I am not sure what I am looking for other my price is around $50-$80. I don't mind if they are open or closed, but there are two problems. first is I live in southeast asia which get's really hot during the day, so i'm guessing I'm looking for some headphones with velour earpads, but they don't seem to be common. And that I don't have a dedicated sound card(just my motherboad for my gaming computer) so that be problem as well. I would most likely be buying the pads now cause I believe they are the most important. I'm looking at the akg 242 cause they are on sale at amazon but they have something called velvet earpads. It looks like velour ones but I don't much about it and there is not a lot of enough on akg's website. The headhpones would mostly be use for gaming(not multiplayer though cause I don't play it, if that helps anyone.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for around ~ HD 598 Last post on 7/11/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR60i driver Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:50pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-60i and iGrado **READ OP** Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do the Koss Portapros compare to Grado SR60i? Last post on 5/16/14 at 2:12am in Headphones (full-size)
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Looking for headphones as a first time buyer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some Grado SR-60i would do it, open headphones, so closed and hot will not be a problem, they are on ear which will not cover completely and has a unique sound signiature, plus open headphones will have a great soundstage for gaming, allowing things to sound wider and more "3D".
I own the Alessandro MS1i ( more or less same to grado) and wouldn't really recommend them for gaming as they are uncomfortable after 1 or 2 hours usually. Furthermore, I don't think grado are excellent at the soundstage department. Just because they are open doesn't mean they have good soundstage you know..
sorry to bump up the thread but I think I can get a little more money to get a better headphone but my limit would be $150 now. the reason why I don't want the grado's is because I'm not really fond of the retro look. i'm looking for something a little bit more stylish really
thankS and If I could get the hd 558 for $100 on black friday, I'll buy it. But I might go with with the 518 though. Where can I buy them in the US with international warranty and is authorized dealer? Other than sonic electronix.
Edited by NerdsofSteel - 11/24/13 at 12:51am
- Looking for headphones as a first time buyer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 23 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 1 minute ago
- › Not Happy with my current setup. Details inside. Need help picking... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 3 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR v700dj mod. lol. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)