or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread - Page 17

post #241 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepku View Post
 

 

...wait...what are those?

post #242 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post
 

 

...wait...what are those?

Those are px100 II drivers with removed front plastic ring and they are build in rosewood ring :)

post #243 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepku View Post
 

Those are px100 II drivers with removed front plastic ring and they are build in rosewood ring :)


Nicely done...aside from the aesthetic improvement, anything audibly changed?

post #244 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepku View Post
 

Those are px100 II drivers with removed front plastic ring and they are build in rosewood ring :)

 

I was thinking of doing that myself. I thought if I sealed around the driver and sealed the hole for the driver it might increase the bass in a closed cup.  What kind of cup are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post
 


Nicely done...aside from the aesthetic improvement, anything audibly changed?

Good question!

post #245 of 582

With some Danish oil.

I hope I get my Koss drivers this week, I'll be ready except cables.

 

I know some of you have some Grado cable sitting around , give them a nice home.:smile:

 

 

 

 


Edited by 7keys - 6/9/14 at 9:52am
post #246 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7keys View Post
 

With some Danish oil.

I hope I get my Koss drivers this week, I'll be ready except cables.

 

I know some of you have some Grado cable sitting around , give them a nice home.:smile:

 

 

 

I REALLY like the bottom pair with the black shading...nicely done. Sadly I am cable-less right now. My spares are in my "More Comfortable Grado" build, which should see a headband pad this week and the custom build I made for Jim...

 

On a few of my StratoKOSSter builds I used the stock KSC cable though...I think I have a few of those laying about. Let me know if you would like to use one of those...

post #247 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7keys View Post

With some Danish oil.
I hope I get my Koss drivers this week, I'll be ready except cables.

I know some of you have some Grado cable sitting around , give them a nice home.smile.gif






I'll send a cable when the closed SGs go back
post #248 of 582

Thanks Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post
 

 

I REALLY like the bottom pair with the black shading...nicely done. Sadly I am cable-less right now. My spares are in my "More Comfortable Grado" build, which should see a headband pad this week and the custom build I made for Jim...

 

On a few of my StratoKOSSter builds I used the stock KSC cable though...I think I have a few of those laying about. Let me know if you would like to use one of those...

I't's Macassar ebony so nature did the shading for me. :smile: I am going to put a couple f coats of Varathaneontop.

 

Thanks for the offer of the KSC cable.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


I'll send a cable when the closed SGs go back

 Thanks Joe.

post #249 of 582

Ok so I'm stuck in a dilemma, I liberated my Senn PX100-II drivers yesterday. However the plastic housing the protects the front of the drivers is just slightly too big for my Indonesian spralted tamarind cups. I'm trying to figure out which I should do some adjustments to, the cups or the plastic housing. I got in a cable I ordered, so once i get the drivers fitted into the cups, I should be able to solder the cable to the drivers and have my first set of SennGrado's up and running by this weekend, if all goes well. 

post #250 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFaust View Post

Ok so I'm stuck in a dilemma, I liberated my Senn PX100-II drivers yesterday. However the plastic housing the protects the front of the drivers is just slightly too big for my Indonesian spralted tamarind cups. I'm trying to figure out which I should do some adjustments to, the cups or the plastic housing. I got in a cable I ordered, so once i get the drivers fitted into the cups, I should be able to solder the cable to the drivers and have my first set of SennGrado's up and running by this weekend, if all goes well. 

How "too big" are they? I would sand the cup before I messed with the drivers...
post #251 of 582
Probably 1/16th to 1/32nd of an inch. I figured going the cup rout would be the best plan.
post #252 of 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFaust View Post

Probably 1/16th to 1/32nd of an inch. I figured going the cup rout would be the best plan.

Yes, a piece of fine sandpaper and a little patience is what it will take smily_headphones1.gif
post #253 of 582
+1
post #254 of 582
It's ALIVE!


Edited by MrFaust - 6/11/14 at 11:30am
post #255 of 582
And?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread