Just a suggestion, but why no mention of the Creative Aurvana Lives for him if he took interest in looking at the M50's the CAL! should offer quite a bit at a much more reasonable cost.
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Mid Fi [Sub $200] Grudge Match The Quest for Neutrality (LIVE) ATH AD 900X VS Dt 880 Added Last post on 9/17/13 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best-than beats mixr at less price, and equal passive isolation Last post on 2/13/13 at 11:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a headphones Last post on 12/20/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality, open-sounding closed headphones for Classical and Jazz Last post on 12/10/12 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone suggestion Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 3711/19/13 at 9:00pmpost #33 of 3711/19/13 at 9:05pmThread StarterWow. 2 more options in the last 10 minutes. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE AND SUCH A FLOODED MARKET. From what I have gathered in the last 10 minutes, the DT 770 32Ohms is kind o like the ATH-m50 but better? Big, boomy, controlled bass with slightly recessed mids. Haven't gotten to look at creative ones yet. Can you point out some good/bad qualities. Also, how is the isolation and clamping pressure on the 770s and creatives? I prefer tighter clamping.post #34 of 3711/19/13 at 9:07pmpost #35 of 3711/19/13 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by 1337h34dph0n00b
Wow. 2 more options in the last 10 minutes. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE AND SUCH A FLOODED MARKET. From what I have gathered in the last 10 minutes, the DT 770 32Ohms is kind o like the ATH-m50 but better? Big, boomy, controlled bass with slightly recessed mids. Haven't gotten to look at creative ones yet. Can you point out some good/bad qualities. Also, how is the isolation and clamping pressure on the 770s and creatives? I prefer tighter clamping.
yes, dt770 is like a more controlled and refined/detailed version of the m50's. Isolation is pretty good, the clamping force is pretty high, but they are Beyers, so they are still comfy as hellpost #36 of 3711/19/13 at 9:40pm
- Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Currently, there are 2819 Active Users (619 Members and 2200 Guests)
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Stax 007 MK2 Mint Condition 2 minutes ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a $1000 portable rig 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Klipsch Image S4 - Are they a bang for the buck? 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob