Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › MYTHBUSTERS[+White list of brands at the bottom of the first post] [objectiveness only] Intro to the "SOUND SCIENCE WALL OF TEXT" thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MYTHBUSTERS[+White list of brands at the bottom of the first post] [objectiveness only] Intro to... - Page 7  

Poll Results: White list at the bottom of the first post.

 
  • 75% (9)
    Disagree because I dislike you, that's why!
  • 0% (0)
    Disagree, one of the brands may not be considered trustful, the reason i will live in the commentary section below.
  • 0% (0)
    Disagree, need to add the brand i'll speak about in the commentary section below.
  • 8% (1)
    Agree, full&true list I suppose.
  • 16% (2)
    Disagree, because I think you have the wrong vision regarding the term "Brand" and i'll leave the reason in the commentary section below.
12 Total Votes  
post #91 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MygpuK View Post

3. There is a big but(t): Basically, all my experience is a low-end 5.1 and I am certain about how true_high-end must "be heard".
 

 

I don't get this. Isn't it bit like saying "Best car I have ridden is Fiat Punto, but I'am certain I know best way how Lamborghini Reventon should be ridden, because I read a lot of physics books and I'am scientist" ? 

post #92 of 115

Those polls and results are hilarious!

post #93 of 115

I'll give you my example: I bought a pair of Etymotic MC5 because of how beautiful their frequency response and graphs looked like..., the result: its one of the most boring, lifeless and I can't find words to describe... headphones I ever tried. They're balanced though but the HF5 were day and night in comparison. I think you should care about finding the sweet spot between mid and high end. Hard to admit but subjectivity is important in this business...

 

Forgot to add: High end rigs are not for everyone. Not because you have money you should buy what you can.  


Edited by squallkiercosa - 11/18/13 at 9:09am
post #94 of 115
MC5 and ER-4P sounded pretty similar to these tin ears of mine tongue.gif They both suffered from a sharp resonance peak around 8kHz when inserted as far as they could go in my ear (which is apparently not far enough by far) and became much more musical and enjoyable for me when that peak was EQed out.
post #95 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flisker View Post

I don't get this. Isn't it bit like saying "Best car I have ridden is Fiat Punto, but I'am certain I know best way how Lamborghini Reventon should be ridden, because I read a lot of physics books and I'am scientist" ? 
Your point is right. I have no big wallet, thus I suppose head-fi should reconsider their point of describing high-end.

For me, high-end equals TOTL (TOP OF THE LINE of high-end) meaning the physical parameters should be EITHER perfect OR affordable&acceptable. The psychology behind is that I couldn't find PROPER info regarding HOW to make X sound PERFECT for any genre, or does explain it in sound science terms the wrong way. That's why I started learning sound science. To fix that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

I'll give you my example: I bought a pair of Etymotic MC5 because of how beautiful their frequency response and graphs looked like..., the result: its one of the most boring, lifeless and I can't find words to describe... headphones I ever tried. They're balanced though but the HF5 were day and night in comparison. I think you should care about finding the sweet spot between mid and high end. Hard to admit but subjectivity is important in this business...

Forgot to add: High end rigs are not for everyone. Not because you have money you should buy what you can.  
True example. I suppose your error is that "boring, lifeless" means no "soundstage" which equals with low-mids (Trance genre default frequency range).

I reduce everything to the science of Logistics, because Logistics are the essence of engineering.
post #96 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MygpuK View Post

Your point is right. I have no big wallet, thus I suppose head-fi should reconsider their point of describing high-end.

For me, high-end equals TOTL (TOP OF THE LINE of high-end) meaning the physical parameters should be EITHER perfect OR affordable&acceptable. The psychology behind is that I couldn't find PROPER info regarding HOW to make X sound PERFECT for any genre, or does explain it in sound science terms the wrong way. That's why I started learning sound science. To fix that issue.
True example. I suppose your error is that "boring, lifeless" means no "soundstage" which equals with low-mids (Trance genre default frequency range).

I reduce everything to the science of Logistics, because Logistics are the essence of engineering.
(Optimization of the product named X regarding lowest value AND best experience possible)

To be clear on that, perfect stereo headphones for me are the NEUTRAL ones, with a flawless bass.
That's why I started the thread. I wish to know how to achieve flawless bass IF I could not find the info just be googling the forum.
post #97 of 115
Thread Starter 
Disclaimer:
I do not care anyone dislikes me AND refuses to accept I may be right.

White list of brands updated. Unsure about non-caps-lock typed.
post #98 of 115

Reminds me a bit of http://www.timecube.com/ ;)

post #99 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftD1 View Post

Reminds me a bit of http://www.timecube.com/ wink.gif
Heard that joke already in this regard. Explain it if it has any proper arguements (logics).
Nice ecranization btw.

To be clear, I know the point, I do not consider it somewhat relevant.
post #100 of 115
Thread Starter 
EVERYONE TAKE CARE OF:

I allow you to use ONLY counter-arguements and higher "disagree"
Child thread updated/overhauled in commentary section: The perfect stereo headphone.
Edited by MygpuK - 11/18/13 at 9:30am
post #101 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MygpuK View Post
True example. I suppose your error is that "boring, lifeless" means no "soundstage" which equals with low-mids (Trance genre default frequency range).
I reduce everything to the science of Logistics, because Logistics are the essence of engineering.

Following your argument, all IEMs with a perceived flat response produce no soundstage, an already false statement. 

post #102 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

Following your argument, all IEMs with a perceived flat response produce no soundstage, an already false statement. 
Yes it is. I choose headphones from non-IEMS ATM. I'm speaking of general science for a beginner. Although, /thread has bad english issues ATM. Trying to fix that.
post #103 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftD1 View Post

Reminds me a bit of http://www.timecube.com/ wink.gif
Studied timecube essence "the sloppy way". Disagree on the education part, because TRUE SCIENCE allows everyone to consider himself BOTH stupid AND smart. That's called Quantum Physics you know biggrin.gif
Warning: Brain damage! (Click to show)
Educated cubeless stupid, you think stupid.
Why worship a dumb 1 day god when I
demonstrate 4 simultaneous 24 hour days
within a single 24 hour rotation of Earth?
Linear, singularity and trinity equate to
evil math within Nature's Cubic Creation

Regarding brains, I can be MOST OF THE NOWADAYS PHILOSOPHERS. I suppose I know the solution for time cube.
I'm that overrated by myself in my vision... I consider myself humble, I only speak about authority when I suppose i'm right.
Heiggenberg is my metaphysics example if you're interested.
Edited by MygpuK - 11/18/13 at 9:37am
post #104 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MygpuK View Post


Your point is right. I have no big wallet, thus I suppose head-fi should reconsider their point of describing high-end.

For me, high-end equals TOTL (TOP OF THE LINE of high-end) meaning the physical parameters should be EITHER perfect OR affordable&acceptable. The psychology behind is that I couldn't find PROPER info regarding HOW to make X sound PERFECT for any genre, or does explain it in sound science terms the wrong way. That's why I started learning sound science. To fix that issue.

 

I have no big wallet either, you are not alone in this :D 

 

High-end no matter what the product is, is always near "best money can buy" line so you can't expect it to be somehow super affordable for everybody, if suddenly three-times more ppl would get interested in let's say HD800, price would skyrocketed. Because they probably wouldn't be able to produce so many of them, therefore they would raise the price... you see where I'am going? "Rare"/"Hard to produce"/"Complicated to develop" or whatever other reason won't be cheap.

 

TOTL, let's use Beyerdynamic here since I saw you mentioned them on main post is definitely so far "best" Beyer guys could produce with best materials they have available.

 

As for perfect, nothing will ever be perfect, same with headphones, one will never be perfect for all kinds of music reproduction.

 

If anyone in sound science would be able to find "Proper info regarding how to make one headphone perfectly suited for everything" than we would already see something like Sennheiser HD-X9999 - "Cans which can play anything damn good"  :D

 

Also what I'am trying to say and I feel like you still keep arguing about, is that if you get a chance to listen to nicely amped let's use Beyer again, Tesla 1 and compare it to some "mid-fi/low-fi" headphones you will hear quite fast, in my opinion, that there is no eq which would transform those mid-fi's to TOTL Tesla 1's. Just go, audition some top high-end headphones somewhere and than try to make yours sound like them.

 

But yea sure, eq can help tune your music a little more to your style and mainly boost sub-bass region which doesn't screw-up other things. 

post #105 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MygpuK View Post


Yes it is. I choose headphones from non-IEMS ATM. I'm speaking of general science for a beginner. Although, /thread has bad english issues ATM. Trying to fix that.

The interesting thing about headphones is that the enclosure, pads, and headphones' position on your head affects the sound. All headphones sound different even using the same drivers. Have you ever heard two headphones sound the same? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › MYTHBUSTERS[+White list of brands at the bottom of the first post] [objectiveness only] Intro to the "SOUND SCIENCE WALL OF TEXT" thread