I am not sure what I am looking for other my price is around $50-$80. I don't mind if they are open or closed, but there are two problems. first is I live in southeast asia which get's really hot during the day, so i'm guessing I'm looking for some headphones with velour earpads, but they don't seem to be common. And that I don't have a dedicated sound card(just my motherboad for my gaming computer) so that be problem as well. I would most likely be buying the pads now cause I believe they are the most important. I'm looking at the akg 242 cause they are on sale at amazon but they have something called velvet earpads. It looks like velour ones but I don't much about it and there is not a lot of enough on akg's website. The headhpones would mostly be use for gaming(not multiplayer though cause I don't play it, if that helps anyone.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for around ~ HD 598 Last post on 7/11/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR60i driver Last post on 7/22/14 at 4:50pm in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR-60i and iGrado **READ OP** Last post on 5/21/14 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do the Koss Portapros compare to Grado SR60i? Last post on 5/16/14 at 2:12am in Headphones (full-size)
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Looking for headphones as a first time buyer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Some Grado SR-60i would do it, open headphones, so closed and hot will not be a problem, they are on ear which will not cover completely and has a unique sound signiature, plus open headphones will have a great soundstage for gaming, allowing things to sound wider and more "3D".
I own the Alessandro MS1i ( more or less same to grado) and wouldn't really recommend them for gaming as they are uncomfortable after 1 or 2 hours usually. Furthermore, I don't think grado are excellent at the soundstage department. Just because they are open doesn't mean they have good soundstage you know..
sorry to bump up the thread but I think I can get a little more money to get a better headphone but my limit would be $150 now. the reason why I don't want the grado's is because I'm not really fond of the retro look. i'm looking for something a little bit more stylish really
thankS and If I could get the hd 558 for $100 on black friday, I'll buy it. But I might go with with the 518 though. Where can I buy them in the US with international warranty and is authorized dealer? Other than sonic electronix.
Edited by NerdsofSteel - 11/24/13 at 12:51am
- Looking for headphones as a first time buyer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 38 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Choosing an external sound card for good headphones (HD 600-650, DT... 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Meier Corda Rock 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)