I am not sure what I am looking for other my price is around $50-$80. I don't mind if they are open or closed, but there are two problems. first is I live in southeast asia which get's really hot during the day, so i'm guessing I'm looking for some headphones with velour earpads, but they don't seem to be common. And that I don't have a dedicated sound card(just my motherboad for my gaming computer) so that be problem as well. I would most likely be buying the pads now cause I believe they are the most important. I'm looking at the akg 242 cause they are on sale at amazon but they have something called velvet earpads. It looks like velour ones but I don't much about it and there is not a lot of enough on akg's website. The headhpones would mostly be use for gaming(not multiplayer though cause I don't play it, if that helps anyone.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for around ~ HD 598 Last post on 7/11/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a pair of headphones to give attention to when i go to listen for shopping Last post on 9/10/14 at 5:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR60i driver Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:50pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-60i and iGrado **READ OP** Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Looking for headphones as a first time buyer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some Grado SR-60i would do it, open headphones, so closed and hot will not be a problem, they are on ear which will not cover completely and has a unique sound signiature, plus open headphones will have a great soundstage for gaming, allowing things to sound wider and more "3D".
I own the Alessandro MS1i ( more or less same to grado) and wouldn't really recommend them for gaming as they are uncomfortable after 1 or 2 hours usually. Furthermore, I don't think grado are excellent at the soundstage department. Just because they are open doesn't mean they have good soundstage you know..
sorry to bump up the thread but I think I can get a little more money to get a better headphone but my limit would be $150 now. the reason why I don't want the grado's is because I'm not really fond of the retro look. i'm looking for something a little bit more stylish really
thankS and If I could get the hd 558 for $100 on black friday, I'll buy it. But I might go with with the 518 though. Where can I buy them in the US with international warranty and is authorized dealer? Other than sonic electronix.
Edited by NerdsofSteel - 11/24/13 at 12:51am
- Looking for headphones as a first time buyer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 50 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 52 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 56 seconds ago
- › Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Amarra - anyone using it? 4 minutes ago
- › Best Noise Canceling Headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › First Impressions: ALO Audio the "National" Portable Headphone Amp... 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)