New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 79

post #1171 of 1718

If you end up making your own cup keep us posted. Would love to know how it comes out

Audeze LLC is a U.S. manufacturer of headphones that redefine the world of high-end audio using a unique combination of proprietary planar magnetic...
Reply
post #1172 of 1718
Me too. I would love to have more than the already offered cups that the XC have.
post #1173 of 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraI View Post

Me too. I would love to have more than the already offered cups that the XC have.


Keep in mind that removing cups voids warranty..

post #1174 of 1718
Mid nite listening time LCD XC with loaner Bakoon DAC 9730

Source : CDP Stello CDA 500 as transport
Dac : Bakoon DAC 9730 192 KHz Sampling 24 Bit D/A Converter Japan
Amp : Tube pre amp T+A P10.2
Headphone : LCD XC
Abyss 1266

My impression :
With additional DAC 9730 Bakoon Japan, overall SQ more weight abd better. Pronounce
Than direct use CDP Stello CDA 500
Better clarity and very smooth High .natural and sweet midrange
High is not so extended , For some One WHO like Vynil SQ , For sure Love This DAC 9730 from Bakoon japan
IMO



post #1175 of 1718

Why the plastic bags?

post #1176 of 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbradley02 View Post

Why the plastic bags?
Probably to prevent entanglement of the cables. I used to have a thin hose-like contraption for each cord and cable and it helps if the interconnects and cords start growing with more equipment (for me).
post #1177 of 1718
So, he can return them later for a full refund.

wink.gif
post #1178 of 1718

I remember reading about the old days when everyone would put plastic covers on their furniture and never sit on it, so as to preserve it. But now with cheap Chinese (in price, not quality) manufacturing people no longer value material goods that much.

post #1179 of 1718

So I have the opportunity to audition the XC's thanks the the HeadAmp demo program. 

 

Driving them off my Pioneer Spec vintage system, comparing them side by side with both my D7000's and TH900's, both Lawton modded.

 

The XC is a brick.  Very heavy and noticeably so, but pretty comfortable even with the weight.  Certainly not head banging phones but then again, that's not their style.

 

Maybe I did a disservice comparing them to two of the premiere dynamic headphones on the market, and being a basshead to boot.  The XC has a nice tone, very nice bass but it just can't thump like the Fostex/Denon.  Overall sound is nice, pretty balanced and mids are sweet as I hear planars are known for. 

 

Now I wish I had tried the X instead as compared to the two I did, it ends up in third place across the board as a closed phone.  Not a bad headphone at all of course, but the two I compared it two just happen to be my favorite sound signature, after over 40 varied headphones listened to.  Throw in the cost and it's no contest. 

post #1180 of 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

Certainly not head banging phones but then again, that's not their style.

That doesn't stop me. :) See avatar.

post #1181 of 1718
Oregonian,
my two cents. While the V shaped sound of the Fostex is definitely more fun, the XC subtly draws me into the music and I am able to go for at least a couple of hours. To me, the XC seems more "full bodied" in SQ. I don't use vintage amps but use the Gungnir/Mojo stack.
In the end, I could not decide between the two and kept both 😄
post #1182 of 1718
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

Oregonian,
my two cents. While the V shaped sound of the Fostex is definitely more fun, the XC subtly draws me into the music and I am able to go for at least a couple of hours. To me, the XC seems more "full bodied" in SQ. I don't use vintage amps but use the Gungnir/Mojo stack.
In the end, I could not decide between the two and kept both 😄

Fully agree with this.

post #1183 of 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

So I have the opportunity to audition the XC's thanks the the HeadAmp demo program. 

 

Driving them off my Pioneer Spec vintage system, comparing them side by side with both my D7000's and TH900's, both Lawton modded.

 

The XC is a brick.  Very heavy and noticeably so, but pretty comfortable even with the weight.  Certainly not head banging phones but then again, that's not their style.

 

Maybe I did a disservice comparing them to two of the premiere dynamic headphones on the market, and being a basshead to boot.  The XC has a nice tone, very nice bass but it just can't thump like the Fostex/Denon.  Overall sound is nice, pretty balanced and mids are sweet as I hear planars are known for. 

 

Now I wish I had tried the X instead as compared to the two I did, it ends up in third place across the board as a closed phone.  Not a bad headphone at all of course, but the two I compared it two just happen to be my favorite sound signature, after over 40 varied headphones listened to.  Throw in the cost and it's no contest. 

 

 

You were the one that were previously a basshead, and said the Alpha Dog had enough bass to satisfy you?  If the XC different in this manner?  I think the  XC has a little more bass thanks to its closed-back resonance than the HE-400, which I found to have more bass than the Mad Dog 3.2.   People say the Mad Dog 3.2 has a little more bass than the Alpha Dog.  I'm just trying to get some different/more perspective.


Edited by TMRaven - 4/13/14 at 7:45am
post #1184 of 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post


You were the one that were previously a basshead, and said the Alpha Dog had enough bass to satisfy you?  If the XC different in this manner?  I think the  XC has a little more bass thanks to its closed-back resonance than the HE-400, which I found to have more bass than the Mad Dog 3.2.   People say the Mad Dog 3.2 has a little more bass than the Alpha Dog.

I'm still a basshead, just figure higher quality than my XB500's sound quality basshead if that makes sense. I like the XC but much prefer the Denon/Fostex depth of bass. Probably the dynamic vs planar difference where the amount of air moved by a dynamic can is more felt than the planar. The Alpha Dog and XC could both satisfy me but if I have the choice of them or my Denons I'd always reach for the Denon. If I never had the Denon experience the XC and AD would surely be adequate.
post #1185 of 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Probably the dynamic vs planar difference where the amount of air moved by a dynamic can is more felt than the planar.

That's interesting. I've never heard that claim made about dynamic drivers vs planars for either full-range speakers or headphones.

 

That exact quality is why most people love the quality of bass from Magneplanar speakers and the Audeze LCD-2/LCD-3.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum