Hi, I am looking for a pair of headphones for around $200. I know skullcandy is hated on these forums, but the mixmasters look really nice, and have a lot of features. Open to anything though. Maybe Senn. HD 25-I ii.
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Mid Fi [Sub $200] Grudge Match The Quest for Neutrality (LIVE) ATH AD 900X VS Dt 880 Added Last post on 9/17/13 at 7:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best-than beats mixr at less price, and equal passive isolation Last post on 2/13/13 at 11:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a headphones Last post on 12/20/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality, open-sounding closed headphones for Classical and Jazz Last post on 12/10/12 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- head phone suggestion Last post on 11/22/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones?post #1 of 3711/15/13 at 6:50pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3711/15/13 at 7:44pm
Some things to consider:
Audio Technica ATH-A900x
Audio Technica ATH-AD900xpost #3 of 3711/15/13 at 8:04pmThread Starterpost #4 of 3711/15/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
ATH A900x = Closed, ATH AD900x = Open
If you want something slightly warm but clean and spacious and don't care about isolation, I would go with the MA900 (HD598 secondary). If you want a flat out bass emphasis, the DT990. The other listed headphones are more analytical.post #5 of 3711/16/13 at 1:43amQuote:
I find Senn HD280 fit this description very well for a ~$100 headphone (leaves some extra $ for an amp/dac/other headphone/etc...). My guess is that any of the closed-back professional audio headphones would make a good choice in the sub $200 arena. I think the Senn 280s beat my friends AD-900 (the non "x" version) for punchy bass (The AD-X00's i've heard are all pretty tame in the bass frequencies).
Cheerspost #6 of 3711/16/13 at 1:44amQuote:
What genre of music do you listen to? Outdoor or indoor? If you like the mixmasters SQ, I am guessing you like bass? I like the UE6000 for that :)post #7 of 3711/16/13 at 3:35pmThread Starterpost #8 of 3711/16/13 at 3:39pm
Nonexistant soundstage, somewhat boomy bass that is lacking in detail, recessed midrange, harsh highs, unremarkable fit and comfort.
It is overrated by those for which it was their first headphone. My 3 examples, as well as the UE6000 mentioned earlier, all outclass it.
I assume you are more interested in closed headphones, then.post #9 of 3711/17/13 at 1:04amThread Starterpost #10 of 3711/17/13 at 1:10amQuote:
I have both. They don't really need one, but it doesn't hurt to use them.post #11 of 3711/17/13 at 1:16amThread Starterpost #12 of 3711/17/13 at 1:16amQuote:
I prefer warmer amping for the K550 as for the UE6000, there's no needpost #13 of 3711/17/13 at 1:22amThread Starterpost #14 of 3711/17/13 at 2:23ampost #15 of 3711/17/13 at 10:00amThread Starter
- Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 8 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 11 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 48 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 54 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › ODAC w/ RCA 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob