well, i bought the akg k550 headphones and there doesn't seem to be enough bass. i was asking for a non-colored sound and a nice balance between lows mids and highs and not overly bassy. i didn't say i wanted NO bass. i'm in the 300 dollar and under range. now i am considering the beyerdynamic dt 880 headphones. anybody have experience with these cans? they will be eventually used with a schiit asgard 2 amp. i noticed the 250 ohm ones are $300 and the 600 ohm ones are $350. what is the difference between these models and is it worth the extra 50 bucks to get the 600 ohm ones? will these beyerdynamics have more bass than the akg ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on purchase Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone PRO 900 vs AKG K550 vs Shure SRH940 vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm Last post on 11/5/12 at 7:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The DT880s do have more bass then the K550s.
The DT880 600-Ohm are a minor improvement over the DT880 250-Ohm.
The DT990 600-Ohm has more bass/treble.
Suggest you check out used DT880/DT990.
DT990s will have more bass than the 880s, but are known to have somewhat piercing highs that many (including myself) are sensitive to, making them somewhat painful for tracks that emphasizes lots of treble. The DT880 600 ohm have nice bass, but are not overly powerful either (I would rate the bass on them as a 5 out of 10, with HD650's being a 6, and Denon D2000's being around a 7.5-8).
was thinking the dt 880, but now that the akg k545 has come into the picture, i would like to know more about them. would you say the akg k545 have more bass than the dt 880? also it says something about it comes with two cords with inline remotes and microphones. i've heard of inline volume control, but not remotes or microphones. does one of the cords that it comes with just a plain cord? thanks, john
- bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Custom Wood Cup For Denon AH-D2000 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Update On Current Status 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 9 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 10 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)