Hi, I am looking for a pair of headphones for around $200. I know skullcandy is hated on these forums, but the mixmasters look really nice, and have a lot of features. Open to anything though. Maybe Senn. HD 25-I ii.
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Mid Fi [Sub $200] Grudge Match The Quest for Neutrality (LIVE) ATH AD 900X VS Dt 880 Added Last post on 10/15/14 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best-than beats mixr at less price, and equal passive isolation Last post on 2/13/13 at 11:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 for one can to rule them all. Sub $300 shootout? Last post on 2/18/13 at 5:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a headphones Last post on 12/20/12 at 8:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- High quality, open-sounding closed headphones for Classical and Jazz Last post on 12/10/12 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
ATH A900x = Closed, ATH AD900x = Open
If you want something slightly warm but clean and spacious and don't care about isolation, I would go with the MA900 (HD598 secondary). If you want a flat out bass emphasis, the DT990. The other listed headphones are more analytical.
I find Senn HD280 fit this description very well for a ~$100 headphone (leaves some extra $ for an amp/dac/other headphone/etc...). My guess is that any of the closed-back professional audio headphones would make a good choice in the sub $200 arena. I think the Senn 280s beat my friends AD-900 (the non "x" version) for punchy bass (The AD-X00's i've heard are all pretty tame in the bass frequencies).
What genre of music do you listen to? Outdoor or indoor? If you like the mixmasters SQ, I am guessing you like bass? I like the UE6000 for that :)
Nonexistant soundstage, somewhat boomy bass that is lacking in detail, recessed midrange, harsh highs, unremarkable fit and comfort.
It is overrated by those for which it was their first headphone. My 3 examples, as well as the UE6000 mentioned earlier, all outclass it.
I assume you are more interested in closed headphones, then.
I have both. They don't really need one, but it doesn't hurt to use them.
I prefer warmer amping for the K550 as for the UE6000, there's no need
Do report back on what you think about them!
- Looking for a <$200 pair of headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Ghost in the MP3 3 minutes ago
- › Good headphone recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › AGK K550 Problem 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 5 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 6 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225e mod for COMFORT? 6 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 9 minutes ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP thread 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3