Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › THE BEST IEM'S FOR HEAVY METAL/HEAVY MUSIC??? LET'S DISCUSS...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE BEST IEM'S FOR HEAVY METAL/HEAVY MUSIC??? LET'S DISCUSS... - Page 2

post #16 of 32
Thread Starter 

After further review, I'm not going to keep my IE800's. Though they are very smooth, there's a slight bit of grain in the mids that I perceived, and the sub bass is too poor for me to keep. They tend to slightly distort at lower bass frequencies (my UE 700's already do that!), and since I have the JVC HA-FXT90's and though they don't have the detail retrieval of the IE800's, it's only a slight edge for the 800's, and the JVC's handle any type of bass thrown at it. So I'll be selling my IE800's and moving on. 


Edited by IEMagnet01 - 11/18/13 at 7:39pm
post #17 of 32

For Metal.... Westone 4 is the way to go :) 

post #18 of 32
Thread Starter 

I would love to afford to own a quad driver IEM. Westone 4. UE 900. I've had the 3 driver UE TF 10 and UE 7 pro. 

post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

 

I would love to afford to own a quad driver IEM. Westone 4. UE 900. I've had the 3 driver UE TF 10 and UE 7 pro. 





in that case why not e Vsonic Gr07 or e Hifiman RE400?? 

post #20 of 32
I'm a big fan of the Heir 5.0's for metal and rock. Great low end with a nice weight to it. Very punchy. Mids are great and highs are 'there' but not shrill which I prefer.
post #21 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadge View Post

I'm a big fan of the Heir 5.0's for metal and rock. Great low end with a nice weight to it. Very punchy. Mids are great and highs are 'there' but not shrill which I prefer.

How much are those going for? Has the price gone down any on those?

post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaw View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

 

I would love to afford to own a quad driver IEM. Westone 4. UE 900. I've had the 3 driver UE TF 10 and UE 7 pro. 

 

in that case why not e Vsonic Gr07 or e Hifiman RE400?? 

I owned the GR07. The fit was terrible for me. Had to sell those, and I'm not a fan of the RE-ZERO at all. I recently sold mine to a fellow head-fi'er. Not ready to spend $100 on the RE 400, and get a sound close to the anemic RE-ZERO.

post #23 of 32
Thread Starter 

I'm looking at replacing my TDK IE800's with something in the $150-200 range. Maybe up that after the holidays?

post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

How much are those going for? Has the price gone down any on those?

if u cant afford a Westone 4... how can u afford a 5.0? hehe

post #25 of 32
Thread Starter 

Still got the JVC FXT90 in the lead for metal, but I think the Vsonics can close the gap when they are finished burning in, and the EP1's are so smooth and detailed, but they might lack the necessary bass, same with my UE 700's. 

 

i'm thinking about the JVC FXZ200's and Philips S2's as my next big purchase, as well as the Mee M-Duo?? This would put a cap on what I own, so I want to make sure these last ones (aside from the PNY Midtowns I have my eye on, but those are $13.00) are the proper icing on the collection cake?

post #26 of 32

The M-Duo would be a good choice (unless you need pronounced mids), and they're reduced on Amazon at the moment. The S2 would be a step up from those, but also in price.

post #27 of 32

So far these are as smooth as a baby's bottom, with goobs of detail and just the right amount of bass. I'll review further as time passes. 

IvOKvh

post #28 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellbaisui View Post
 

So far these are as smooth as a baby's bottom, with goobs of detail and just the right amount of bass. I'll review further as time passes. 

IvOKvh

The bass on the IE800's distort at high volumes. A no no. Similar to my UE 700's, only my 700's are BA's, so they can be excused for that reason. A dual DYNAMIC driver should NEVER  distort at high volumes. That issue was something mentioned by several folks at head-fi and by two reviewers at amazon, so it's something NOT resigned just to me. 

post #29 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

The M-Duo would be a good choice (unless you need pronounced mids), and they're reduced on Amazon at the moment. The S2 would be a step up from those, but also in price.

i'm fine with the mids not being pronounced, so this might be a very good purchase for me then? I'm really close to jumping on that. 

post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 

The Mee's dropped to $40.00 on amazon, and are now out of stock. 


Edited by IEMagnet01 - 12/2/13 at 3:10am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › THE BEST IEM'S FOR HEAVY METAL/HEAVY MUSIC??? LET'S DISCUSS...