So six months ago I invested in the V-moda m100s in an attempt to get into the world of higher end audio. I have to say, I'm very happy with the purchase, but I want to get a bit more out of my headphones. I'm looking for an amp that I can use with my laptop to hopefully fix up the mids and generally improve the sound I get out of my m100s. Any suggestions at all are appreciated. Oh, and I'd prefer something under 300 dollars, but something a little bit above that is acceptable too.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by Tsubop, 11/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Sounding and comfortable bluetooth headphones. Last post on 12/18/14 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda m-100 Shadow vs White Last post on 11/23/14 at 9:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NAD Viso HP50 versus V-MODA M100. Last post on 11/20/14 at 5:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can someone please bless me with the news of a possible upcoming Black Friday deal for a very... Last post on 11/18/14 at 1:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda M100 or Beats Solo 2 Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
~300$ Amp recommendation for V-Moda M100s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I'll definitely look into these.
Both? I don't quite know a lot about amps and dacs. All I'm really looking for is some way to modify the sound I get out of my m100s outside of getting new headphones.
If you use iDevices, then for $300 you can get a Sony PHA-1. However, as mentioned before the new C5D at $250 is also great. And to just make things more complated, Apple recently removed the need of a license for iPod/iPhone DAC/AMP, so if you have a latest generation of device, then you can just use pretty much any USB enabled DAC/AMP (go read the C5D thread for this.) Of course you can also get some very nice amp only device for $300. For instance, you should check out the HeadStage Arrow 3G ($200), 4T ($300), and 4N ($350), or the Pico series from HeadAmp ($350-400). Remember I am talking about new prices here, so if you search around, I am sure there will be someone selling them for less used.
p.s. my personal reference for the M-100, or pretty much any other headphones, is the AudioQuest DragonFly ($250). However, it is pretty much just a USB DAC and not much of an amp, so it is pretty much only restructed for desktop and laptop use.
p.p.s. almost forgot the insanly configable XM4 ($135), 5 ($245), and 6 ($395) from Pratical Devices... Crap I just impulse buy a XM6...
Edited by DrSheep - 11/18/13 at 10:52am
- ~300$ Amp recommendation for V-Moda M100s
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 14 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › <100$ In-Ear list / I need an recommendation 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kaede Type II 10 minutes ago
- › Best cones / spikes for tube amp? 11 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 16 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 16 minutes ago
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)