Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... - Page 15

post #211 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc10mike View Post
 

Makes sense now, the reason you cant hear anyone is because as soon as you plug into the controller, it Automatically takes over as the chat device.

 

What this means is that BOTH incoming chat (other players) as well as out-going chat (your voice) will be sent through the controller. Same thing happens when you try to connect a USB mic. This is the sole reason I made this thread. The PS3 could send incoming chat (other players) through optical (so you can hear it in your headphones) while at the same time allowing you to use a USB mic. The PS4 in its current state cant...sad IMO.

Yeah but the Tritton AX Pro use the same connection but the chat works.

post #212 of 338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHarlow View Post
 

Yeah but the Tritton AX Pro use the same connection but the chat works.


If this is true, it means the AX Pro has the ability to handle both in/out chat through USB. Some headsets are setup different internally meaning that some will work and some wont. Even if they have the same connections.

post #213 of 338

Hi Guys

 

New here, first post. 

I was browsing the internet trying to find some answers and came across this forum.

Forgive me if I am being repetitive here, which I am sure I am. I read through the first few pages of this thread but not all 15.

I was hoping I could get some advice/direct answers because all of the different information is confusing and hard to sift through.

 

I am about to buy my first pair of decent headphones for game immersion. I have a nice 5.1 speaker system but I want to add headphones to my set up now. I bought the ps gold headset and quickly realized the sound quality was not going to meet my standards so now I'm on an audio quest for proper headphones.

I am having trouble deciding on pair but I think I am between the m50x and dt770 80. But that is a separate conversation. 

 

I've realized I will need a sound processor for my ps3 and ps4 to have virtual surround with my new headphones. I am looking at the original DSS and the Mix amp pro 2013.

I wanted to ask a couple direct questions for clarification's sake regarding the set up and functional of those two devices.  

 

- The mix amp pro will be able to provide game audio and chat via separate mic correct?

- Can this be done via the y adapter in the mixamps 3.5 jack or will I need to buy a separate usb adapter and plug it into the mixamp?

- Will the dss provide chat and audio using a y adapter either in the 3.5 or usb, or is the dss a no go?

- Can either or both of these devices be powered by plugging the usb into an ac adapter and into the wall as opposed to plugging into the console?

- Would you recommend one over the other?

 

Thanks in advance!

Cole

post #214 of 338
Mixamp via USB to ps3/ps4 for chat. Optical for audio.

Y female adapter, headphones and mic plugs into that, which plugs into the Mixamp's sole 3.5mm jack.

Change the settings on the playstaion, you're done.

If youre far away from the console, you're gonna need a really long usb and optical cable so that you can keep the Mixamp near you. Either that or leave the Mixamp near the console and use an extension cable for your headphones, and you'll have to get up to adjust the Mixamp.

This is why I use the Mixamp 5.8.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/13/14 at 8:07pm
post #215 of 338

Thanks Mad.

I did some research on the 5.8, I see your point. It seems I'd just need to get a 2.5m to 3.5m adapter and use the xbox chat cable for it work, but the 5.8's are impossible to find (the pro's availability isn't much better, but I did find it on bestbuy). I'm only about 6-7 feet from my tv. I'm expecting the headphone and microphone cable to reach, but I hadn't considered that I will be up and down to adjust the mixamp.

 

So, the DSS? That's a no go right? That cannot do chat on the sony consoles?

post #216 of 338
The DSS is the same in that its a device that needs to be close to you...

And dss only does chat for turtle beach headsets.

If you look at Microsofts store, I believe they still have Mixamp 5.8s...
post #217 of 338

Thanks so much. 

I just checked the Microsoft store. I only see them bundled with a30/a40's. 

post #218 of 338

Hmm I just thought of another question. If I am able to get a 5.8, I know the 2.5  to 3.5 adapter cable will fix chat for ps4... but what about ps3? Will chat work on that?

post #219 of 338

Yea I think I answered my own question. It always worked (with a 3.5m Y adapter) because of a link between the usb/power on the receiver and a usb port on the ps3, it was only the ps4 that needed a patch job, right? Sorry, it's taking me a minute but I think I'm getting it...

Now to find a 5.8....

post #220 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

The DSS is the same in that its a device that needs to be close to you...

And dss only does chat for turtle beach headsets.

If you look at Microsofts store, I believe they still have Mixamp 5.8s...

My son uses his with the PS4 and chat works great, you need this cable: 

 

post #221 of 338

If I can only find the 5.8 bundled with an A30, is it worth it to spend $180 in order to have the 5.8? Maybe I could just sell the A30 alone $50ish?

post #222 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Doe View Post
 

If I can only find the 5.8 bundled with an A30, is it worth it to spend $180 in order to have the 5.8? Maybe I could just sell the A30 alone $50ish?

Have you considered eBay?

post #223 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarti View Post
 

Have you considered eBay?

Oh yes, that was my first stop. There is one open auction up to $100 already and that is used, but no buy it now options outside of the a30 bundle that I can find

post #224 of 338

The other day I saw one selling for $70 on Orlando Craigslist, if it wasn't because I already own one I would have buyed it. The 5.8 MixAmp is a fine piece of audio equipment.

post #225 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Doe View Post

Yea I think I answered my own question. It always worked (with a 3.5m Y adapter) because of a link between the usb/power on the receiver and a usb port on the ps3, it was only the ps4 that needed a patch job, right? Sorry, it's taking me a minute but I think I'm getting it...
Now to find a 5.8....
Ugh I think I am wrong about this. The cable that allowed chat on the ps3 is discontinued and not available anywhere. The fix seems to be only for the ps4 , as it connects to the controller. Can someone confirm that chat on the ps3 won't be possible with the 5.8?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...