well, i bought the akg k550 headphones and there doesn't seem to be enough bass. i was asking for a non-colored sound and a nice balance between lows mids and highs and not overly bassy. i didn't say i wanted NO bass. i'm in the 300 dollar and under range. now i am considering the beyerdynamic dt 880 headphones. anybody have experience with these cans? they will be eventually used with a schiit asgard 2 amp. i noticed the 250 ohm ones are $300 and the 600 ohm ones are $350. what is the difference between these models and is it worth the extra 50 bucks to get the 600 ohm ones? will these beyerdynamics have more bass than the akg ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on purchase Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone PRO 900 vs AKG K550 vs Shure SRH940 vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm Last post on 11/5/12 at 7:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The DT880s do have more bass then the K550s.
The DT880 600-Ohm are a minor improvement over the DT880 250-Ohm.
The DT990 600-Ohm has more bass/treble.
Suggest you check out used DT880/DT990.
DT990s will have more bass than the 880s, but are known to have somewhat piercing highs that many (including myself) are sensitive to, making them somewhat painful for tracks that emphasizes lots of treble. The DT880 600 ohm have nice bass, but are not overly powerful either (I would rate the bass on them as a 5 out of 10, with HD650's being a 6, and Denon D2000's being around a 7.5-8).
was thinking the dt 880, but now that the akg k545 has come into the picture, i would like to know more about them. would you say the akg k545 have more bass than the dt 880? also it says something about it comes with two cords with inline remotes and microphones. i've heard of inline volume control, but not remotes or microphones. does one of the cords that it comes with just a plain cord? thanks, john
- bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 20 seconds ago
- › Another take on computer speakers (2.0, 4" - 5", 160 USD) 40 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › best warm fun headphones sub £400 3 minutes ago
- › Help me chose closed over the ear headphones in between 100-200$ 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2