A few notes about these 'phones:
1. The box they come in is tiny. When I saw how small the box was, my first thought was "they must've sent the wrong headphone." They're able to fit in such a small box since they're foldable--something I'd forgotten.
2. They have an angled plug.
3. The cable on these is thick and of high-quality.
4. The clamping force is strong. I personally wish it was a little less strong.
5. The driver grills / covers--whatever you wanna call them--are angled; this surprised me. I don't believe I've seen any mention of this anywhere.
6. Though at this point I don't care for the sound of these 'phones, they have a great, almost 3D, soundstage and already manage to work decently with games and mono recordings. Mono recordings sound like they're being played through speakers.
7. So far the CAL! is better than the HA-S680 when it comes to everything but soundstage: lows, mids and highs are simply better and more natural-sounding with the CAL! Right now the HA-S680s don't even sound half as good as the CAL!
My main problem with the HA-S680 right now: the bass. It's way too overpowering. Some genres suffer from it.
Edited by Aillas - 1/17/14 at 7:44am