Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! - Page 45

post #661 of 834
Thread Starter 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andreamang View Post

 

Read the comments and I understand that 680 is similar to 660 hahaha







Which comments are that? 660 is horrible.

post #662 of 834

About the sound signature :biggrin:

post #663 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by andreamang View Post

 

Read the comments and I understand that 680 is similar to 660 hahaha

 



Which comments are that? 660 is horrible.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreamang View Post
 

About the sound signature :biggrin:

 

Come on man, if you're suggesting that two phones are similar because they have similar sound sig, then we'll have like less than 10 headphones in the universe.

Clearly in this thread it's already been said that the 660 and 680 are on opposite ends of the quality spectrum. Even if they do have the same sig as you deduced, that's like comparing egg omelette made by Gordon Ramsay and egg omelette made by a random nobody.

You've been deliberating for so long, just make a choice and settle upon it already, rather than asking questions repetitively hoping to get answers like 'it's 680 is 999x better than 660 according to 100% of all human beings' which will never come.

At worst if you don't like it, you can sell it off cheaply and not lose much since. At best, you'll love it, as have many people attested to, and be happy with your purchase! :o

post #664 of 834

Any info on whether these HD's are officially available in european stores? Can't find a way to order them online. And some info on how they compare with the HA-RX series would be greatly appreciated.

post #665 of 834
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkoo View Post
 

Any info on whether these HD's are officially available in european stores? Can't find a way to order them online. And some info on how they compare with the HA-RX series would be greatly appreciated.


They are exclusive for Japan, will not be released anywhere else.

You can buy them on Amazon, eBay, or Kakaku.

They are very different from the HA-RX series, HA-RX900 (modded) is much more laid back and open sounding. S680 has better bass and mids.

Both are great, but different.

post #666 of 834

Alright. Thanks. Would getting the S400's be better of a value than getting the RX900's? Which is the best all-arounder?

post #667 of 834
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkoo View Post
 

Alright. Thanks. Would getting the S400's be better of a value than getting the RX900's? Which is the best all-arounder?


If you love bass and sub-bass, go for S400/S680. For the largest soundstage  and clearest treble, go for RX900.

 

RX500/700/900 are the top 3 bestselling full size headphones on Amazon Japan:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/electronics/3477981/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_1_3_last

post #668 of 834

I do indeed love more bassy and neutral cans. And to give you an idea of price/performance ratio the RX900 are 95$ in my country, where's the S400's are only 30$, and stuff like Amazon and Ebay are all blocked. I think I'll go for the S400's! Though they are labeled as JVC HA-S400E-W. I hope the E means nothing. I hope they're the same as the japanese phones. Would I miss on alot from not getting the S680's and S500's? Thank you for your input thus far!:)

post #669 of 834
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkoo View Post
 

I do indeed love more bassy and neutral cans. And to give you an idea of price/performance ratio the RX900 are 95$ in my country, where's the S400's are only 30$, and stuff like Amazon and Ebay are all blocked. I think I'll go for the S400's! Though they are labeled as JVC HA-S400E-W. I hope the E means nothing. I hope they're the same as the japanese phones. Would I miss on alot from not getting the S680's and S500's? Thank you for your input thus far!:)

 

I think "E" means "export' or "Europe", so it's not the Japanese version.

 

This seller ships S680 to Macedonia for 69$:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Victor-JVC-HA-S680-R-Red-color-Outdoor-type-Headphone-Carbon-Nanotube-F-S-/271332332176

This seller ships RX900 to Macedonia for 70$ (without a box):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Victor-JVC-Kenwood-Audio-Indoor-headphone-HP-RX900-Brand-New-Without-box-/121232704485

 

At these prices, I think S680 is the best all-around option.


Edited by BenF - 4/2/14 at 9:54am
post #670 of 834

Thanks a ton. :)

post #671 of 834

I've had the s680s for a couple weeks now, and I think that they haven't really lived up to expectations. They aren't bad; they also represent an extreme bargain for 70$. I just don't think they can really compete with other, less portable options. My friends XPT100s sound better and are a lot more comfortable. If you are using these strictly for desk use I would suggest something else, but if portability is something that you want in a headphone, then the s680s represent an extreme bargain that you should have for a portable set up.

 

I think that the s680 are really good portable headphones that can compete with other options for double its price, but if you're looking for a desk setup that you might take outside maybe a couple times in a vacation or on flights, i would try looking at other closed headphone options that are full sized.

 

 

Also, I think these are not the best for the music i listen to (jazz, classical, pop) and may be better for things like dubstep and electronic music.

post #672 of 834
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzhao20 View Post
 

I've had the s680s for a couple weeks now, and I think that they haven't really lived up to expectations. They aren't bad; they also represent an extreme bargain for 70$. I just don't think they can really compete with other, less portable options. My friends XPT100s sound better and are a lot more comfortable. If you are using these strictly for desk use I would suggest something else, but if portability is something that you want in a headphone, then the s680s represent an extreme bargain that you should have for a portable set up.

 

I think that the s680 are really good portable headphones that can compete with other options for double its price, but if you're looking for a desk setup that you might take outside maybe a couple times in a vacation or on flights, i would try looking at other closed headphone options that are full sized.

 

 

Also, I think these are not the best for the music i listen to (jazz, classical, pop) and may be better for things like dubstep and electronic music.

The full size headphones will obviously be more comfortable due to larger pads.

Luckily, you can easily upgrade S680's comfort by installing Brainwavz HM5 pads (17$) - you will no longer be aware you are wearing them on your head :bigsmile_face:

Full size headphones will also have larger soundstage due to larger cups.

post #673 of 834

Yeah, these headphones are a steal for looks and portability in its price range. If you take your headphones around, these are a no-brainer budget headphone that should be on the top of your list. But, if you're looking for a headphone for analytical use or just prefer a neutral headphone then i wouldn't recommend these over other closed headphones in its price point. 

post #674 of 834
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzhao20 View Post
 

Yeah, these headphones are a steal for looks and portability in its price range. If you take your headphones around, these are a no-brainer budget headphone that should be on the top of your list. But, if you're looking for a headphone for analytical use or just prefer a neutral headphone then i wouldn't recommend these over other closed headphones in its price point. 


S680 is bass and mids-centric, never was supposed to be neutral.

And with the HM5 earpuds you can easily convert them into around-the-ear when needed.

I now use them for movies and TV - very comfortable for hours non-stop.

BTW, XPT100's pads are supposed to fit too, since it's a HM5 clone (but the pads are even better) - try them.
 

post #675 of 834

I'm about to purchase these headphones. Anyone recommend an Amazon re-seller? Also please specify how long shipping was.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here!