I am not sure what I am looking for other my price is around $50-$80. I don't mind if they are open or closed, but there are two problems. first is I live in southeast asia which get's really hot during the day, so i'm guessing I'm looking for some headphones with velour earpads, but they don't seem to be common. And that I don't have a dedicated sound card(just my motherboad for my gaming computer) so that be problem as well. I would most likely be buying the pads now cause I believe they are the most important. I'm looking at the akg 242 cause they are on sale at amazon but they have something called velvet earpads. It looks like velour ones but I don't much about it and there is not a lot of enough on akg's website. The headhpones would mostly be use for gaming(not multiplayer though cause I don't play it, if that helps anyone.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for around ~ HD 598 Last post on 7/11/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR60i driver Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:50pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-60i and iGrado **READ OP** Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do the Koss Portapros compare to Grado SR60i? Last post on 5/16/14 at 2:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
Looking for headphones as a first time buyer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some Grado SR-60i would do it, open headphones, so closed and hot will not be a problem, they are on ear which will not cover completely and has a unique sound signiature, plus open headphones will have a great soundstage for gaming, allowing things to sound wider and more "3D".
I own the Alessandro MS1i ( more or less same to grado) and wouldn't really recommend them for gaming as they are uncomfortable after 1 or 2 hours usually. Furthermore, I don't think grado are excellent at the soundstage department. Just because they are open doesn't mean they have good soundstage you know..
sorry to bump up the thread but I think I can get a little more money to get a better headphone but my limit would be $150 now. the reason why I don't want the grado's is because I'm not really fond of the retro look. i'm looking for something a little bit more stylish really
thankS and If I could get the hd 558 for $100 on black friday, I'll buy it. But I might go with with the 518 though. Where can I buy them in the US with international warranty and is authorized dealer? Other than sonic electronix.
Edited by NerdsofSteel - 11/24/13 at 12:51am
- Looking for headphones as a first time buyer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The 3D Printer Thread! :D 5 minutes ago
- › iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : ) 5 minutes ago
- › First ever 8-driver / side silicone CIEMs: the Harmony 8 and 8Pro... 7 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 8 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 11 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 12 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)