well, i bought the akg k550 headphones and there doesn't seem to be enough bass. i was asking for a non-colored sound and a nice balance between lows mids and highs and not overly bassy. i didn't say i wanted NO bass. i'm in the 300 dollar and under range. now i am considering the beyerdynamic dt 880 headphones. anybody have experience with these cans? they will be eventually used with a schiit asgard 2 amp. i noticed the 250 ohm ones are $300 and the 600 ohm ones are $350. what is the difference between these models and is it worth the extra 50 bucks to get the 600 ohm ones? will these beyerdynamics have more bass than the akg ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on purchase Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone PRO 900 vs AKG K550 vs Shure SRH940 vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm Last post on 11/5/12 at 7:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
I am penning down my opinion about the QLS QA360 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts...
I purchased these headphones as a portable/casual listening alternative to my AKG K702 set. My parameters were something comfortable, easily transportable, well constructed and durable, while...
bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The DT880s do have more bass then the K550s.
The DT880 600-Ohm are a minor improvement over the DT880 250-Ohm.
The DT990 600-Ohm has more bass/treble.
Suggest you check out used DT880/DT990.
DT990s will have more bass than the 880s, but are known to have somewhat piercing highs that many (including myself) are sensitive to, making them somewhat painful for tracks that emphasizes lots of treble. The DT880 600 ohm have nice bass, but are not overly powerful either (I would rate the bass on them as a 5 out of 10, with HD650's being a 6, and Denon D2000's being around a 7.5-8).
was thinking the dt 880, but now that the akg k545 has come into the picture, i would like to know more about them. would you say the akg k545 have more bass than the dt 880? also it says something about it comes with two cords with inline remotes and microphones. i've heard of inline volume control, but not remotes or microphones. does one of the cords that it comes with just a plain cord? thanks, john
- bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 24 seconds ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] InEar SD-2, a $450 dual driver IEM worth every penny to my... 5 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones, Black by Nocturnal310
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)