Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudez'e LCD-XCtagged by joe, 3/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for recommendations for a DAC/Amp to drive my LCD-XC at work Last post on 4/10/15 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/15/15 at 3:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:31pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 6/7/15 at 5:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
AUDEZE LCD XC - Page 77
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
source : AK 240 use LINE OUT
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet use Low Gain
Headphone : Beyerdynamic T5p stock cable
LCD XC SAA. endorphin balance 4 pin > balance 4 pin to mini plug
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Cabel Dreamline DIY
Music file : WAV ,AIFF , FLAC hi rest 24 bit / 196 KHz and DSD
My impression :
High : very detail and very clear and very good clarity
Mid : very clear and sweet and natural mid that I can hear every clear how the Sanger breath
Very good pronounced and rendering
Bass : very good impact and fast bass reproduction and very clean and detail
Separation : very good separation that for close I can detect very clear the musician placement
Soundstage : wide and very good depth , that I feel not like close headphone
Background : very black background
Hissing : No hiss
Duet is new amp , the SQ is one level above my old school Headroom portable micro amp and pico dac amp
With duet pair with AK 240 has very good synergy , very good rendering , at low Gain I have power full
Amp to drive T5p and LCD XC .
The best synergy pair with LCD XC , with T5p the bass is not so tight
Duet is my favorite amp for all rounder music genre
That's why I have two sets Duet one in Silver and one in Copper
Before I go ins bed , I heard DSD file from OPUS 2 : teach me tonight and Here's that rainy day , wow my hair stand up now , how beautiful DSD sound quality with this set up on my LCD XC , like your musician blow saxophone near you , man o man I love it , I can sleep well tonight hahaha
I've had my pair of LCD-XCs for about 2 months now, and I'm really enjoying them. I'd been on a quest for the perfect closed setup for a while (trying T5ps, ED8s), and think I've finally found it! Been meaning to do a more detailed write-up review, but I thought I'd share some quick notes. My setup is:
Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet for playback (JRiver Media Center / Foobar2000)
NAD M51 DAC
Questyle CMA800R Amp
I don't have any particularly fancy cables. I'm using USB in, and balanced from dac to amp. So far, I am really loving the sound. I was previously using the XCs with a Burson Conductor which has plenty of power (4wpc) but wasn't giving me the sound stage and instrument separation. With this setup, sounds amazing! The highs are definitely there, but I haven't had any problems with brightness (whereas the T5p would kill me with this.) The sound is intimate and clear. I've been enjoying all types of music, but anything with guitar or prominent vocals really sings. I can also throw on some Metallica and the cans can really rock. Bass has not been a problem. They are absolutely heavy, but I've gotten used to them. Isolation is good enough that I can listen in bed (at low volume admittedly) while my wife goes to bed which is saying something! The soundstage isn't quite what the t5ps have (which is just insane) but it's quite good. Overall, I'm really really happy with this setup. Been searching for a while, and this is the first time I can remember being more excited to use my gear than upgrade it!
Anyway, hope these notes are useful. At some point, I hope to do a deeper review - but if you have questions let me know!
I am agree with you
My two Best close headphones are :
Fostex TH 900 and LCD XC
Yes, totally agree...and the ATH3000Anv and T5ps are great, but just miss the pantheon of the gods.
I tried for a year to love the T5ps. The are super comfortable, really easy to drive, and the sound quality and stage are both fantastic. Unfortunately, the sounds was really 'thin' to my ears, and the highs were just too much. The Ts and Ss on vocals were almost painful. I got the Conductor specifically to try and darken them - it helped, but not enough. Eventually I just gave up (about to sell them.)
Didn't consider the TH900 mostly it looked like they didn't do a good job isolating. Love to try them some day though.
Edited by dbalvo - 3/29/14 at 8:22pm
Great for transportable, but not portable. I love that I can just unplug the LCD XC from my desktop rig, plug it directly into my DX100 and listen to music while enjoying a coffee on the patio. Very nice.
Thanks Rudi, I've been saving up for these for almost 8 months ever since I wanted to plonk down serious cash for LCD2s and heard that a closed-back design was coming out.
Its joy so far.
I'm glad you're happy with your new XCs, jayboy. I'm falling more and more in love with mine. I just ordered a cable from Double Helix Cables where I will have a copper/SPC hybrid terminated with a custom made 2.5mm TRRS plug so I can run my XCs out of the balanced output of my AK240. It's going to be a long 6 weeks before I get them ...
- AUDEZE LCD XC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 36 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › She is M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott... 5 minutes ago
- › Ampsandsound Kenzie/Mogwai Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse