So six months ago I invested in the V-moda m100s in an attempt to get into the world of higher end audio. I have to say, I'm very happy with the purchase, but I want to get a bit more out of my headphones. I'm looking for an amp that I can use with my laptop to hopefully fix up the mids and generally improve the sound I get out of my m100s. Any suggestions at all are appreciated. Oh, and I'd prefer something under 300 dollars, but something a little bit above that is acceptable too.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by Tsubop, 11/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- v-moda m100 vs fidelio x2 Last post on 7/8/16 at 2:58pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda Crossfade Wireless versus V-Moda M-100 - sound quality difference? Last post on 5/11/16 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the beats studio 2.0? Last post on 3/6/16 at 7:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
~300$ Amp recommendation for V-Moda M100s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I'll definitely look into these.
Both? I don't quite know a lot about amps and dacs. All I'm really looking for is some way to modify the sound I get out of my m100s outside of getting new headphones.
If you use iDevices, then for $300 you can get a Sony PHA-1. However, as mentioned before the new C5D at $250 is also great. And to just make things more complated, Apple recently removed the need of a license for iPod/iPhone DAC/AMP, so if you have a latest generation of device, then you can just use pretty much any USB enabled DAC/AMP (go read the C5D thread for this.) Of course you can also get some very nice amp only device for $300. For instance, you should check out the HeadStage Arrow 3G ($200), 4T ($300), and 4N ($350), or the Pico series from HeadAmp ($350-400). Remember I am talking about new prices here, so if you search around, I am sure there will be someone selling them for less used.
p.s. my personal reference for the M-100, or pretty much any other headphones, is the AudioQuest DragonFly ($250). However, it is pretty much just a USB DAC and not much of an amp, so it is pretty much only restructed for desktop and laptop use.
p.p.s. almost forgot the insanly configable XM4 ($135), 5 ($245), and 6 ($395) from Pratical Devices... Crap I just impulse buy a XM6...
Edited by DrSheep - 11/18/13 at 10:52am
- ~300$ Amp recommendation for V-Moda M100s
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 16 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Now Available!] Get 25% Off Melissa Menago's Little Crimes (Chesky... 3 minutes ago
- › Atlanta Fall Meet 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...