Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! - Page 6

post #76 of 811
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post
 

Exceedingly curious about these given my positive experience with the S500...

 

 

If you want S500 with much more comfortable pads and huge (for a closed can) soundstage - go for it, you won't be sorry!

post #77 of 811
Thread Starter 

The 25% sale is still going on, and you can get S680 for 65$-75$, depending on color and your location.

 

Step 1)

Go to http://kakaku.com/item/J0000010505/

 

Step 2)

Click on one of the color choices on top of the page

 

Step 3)

Click on the BuySmartJapan banner at the bottom of the page

 

Step 4)

You will see the price estimate like this:

 

This one is for the red version, and it comes to between 66$ and 76$, unless you live in South America or Africa.

Black color will be about 2$ cheaper, white one will be 1$ pricier.

Proceed to checkout.

 

Step 5)

Register and pay

post #78 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/eek.gif">

 

" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/popcorn.gif">

 

Thanks for the overview. Looks interesting!

 



I second that!!

These are definitely on my selfie xmas list, now just have to find a reliable and cheap seller to order them from.

Either Kakaku, or Amazon.co.jp+Tenso are definitely good options. Bit worried about Kakaku+BuySmartJapan as I've never used that combo before.

£45.69 is what I will have to pay on Kakaku in total, hopefully I wont get stung by customs this time. :/ Really tempted to click "Confirm the order details" button. tongue.gif
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 12/10/13 at 5:13am
post #79 of 811
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

<img data-cke-saved-src=

 

<img data-cke-saved-src=

 

Thanks for the overview. Looks interesting!

 



I second that!!

These are definitely on my selfie xmas list, now just have to find a reliable and cheap seller to order them from.

Either Kakaku, or Amazon.co.jp+Tenso are definitely good options. Bit worried about Kakaku+BuySmartJapan as I've never used that combo before.

£45.69 is what I will have to pay on Kakaku in total, hopefully I wont get stung by customs this time. :/ Really tempted to click "Confirm the order details" button. tongue.gif

 

You can buy it from this guy for 81$:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Victor-JVC-HA-S680-R-Red-color-Outdoor-type-Headphone-Carbon-Nanotube-F-S-/271332332176

 

There is another seller on eBay for 78.6$, but he has no feedback.

post #80 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post

 

You can buy it from this guy for 81$:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Victor-JVC-HA-S680-R-Red-color-Outdoor-type-Headphone-Carbon-Nanotube-F-S-/271332332176

 

There is another seller on eBay for 78.6$, but he has no feedback.

 



Thanks mate!

I've just ordered from Kakaku+BuySmartJapan as it worked out about $6 cheaper than eBay and a tiny bit cheaper than Amazon Japan. biggrin.gif

Now the wait begins!
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 12/10/13 at 6:02am
post #81 of 811

Would anyone know if those are available in Bangkok? 

post #82 of 811
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by docentore View Post
 

Would anyone know if those are available in Bangkok? 


They are not sold outside of Japan.

You can buy them directly from Kakaku or eBay.

post #83 of 811

Will probably jump on a pair of these next month (my wallet needs a breather)

 

I've a pair of the 500s, and while I liked their sound, I simply could not get to grips with the collapsible headband. I hated that there was no locking mechanism for the headband and hated how they'd just flop around when you weren't wearing them. As a result my 500s never saw much use outdoors.

post #84 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post

Since people started receiving the headphones already, I would like to ask them to follow this burn-in procedure before posting the impressions:



 



1) Use https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rnrj5g0mmbldj58/ZhYIByMYOE/White-Pink-Brown%20Noise%20%28For%20burn%20in%29.wav



2) Adjust the volume so that the middle noise is too loud for comfort



3) Take the headphones off, and add another 20-30% volume



4) Keep burning 24/7



5) Give it at least 48 hours



6) Once burn-in of the driver is done, please let your brain burn-in as well - it will take a few days for the brain to adjust to



    the sound. At first, the brain will refuse to process the soundstage and clarity that HA-S680 can produce, but it will give in



    eventually.


 



Or you could just play my banging Trance mixes at 75% volume for 48 hours. biggrin.gif

Link is in my signature btw. heh

Also, I dont get why people here think the white ones are the nicest looking... I much prefer the Red ones hence why I ordered them today from Kakaku+BuySmartJapan. Then again to each their own.

Wondering if anyone has bought/received them from Kakaku yet, whats your experience?

PS. I've had my S500s for over a year so I'll definitely be doing some comparisons when I receive the S680. Wondering why this thread isnt more popular. Perhaps it needs to be promoted in the S500 thread a bit wink.gif
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 12/10/13 at 9:43am
post #85 of 811
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

Since people started receiving the headphones already, I would like to ask them to follow this burn-in procedure before posting the impressions:

 

 

 

1) Use https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rnrj5g0mmbldj58/ZhYIByMYOE/White-Pink-Brown%20Noise%20%28For%20burn%20in%29.wav

 

2) Adjust the volume so that the middle noise is too loud for comfort

 

3) Take the headphones off, and add another 20-30% volume

 

4) Keep burning 24/7

 

5) Give it at least 48 hours

 

6) Once burn-in of the driver is done, please let your brain burn-in as well - it will take a few days for the brain to adjust to

 

    the sound. At first, the brain will refuse to process the soundstage and clarity that HA-S680 can produce, but it will give in

 

    eventually.

 



Or you could just play my banging Trance mixes at 75% volume for 48 hours. biggrin.gif

Link is in my signature btw. heh

Also, I dont get why people here think the white ones are the nicest looking... I much prefer the Red ones hence why I ordered them today from Kakaku+BuySmartJapan. Then again to each their own.

Wondering if anyone has bought/received them from Kakaku yet, whats your experience?

PS. I've had my S500s for over a year so I'll definitely be doing some comparisons when I receive the S680. Wondering why this thread isnt more popular. Perhaps it needs to be promoted in the S500 thread a bit wink.gif

 

You are among the first ones who bought through Kakaku+BuySmartJapan, as they just started displaying these banners only a few days ago.

This thread will become more popular once more people receive them and post reviews.

post #86 of 811
I have done a thorough burn in and have been listening to these for a few days. I'm not ready to do an in depth review, but compared to my S400 these sound absolutely fantastic. The touch of graininess in the upper mids is gone. The bass is powerful with good sub bass. The sound stage is wide and enveloping.
They may be too warm for some tastes. If you are looking for a highly detailed upper end, they won't be for you.
I'm away on a business trip now and brought my PFE 132's and am really wishing I brought the JVC's, too.
post #87 of 811
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post

I have done a thorough burn in and have been listening to these for a few days. I'm not ready to do an in depth review, but compared to my S400 these sound absolutely fantastic. The touch of graininess in the upper mids is gone. The bass is powerful with good sub bass. The sound stage is wide and enveloping.
They may be too warm for some tastes. If you are looking for a highly detailed upper end, they won't be for you.
I'm away on a business trip now and brought my PFE 132's and am really wishing I brought the JVC's, too.

 

 

Finally, a second opinion! :atsmile:

 

I agree, the treble is a little bit relaxed, to avoid sibilance.

How do you find the comfort?

post #88 of 811
Comfort is very good. It is in a different legue compared to my S400's.
post #89 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post

 

You are among the first ones who bought through Kakaku+BuySmartJapan, as they just started displaying these banners only a few days ago.

This thread will become more popular once more people receive them and post reviews.

 



Ah ok, well lets hope I have a good experience with this option. At the moment the Order Status on BuySmartJapan says "Prepared for Shipment", I shall see if it changes to "Shipped" today. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painful Chafe View Post

Comfort is very good. It is in a different legue compared to my S400's.

 



This is good news! Chances are they will be much more comfy than my S500. biggrin.gif
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 12/11/13 at 1:19am
post #90 of 811
Please don't judge them before burn in. They are very boomy out of the box.

I have a lot of experience with JVC nano tube products and the break in transformation. But these worried me upon first listen.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!