/V200 or XC/Mjolnir combo? Any impressions?
Drive LCD3 easy..so,XC or X..more easy smily_headphones1.gif
post #1386 of 2642
V200 is warm and dark (tube sounding and amazing bass),Mjolnir more dynamic and clear...
post #1387 of 2642

IMO, Mjolnir drives the Audez'e LCD 3 and the XC very very well. I found the Lyr to be the better amp with the LCD 2.2. It is a little forward, like sitting in the front row of a concert. Both top and bottom extensions are very good. The mid range for both these cans is plain awesome. 

post #1388 of 2642

Has anyone tried XC with Forza cables or Alo Green line?

post #1389 of 2642
Thanks for the impressions with Mjo n V200. Today, i had the good fortune of trying the XC with a Chord Hugo playing mp3s off my Android phone via bluetooth connection. By golly it sounds good!

I heard the mid bass i was missing. The sound was clear, airy and transparent. Bass was pushed upfront and overall the music sounded fuller (rather than thin n flat as i heard it with Modi/Lyr). I now believe the Dac can make a noticeable difference. The headamp is pretty impressive for a portable and drives the XC well. Of course, i expect it to improve further with a dedicated amp. Take note this is just with lossy files over bluetooth. Now i need to decide if this is the upgrade that will bring my set up a clear notch higher. And plan a budget to include a separate amp as well..Lyr 2?
post #1390 of 2642

In regards to an amp, I use the Woo Wa7 or the headphone output from my Marantz 1602 which is being upgraded to a AV 7701 and 7055 combo.

They both sound good, different but good...neither for me is fatiguing, which is important.

I am going to try my little Micromega DAC instead of the DAC in the Woo.

I am getting a new Marantz BluRay, a 7707 that can also play CD and SACD, so their should be a very nice improvement over the Samsung I am now using.

Cable music channels sound flat compared to CD and horrid compared to SACD and records...I may try the Micromega between the Cable box and the new preamp.

Can any tell me if this would help?

Thanks

Art

post #1391 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightthree View Post

Has anyone tried XC with Forza cables or Alo Green line?
i love Forza cables,Mk2 is so nice...build quality and sound great
post #1392 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossliew View Post

Thanks for the impressions with Mjo n V200. Today, i had the good fortune of trying the XC with a Chord Hugo playing mp3s off my Android phone via bluetooth connection. By golly it sounds good!

I heard the mid bass i was missing. The sound was clear, airy and transparent. Bass was pushed upfront and overall the music sounded fuller (rather than thin n flat as i heard it with Modi/Lyr). I now believe the Dac can make a noticeable difference. The headamp is pretty impressive for a portable and drives the XC well. Of course, i expect it to improve further with a dedicated amp. Take note this is just with lossy files over bluetooth. Now i need to decide if this is the upgrade that will bring my set up a clear notch higher. And plan a budget to include a separate amp as well..Lyr 2?

If it was a Bluetooth connection with your android phone doesn't it bypass the chord Hugo ? The signal is being processed by the internal dac of the phone. Am I missing something?
post #1393 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dguitarnut View Post

If it was a Bluetooth connection with your android phone doesn't it bypass the chord Hugo ? The signal is being processed by the internal dac of the phone. Am I missing something?

Good point there. I could perhaps be listening to the superb amplifier instead. Perhaps someone can chime in and clear the air.
post #1394 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dguitarnut View Post

If it was a Bluetooth connection with your android phone doesn't it bypass the chord Hugo ? The signal is being processed by the internal dac of the phone. Am I missing something?
bt will send a digital signal out to the bt receiver, which in turn is connected to the Dac.
post #1395 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkiwi View Post


bt will send a digital signal out to the bt receiver, which in turn is connected to the Dac.

Thanks for the clarification! This is looking like a very interesting piece of expensive Dac..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum