well, i bought the akg k550 headphones and there doesn't seem to be enough bass. i was asking for a non-colored sound and a nice balance between lows mids and highs and not overly bassy. i didn't say i wanted NO bass. i'm in the 300 dollar and under range. now i am considering the beyerdynamic dt 880 headphones. anybody have experience with these cans? they will be eventually used with a schiit asgard 2 amp. i noticed the 250 ohm ones are $300 and the 600 ohm ones are $350. what is the difference between these models and is it worth the extra 50 bucks to get the 600 ohm ones? will these beyerdynamics have more bass than the akg ones?
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on purchase Last post on 9/17/13 at 4:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones (Budget ~$350) Last post on 1/11/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone PRO 900 vs AKG K550 vs Shure SRH940 vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm Last post on 11/5/12 at 7:58am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The DT880s do have more bass then the K550s.
The DT880 600-Ohm are a minor improvement over the DT880 250-Ohm.
The DT990 600-Ohm has more bass/treble.
Suggest you check out used DT880/DT990.
DT990s will have more bass than the 880s, but are known to have somewhat piercing highs that many (including myself) are sensitive to, making them somewhat painful for tracks that emphasizes lots of treble. The DT880 600 ohm have nice bass, but are not overly powerful either (I would rate the bass on them as a 5 out of 10, with HD650's being a 6, and Denon D2000's being around a 7.5-8).
was thinking the dt 880, but now that the akg k545 has come into the picture, i would like to know more about them. would you say the akg k545 have more bass than the dt 880? also it says something about it comes with two cords with inline remotes and microphones. i've heard of inline volume control, but not remotes or microphones. does one of the cords that it comes with just a plain cord? thanks, john
- bought akg k550, not enough bass, considering beyerdynamic dt 880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 29 seconds ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of all the best Bluetooth Headphones (Fidelio,... 2 minutes ago
- › Headband and Grado Cups 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs Beyerdynamic T1 vs Grado GS1000 3 minutes ago
- › Nad D Range 3 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3