New here, first post.
I was browsing the internet trying to find some answers and came across this forum.
Forgive me if I am being repetitive here, which I am sure I am. I read through the first few pages of this thread but not all 15.
I was hoping I could get some advice/direct answers because all of the different information is confusing and hard to sift through.
I am about to buy my first pair of decent headphones for game immersion. I have a nice 5.1 speaker system but I want to add headphones to my set up now. I bought the ps gold headset and quickly realized the sound quality was not going to meet my standards so now I'm on an audio quest for proper headphones.
I am having trouble deciding on pair but I think I am between the m50x and dt770 80. But that is a separate conversation.
I've realized I will need a sound processor for my ps3 and ps4 to have virtual surround with my new headphones. I am looking at the original DSS and the Mix amp pro 2013.
I wanted to ask a couple direct questions for clarification's sake regarding the set up and functional of those two devices.
- The mix amp pro will be able to provide game audio and chat via separate mic correct?
- Can this be done via the y adapter in the mixamps 3.5 jack or will I need to buy a separate usb adapter and plug it into the mixamp?
- Will the dss provide chat and audio using a y adapter either in the 3.5 or usb, or is the dss a no go?
- Can either or both of these devices be powered by plugging the usb into an ac adapter and into the wall as opposed to plugging into the console?
- Would you recommend one over the other?
Thanks in advance!