So six months ago I invested in the V-moda m100s in an attempt to get into the world of higher end audio. I have to say, I'm very happy with the purchase, but I want to get a bit more out of my headphones. I'm looking for an amp that I can use with my laptop to hopefully fix up the mids and generally improve the sound I get out of my m100s. Any suggestions at all are appreciated. Oh, and I'd prefer something under 300 dollars, but something a little bit above that is acceptable too.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by Tsubop, 11/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- v-moda m100 vs fidelio x2 Last post on 7/8/16 at 2:58pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda Crossfade Wireless versus V-Moda M-100 - sound quality difference? Last post on 8/8/16 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the beats studio 2.0? Last post on 3/6/16 at 7:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
~300$ Amp recommendation for V-Moda M100s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I'll definitely look into these.
Both? I don't quite know a lot about amps and dacs. All I'm really looking for is some way to modify the sound I get out of my m100s outside of getting new headphones.
If you use iDevices, then for $300 you can get a Sony PHA-1. However, as mentioned before the new C5D at $250 is also great. And to just make things more complated, Apple recently removed the need of a license for iPod/iPhone DAC/AMP, so if you have a latest generation of device, then you can just use pretty much any USB enabled DAC/AMP (go read the C5D thread for this.) Of course you can also get some very nice amp only device for $300. For instance, you should check out the HeadStage Arrow 3G ($200), 4T ($300), and 4N ($350), or the Pico series from HeadAmp ($350-400). Remember I am talking about new prices here, so if you search around, I am sure there will be someone selling them for less used.
p.s. my personal reference for the M-100, or pretty much any other headphones, is the AudioQuest DragonFly ($250). However, it is pretty much just a USB DAC and not much of an amp, so it is pretty much only restructed for desktop and laptop use.
p.p.s. almost forgot the insanly configable XM4 ($135), 5 ($245), and 6 ($395) from Pratical Devices... Crap I just impulse buy a XM6...
Edited by DrSheep - 11/18/13 at 10:52am
- ~300$ Amp recommendation for V-Moda M100s
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 32 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-5 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Desperately looking for DAP with dual microSD and that can be used... 5 minutes ago
- › Seahorse Carry Case 6 minutes ago
- › Denver summer meet, 2016 - August 27 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...