Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Replacement for Denon AH-D2000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Replacement for Denon AH-D2000

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Well...New to this forum but have been reading on it for a while

 

Im looking at some new bass heavy Phones for gaming and the Denon's really caught my eye, but I guess they got discontinued.

 

Is there any other phones out there that are similar?

 

Thanks in advance

post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by idunno1987 View Post
 

Well...New to this forum but have been reading on it for a while

 

Im looking at some new bass heavy Phones for gaming and the Denon's really caught my eye, but I guess they got discontinued.

 

Is there any other phones out there that are similar?

 

Thanks in advance

I replaced my D2000 with a Fostex TH600 since Fostex built the D2000 anyway. Improves upon D2000 bass with 1T performance, maybe slightly less mid bass and more sub bass. Upper midrange is also voiced a little higher, overall less U shape frequency response.  Never gamed with it though only music. And it's like, 800 dollars so there's a difference in price.

post #3 of 12

The Denon D600, V-Moda m100, and the Fidelio X1 are also great options if you cannot afford the Fostex

post #4 of 12
Denon D600 definitely, perfect for electronic music under US$500 biggrin.gif.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massacare View Post

Denon D600 definitely, perfect for electronic music under US$500 biggrin.gif.

 

Yeah, I love mine, but i would not pay full retail price for them. If you find them for around $250 - 280 (or even less) you should pull the trigger and buy them

post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard177 View Post

Yeah, I love mine, but i would not pay full retail price for them. If you find them for around $250 - 280 (or even less) you should pull the trigger and buy them

Ah yes, there's the Fidelio X1. Pretty much a good fullsize open back headphone from philips. The price is quite high though, but from what I've seen in these few months, there's a lot of discount on amazon for philips' product biggrin.gif. If you happen to find the cheap one, go for it biggrin.gif.
post #7 of 12

It's $299 on amazon, but not sure if OP is ok with open headphones. The D600 can be found for less money on ebay and sure the bass is great :) the M-100 is another good alternative

post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 

how would you compare the d600 to the 2000's>?

post #9 of 12
@^
More bass, more vshaped biggrin.gif
post #10 of 12

Denon D7100, you can find really good deal of it on ebay now.

post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 

Shipped to Canada? Can you PM me link?

 

Thanks

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 

Any other help...?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Replacement for Denon AH-D2000