Slowly, I've been working towards the completion of a few more pair of the hybrids. The cup pictures for my other pair of Padauk cups with the tighter mesh was shared a few nights back. That pair has advanced further along and the cable is set and the ear cups are ready to accept the drivers as soon as the connections have been soldered. Soon!
Plus, I had another pair of the Padauk cups where I was really working to get a somewhat darker finish on the wood and take away some of the orange tint. The first time through, I felt that I might have over done it a slight bit. I then removed half of the stain finish and tried for somewhat consistency. Then, this pair was sprayed with a few coats of satin poly. I've noticed when spraying satin poly, one should take a balled up paper towel and place it inside the cups so that the poly doesn't get applied to the inside walls of the cup. It seems to do an adequate job in this regard. Overall, I was happy where the tone of the finish ended up. Previously, I had been using the brush-on version of the satin poly and I've found it to be somewhat temperamental where there can be times when the finish will appear more like a semi-gloss finish as opposed to the desired satin. The Minwax satin spray for me has been solid, yet consistent in the delivery of the product and when dry they appear just as intended - with a satin finish which is pleasing and not too much bling from too much gloss.
In the picture of these cups below, I applied the newer tighter mesh that I had mentioned some posts back. I've been really happy with the material. It's solid, excellent to work with and has quite a nice look when the job has been finished.