or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fake Sennheiser Momentums? - Page 4

post #46 of 154
Thread Starter 

Hey RAFA. Thanks for this post. My headphones have the EXACT same problems. Well the seller on ebay is going to give me a complete refund and let me keep these fake headphones. The authentic headphones are suppose to sound way better correct? 

post #47 of 154

Couldn't you guys just try registering the product on Senn website to check if its authentic or not?

post #48 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick123194 View Post
 

Hey RAFA. Thanks for this post. My headphones have the EXACT same problems. Well the seller on ebay is going to give me a complete refund and let me keep these fake headphones. The authentic headphones are suppose to sound way better correct? 

 

I am pretty sure, that they sound better. At least feel better (materials etc.). Tomorrow I will try to seeo, if I can find a streetseller of these and try listen to them.

post #49 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick123194 View Post

Hey RAFA. Thanks for this post. My headphones have the EXACT same problems. Well the seller on ebay is going to give me a complete refund and let me keep these fake headphones. The authentic headphones are suppose to sound way better correct? 

Well that's a matter of opinion. If you were to take Beats as an example then the chances are extremely high that the fakes sound significantly better. Personally I don't like the Momentums - I find them too thick and closed in, but they're not bad headphones at all. They've got good positioning and detail, plus they IMO excel at electronica therefore it's doubtful that a faker could match, or better the sound quality.

With respect to those who have been ripped off with fake headphones, I'm going to say don't ever consider buying anything new, including headphones, where the price is less than 20% off from the RRP especially for new and desirable kit. Going for a stupid bargain online will often net you anything but.
post #50 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaphead View Post


Well that's a matter of opinion. If you were to take Beats as an example then the chances are extremely high that the fakes sound significantly better. Personally I don't like the Momentums - I find them too thick and closed in, but they're not bad headphones at all. They've got good positioning and detail, plus they IMO excel at electronica therefore it's doubtful that a faker could match, or better the sound quality.

With respect to those who have been ripped off with fake headphones, I'm going to say don't ever consider buying anything new, including headphones, where the price is less than 20% off from the RRP especially for new and desirable kit. Going for a stupid bargain online will often net you anything but.

 

About the sound. Impressions made with DX50 + Fake Senns + my ears.

 

 

Generally, I have to take my comment back.

 

Actually they sound like crap. There is something very unpleasant about the highs. Also there is a constant noise floor.

post #51 of 154

Heck of a way to make a first post, but I suspect mine is a fake also. I'm not 100% convinced, but some of the signs are there. I have the brown set and my headband smell like leather and the stitching is straight and even. My Sennheiser badges don't look plastic or oily.Being brown, my cords are black and I think that's correct. However the slots are somewhat sharp and the radiuses at the ends aren't perfect. They're not as bad as what is pictured though. I also didn't get the correct cords as they have cheap looking plugs that are somewhat shiny and the one that changes angle isn't there at all, nor is the 1/4 inch adapter. At least I think it's supposed to have one. My box isn't ready to fall apart (yet) and the lash is black, not red as was posted that it should be. Also there was no warranty card if it came with one. Mine sound good to me but I have nothing to compare them to. This is actually my first set of good headphones in 60 years. As I said, I'm not 100% sure so I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I think the original poster, Nick123194, bought from the same seller as I did. The seller was distributors 7865. I received a message from ebay stating that they have removed the listing and I didn't have to pay and gave a list of possible reasons. Trouble with that was it came two weeks too late. I started searching and came to this post. Does it sound like I've been taken also? And Nick123194, is that the same seller? If so, that'll remove any doubt I have.

post #52 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill7621 View Post

Heck of a way to make a first post, but I suspect mine is a fake also. I'm not 100% convinced, but some of the signs are there. I have the brown set and my headband smell like leather and the stitching is straight and even. My Sennheiser badges don't look plastic or oily.Being brown, my cords are black and I think that's correct. However the slots are somewhat sharp and the radiuses at the ends aren't perfect. They're not as bad as what is pictured though. I also didn't get the correct cords as they have cheap looking plugs that are somewhat shiny and the one that changes angle isn't there at all, nor is the 1/4 inch adapter. At least I think it's supposed to have one. My box isn't ready to fall apart (yet) and the lash is black, not red as was posted that it should be. Also there was no warranty card if it came with one. Mine sound good to me but I have nothing to compare them to. This is actually my first set of good headphones in 60 years. As I said, I'm not 100% sure so I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I think the original poster, Nick123194, bought from the same seller as I did. The seller was distributors 7865. I received a message from ebay stating that they have removed the listing and I didn't have to pay and gave a list of possible reasons. Trouble with that was it came two weeks too late. I started searching and came to this post. Does it sound like I've been taken also? And Nick123194, is that the same seller? If so, that'll remove any doubt I have.

Unless I find a hint about different cables on the net, I am pretty much sure that yours are fake. I am sorry.

Did you get a manual? If no, then it is fake. If yes, you should look inside. Mine says that it should have the metal angled plugs and I did not get them.

My first plunge into better sound was with Shure E2C fakes. That time I always wondered why I liked my stock headphones more smily_headphones1.gif
post #53 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post


Did you get a manual? If no, then it is fake. If yes, you should look inside. Mine says that it should have the metal angled plugs and I did not get them.
 

 

The best indicator for me was not getting the angled plug as well. 

post #54 of 154

I contacted Sennheiser USA this morning and spoke with the product manager and he was very helpful in identifying mine as fake. I gave my serial number and he said it was a valid serial number however that could also be faked. He said another clue would be to remove the right earpad, carefuly. Under the earpad should be another white sticker with the serial number. If it's there, you probably have a good one. Well, mine didn't have the serial number under the earpad, so these are most definitely counterfeit. All that's left for me to do is file a claim with ebay and hope for the best. I paid by paypal so it shouldn't be much of an issue. I did tell him that they sounded pretty good and was surprised by that and was told they probably assemble them with the same drivers and other parts that can be obtained. But no guarantee as to how long they'll sound good or even if they'll last. Or if they're assembled correctly. He was surprised that they were faked so soon as they are fairly new. Maybe we were the first batch of people to receive these fakes. I'm sure others are out there with these fakes and I just hope they find out while they can still do something about it. Like I said in my first post, if ebay hadn't sent me the email, I would never have had a clue. And as for me, as soon as I get word that I'm getting my money back, I'm ordering a pair directly from Sennheiser. That way there will be no question.

post #55 of 154
Thanks for this bill. Sadly there is no chance to give mine back.

On the other hand you gave me hope with the driver. I will have to search for a photo of the real driver.
post #56 of 154
post #57 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume these are it: http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=momentum&catId=&initiative_id=SB_20131121082535

wow. I guess the fakes have truly hit the market. I just reported another ebay seller. 

post #58 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume these are it: http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=momentum&catId=&initiative_id=SB_20131121082535

100% sure about it. $90 Momentums. Not in this world.
post #59 of 154

I wonder how this would affect Sennheiser's Brand name and marketing. There are just too many fakes out there.

post #60 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume these are it: http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=momentum&catId=&initiative_id=SB_20131121082535

Wow, that's just plain wrong! So the unscrupulous seller could offer a substantial refund (I paid $204 and thought I was getting a heck of a deal) if you kept the phones and still make money! The only way to hurt him is to demand a full refund. Then he's out shipping. The only way you can be sure would be to either buy direct from Sennheiser or from and authorized dealer. I also notice that not just Sennheiser is affected. I searched for Bose QC15's and they were there also. I'm sure just about any are. Scary.


Edited by bill7621 - 11/21/13 at 12:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: