well, i bought the akg k550 headphones and there doesn't seem to be enough bass. i was asking for a non-colored sound and a nice balance between lows mids and highs and not overly bassy. i didn't say i wanted NO bass. i'm in the 300 dollar and under range. now i am considering the beyerdynamic dt 880 headphones. anybody have experience with these cans? they will be eventually used with a schiit asgard 2 amp. i noticed the 250 ohm ones are $300 and the 600 ohm ones are $350. what is the difference between these models and is it worth the extra 50 bucks to get the 600 ohm ones? will these beyerdynamics have more bass than the akg ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on purchase Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone PRO 900 vs AKG K550 vs Shure SRH940 vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm Last post on 11/5/12 at 7:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The DT880s do have more bass then the K550s.
The DT880 600-Ohm are a minor improvement over the DT880 250-Ohm.
The DT990 600-Ohm has more bass/treble.
Suggest you check out used DT880/DT990.
DT990s will have more bass than the 880s, but are known to have somewhat piercing highs that many (including myself) are sensitive to, making them somewhat painful for tracks that emphasizes lots of treble. The DT880 600 ohm have nice bass, but are not overly powerful either (I would rate the bass on them as a 5 out of 10, with HD650's being a 6, and Denon D2000's being around a 7.5-8).
was thinking the dt 880, but now that the akg k545 has come into the picture, i would like to know more about them. would you say the akg k545 have more bass than the dt 880? also it says something about it comes with two cords with inline remotes and microphones. i've heard of inline volume control, but not remotes or microphones. does one of the cords that it comes with just a plain cord? thanks, john
- bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 53 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Considering Beats Studio 2 minutes ago
- › Requesting EXPERTS help on portable amp & cables recommendations... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › IC: 2015 Melbourne Meet 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › IEM equivalent to Monster Turbine Pro Gold? 9 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3