Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Advice Please: ATH-W1000X ($399) vs. HE-400 ($399)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advice Please: ATH-W1000X ($399) vs. HE-400 ($399) - Page 3

post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

A little late w1000x has been purchased already :3 thanks though

Lol. My bad. enjoy your new phone. 

post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk10256 View Post
 

Lol. My bad. enjoy your new phone. 

Xd no no no, not for me for the OP of this thread lol

 

I own the HE 400 and W1000x... I felt detail wise both are on par 

post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Xd no no no, not for me for the OP of this thread lol

 

I own the HE 400 and W1000x... I felt detail wise both are on par 

That's good to hear. I was beginning to have a bit of buyers remorse myself. The wait is killing me tho.

Closed cans ftw, especially when you have a pre-med roommate >.>

post #34 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post
 

That's good to hear. I was beginning to have a bit of buyers remorse myself. The wait is killing me tho.

Closed cans ftw, especially when you have a pre-med roommate >.>

Oh yea... my w1000x is modded... with L3000 Pads >.> so that said I have no memory of how Stock sounds compared to the HE 400 

post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post
 

That's good to hear. I was beginning to have a bit of buyers remorse myself. The wait is killing me tho.

Closed cans ftw, especially when you have a pre-med roommate >.>

Oh yea... my w1000x is modded... with L3000 Pads >.> so that said I have no memory of how Stock sounds compared to the HE 400 

post #36 of 43

OP like his w1000x?

post #37 of 43

I have had both now for a few days and as I compare them they are so different it is hard to decide which one would be the daily driver (pun intended). The ATHs are the best in your head sound you can get at that price range. The 400s open everything up and have a slight increase in the low treble to my ears. Bouncing back and forth between to two I am still unsure if the 400s sound too spacially separated or the ATHs are too congested. But listening to each in-depth they both have there strong points.

What does the OP think of his ATHs?

post #38 of 43

is there anything about the w1000x that is more intimate with vocals tonality wise?

read they were "romantic" by a known headfier Purin

post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos View Post

is there anything about the w1000x that is more intimate with vocals tonality wise?
read they were "romantic" by a known headfier Purin

I think that is a fair assessment. The vocals are quite present and forward. Too much for my taste on some recordings. Johnny Cash's American recording (volume 3 particularly as of my last listening session) felt forced forward over the guitar. And the W1000X LOVES guitar. But subdued vocal tracks are really brought to the fore. And that's not to say intentionally hushed tracks are too loud but that they can really breathe and are fleshed out.
post #40 of 43

thanks.  these sound like they might be a good can for my arsenal. I always turn my volume up according to vocals so my ears can't take high peaks of high frequencies.  

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baamx2 View Post


I think that is a fair assessment. The vocals are quite present and forward. Too much for my taste on some recordings. Johnny Cash's American recording (volume 3 particularly as of my last listening session) felt forced forward over the guitar. And the W1000X LOVES guitar. But subdued vocal tracks are really brought to the fore. And that's not to say intentionally hushed tracks are too loud but that they can really breathe and are fleshed out.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos View Post
 

thanks.  these sound like they might be a good can for my arsenal. I always turn my volume up according to vocals so my ears can't take high peaks of high frequencies.  

Indeed, and if you find the vocals sound forced like Baamx2 did, then the Purrin Mods and L3000 pads would do wonders for you!

 

I have a feelin with Johnny Cash, teh mid Bass hump of the w1000x is also making his force a little to over bearing. 

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

 

Indeed, and if you find the vocals sound forced like Baamx2 did, then the Purrin Mods and L3000 pads would do wonders for you!

 

I have a feelin with Johnny Cash, teh mid Bass hump of the w1000x is also making his force a little to over bearing. 


I have been really tempted by those pads. Would you be so kind as to elaborate the differences you noticed between them and stock?

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baamx2 View Post
 


I have been really tempted by those pads. Would you be so kind as to elaborate the differences you noticed between them and stock?

They are more comfortable, less prone to EWW I GOT THIS SWEATY EAR syndrom, sound wise... it irons out that bass Hump and brings a touch more subBass. Sonically it works nice withthe Purrin Mod to balance out the sound more, 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Advice Please: ATH-W1000X ($399) vs. HE-400 ($399)