or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! - Page 47

post #691 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by tussinette View Post
 

Hi guys, I just ordered these from Japan for about 50eur with transport (a bit more than I would pay for Sony V55, 1/3 more than I would get Sony ZX600, CAL!, HTF600 or JVC HA-S400, three time more than JVC HA-S600). Which choice would you have done for portable headphones (train/bus)? (purely question for fun as my choice is already made :-)

 

What are the best pads to avoid ear-sweating in nomad (portble) usage? Are there some velour or real-leather pads that would fit?

 

Thanks for your help.

Where do you live? Where did you buy it? Customs fees?

Thanks!!!

post #692 of 995

I bought them on Amazon Germany, I live in Czech Republic. I often bought from Japan and never had fees. I bought about 10 times from China, had customer fees once (looks like control is quiet light on the border :-). I just don't buy from US (fees half of the time, even on cheap products).

 

All the other headphones I have mentioned are available locally.

 

Would you have gone for S680 too? Even at 50eur? Everything is always more expensive in Europe than in US :-(

post #693 of 995
Do not agree to buy jvc 680 at 50 euro? Thanks for the information, but amazon.it not ships from Italy to Japan ..
post #694 of 995
Hi Andreamang,

Japanstore delivers to Italy when ordered from Amazon.de (JVC HA-S680: 46.60Eur + 6 Eur cost for sending). Customs fees: how good are Italian border guards? ;-)
post #695 of 995
Does anyone know if the SHURE HPAEC940 (velour pads for SRH940) would fit?
post #696 of 995
Amazon.de only silver Version...or ebay seller with "gift" word or not?
post #697 of 995

Hi andreamang,

 

I will PM you as I am not sure if everyone is interested in our chit-chat...

post #698 of 995
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tussinette View Post

Does anyone know if the SHURE HPAEC940 (velour pads for SRH940) would fit?

I've tried the Shure HPAEC840 pads - they are too big, may need to be modified to fit properly.

post #699 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by tussinette View Post

Does anyone know if the SHURE HPAEC940 (velour pads for SRH940) would fit?


Too big... hmm... any other idea?


Edited by tussinette - 4/8/14 at 4:22am
post #700 of 995
I just put my order in for a white pair!

I ordered through whiterabbitexpress, and total cost was $47.99 USD.

Over the summer I am intending to get a proper DAC + Amp, preferably something dead neutral or towards the bright side so as to complement my E07K. Would the O2 + ODAC and/or the Modi + Magni pair well with the HA-S680?

Scrolling through the reviews, it seems these are suitable for portable use. Would these cans be good unamped from iPhone 5?

Really looking forward to getting them!
post #701 of 995
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post

I just put my order in for a white pair!

I ordered through whiterabbitexpress, and total cost was $47.99 USD.

Over the summer I am intending to get a proper DAC + Amp, preferably something dead neutral or towards the bright side so as to complement my E07K. Would the O2 + ODAC and/or the Modi + Magni pair well with the HA-S680?

Scrolling through the reviews, it seems these are suitable for portable use. Would these cans be good unamped from iPhone 5?

Really looking forward to getting them!

O2 + ODAC  should be great, S680 loves neutral sources (I use ODAC+E12).

Iphone5 will power them just fine, but I don't know about the synergy.

post #702 of 995

BenF, thanks for your reply once again.

Have you had the chance to listen to the Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2? I am considering that as an option too, and from what I have heard, using the Sabre chip, the sound should be fairly neutral as well. Would you say the Dragonfly is comparable to the O2 + ODAC?

post #703 of 995
You could write the link to whiterabbit for jvc? I can not find ... Through buysmartjapan you pay the customs? I remind you that I live in Italy
post #704 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreamang View Post

You could write the link to whiterabbit for jvc? I can not find ... Through buysmartjapan you pay the customs? I remind you that I live in Italy

Dude, customs is luck of the draw, and I generally assume I'm going to get charged regardless of value of the item or whether it's marked as a gift. Items marked "gift" aren't necessarily going let through freely. Some sellers are willing to lower the value of the package, but then you might be screwed if the package goes missing and I know our local Customs will calculate fees based on local costs for similar items, so they sometimes ignore the declared parcel value anyway. Customs are an unfortunate part of the online shopping experience. Suck it up as part of the experience or just buy something else locally. Mercy on everyone, buy something

post #705 of 995
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post
 

BenF, thanks for your reply once again.

Have you had the chance to listen to the Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2? I am considering that as an option too, and from what I have heard, using the Sabre chip, the sound should be fairly neutral as well. Would you say the Dragonfly is comparable to the O2 + ODAC?


ODAC+E12 does sound better with S680 than DF 1.2, I expect ODAC+O2 to sound as good or better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!