Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on Yesterday at 7:37 am in Headphones (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC and WOO WA6 SE Last post on 4/29/14 at 10:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Which headphones look the most expensive to you (Regardless of price)? Last post on 10/4/14 at 10:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread Last post on 7/3/14 at 11:20am in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 77
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
source : AK 240 use LINE OUT
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet use Low Gain
Headphone : Beyerdynamic T5p stock cable
LCD XC SAA. endorphin balance 4 pin > balance 4 pin to mini plug
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Cabel Dreamline DIY
Music file : WAV ,AIFF , FLAC hi rest 24 bit / 196 KHz and DSD
My impression :
High : very detail and very clear and very good clarity
Mid : very clear and sweet and natural mid that I can hear every clear how the Sanger breath
Very good pronounced and rendering
Bass : very good impact and fast bass reproduction and very clean and detail
Separation : very good separation that for close I can detect very clear the musician placement
Soundstage : wide and very good depth , that I feel not like close headphone
Background : very black background
Hissing : No hiss
Duet is new amp , the SQ is one level above my old school Headroom portable micro amp and pico dac amp
With duet pair with AK 240 has very good synergy , very good rendering , at low Gain I have power full
Amp to drive T5p and LCD XC .
The best synergy pair with LCD XC , with T5p the bass is not so tight
Duet is my favorite amp for all rounder music genre
That's why I have two sets Duet one in Silver and one in Copper
Before I go ins bed , I heard DSD file from OPUS 2 : teach me tonight and Here's that rainy day , wow my hair stand up now , how beautiful DSD sound quality with this set up on my LCD XC , like your musician blow saxophone near you , man o man I love it , I can sleep well tonight hahaha
I've had my pair of LCD-XCs for about 2 months now, and I'm really enjoying them. I'd been on a quest for the perfect closed setup for a while (trying T5ps, ED8s), and think I've finally found it! Been meaning to do a more detailed write-up review, but I thought I'd share some quick notes. My setup is:
Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet for playback (JRiver Media Center / Foobar2000)
NAD M51 DAC
Questyle CMA800R Amp
I don't have any particularly fancy cables. I'm using USB in, and balanced from dac to amp. So far, I am really loving the sound. I was previously using the XCs with a Burson Conductor which has plenty of power (4wpc) but wasn't giving me the sound stage and instrument separation. With this setup, sounds amazing! The highs are definitely there, but I haven't had any problems with brightness (whereas the T5p would kill me with this.) The sound is intimate and clear. I've been enjoying all types of music, but anything with guitar or prominent vocals really sings. I can also throw on some Metallica and the cans can really rock. Bass has not been a problem. They are absolutely heavy, but I've gotten used to them. Isolation is good enough that I can listen in bed (at low volume admittedly) while my wife goes to bed which is saying something! The soundstage isn't quite what the t5ps have (which is just insane) but it's quite good. Overall, I'm really really happy with this setup. Been searching for a while, and this is the first time I can remember being more excited to use my gear than upgrade it!
Anyway, hope these notes are useful. At some point, I hope to do a deeper review - but if you have questions let me know!
I am agree with you
My two Best close headphones are :
Fostex TH 900 and LCD XC
Yes, totally agree...and the ATH3000Anv and T5ps are great, but just miss the pantheon of the gods.
I tried for a year to love the T5ps. The are super comfortable, really easy to drive, and the sound quality and stage are both fantastic. Unfortunately, the sounds was really 'thin' to my ears, and the highs were just too much. The Ts and Ss on vocals were almost painful. I got the Conductor specifically to try and darken them - it helped, but not enough. Eventually I just gave up (about to sell them.)
Didn't consider the TH900 mostly it looked like they didn't do a good job isolating. Love to try them some day though.
Edited by dbalvo - 3/29/14 at 8:22pm
Great for transportable, but not portable. I love that I can just unplug the LCD XC from my desktop rig, plug it directly into my DX100 and listen to music while enjoying a coffee on the patio. Very nice.
Thanks Rudi, I've been saving up for these for almost 8 months ever since I wanted to plonk down serious cash for LCD2s and heard that a closed-back design was coming out.
Its joy so far.
I'm glad you're happy with your new XCs, jayboy. I'm falling more and more in love with mine. I just ordered a cable from Double Helix Cables where I will have a copper/SPC hybrid terminated with a custom made 2.5mm TRRS plug so I can run my XCs out of the balanced output of my AK240. It's going to be a long 6 weeks before I get them ...
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics) 37 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Balanced tube amp + dac 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)