So six months ago I invested in the V-moda m100s in an attempt to get into the world of higher end audio. I have to say, I'm very happy with the purchase, but I want to get a bit more out of my headphones. I'm looking for an amp that I can use with my laptop to hopefully fix up the mids and generally improve the sound I get out of my m100s. Any suggestions at all are appreciated. Oh, and I'd prefer something under 300 dollars, but something a little bit above that is acceptable too.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by Tsubop, 11/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- v-moda m100 vs fidelio x2 Last post on 7/8/16 at 2:58pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda Crossfade Wireless versus V-Moda M-100 - sound quality difference? Last post on 8/8/16 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I get the beats studio 2.0? Last post on 3/6/16 at 7:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda M100 or Audio Technica ATH-M40X? Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Disappointed by bass in Sony MDR-1R's Last post on 5/28/15 at 12:07pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
~300$ Amp recommendation for V-Moda M100s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks! I'll definitely look into these.
Both? I don't quite know a lot about amps and dacs. All I'm really looking for is some way to modify the sound I get out of my m100s outside of getting new headphones.
If you use iDevices, then for $300 you can get a Sony PHA-1. However, as mentioned before the new C5D at $250 is also great. And to just make things more complated, Apple recently removed the need of a license for iPod/iPhone DAC/AMP, so if you have a latest generation of device, then you can just use pretty much any USB enabled DAC/AMP (go read the C5D thread for this.) Of course you can also get some very nice amp only device for $300. For instance, you should check out the HeadStage Arrow 3G ($200), 4T ($300), and 4N ($350), or the Pico series from HeadAmp ($350-400). Remember I am talking about new prices here, so if you search around, I am sure there will be someone selling them for less used.
p.s. my personal reference for the M-100, or pretty much any other headphones, is the AudioQuest DragonFly ($250). However, it is pretty much just a USB DAC and not much of an amp, so it is pretty much only restructed for desktop and laptop use.
p.p.s. almost forgot the insanly configable XM4 ($135), 5 ($245), and 6 ($395) from Pratical Devices... Crap I just impulse buy a XM6...
Edited by DrSheep - 11/18/13 at 10:52am
- ~300$ Amp recommendation for V-Moda M100s
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 13 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 16 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 34 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...