Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Need help choosing $200 and below headphones for bass/rap/hip-hop, please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help choosing $200 and below headphones for bass/rap/hip-hop, please. - Page 3

post #31 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Actually lucky for you, if you can wait a few days I have an Logitech UE 6000 on my way to my house! I can give you pictures of it and I'll do a review. So if you can wait I'll let you know first hand. Although I don't have any "un amped" sources to test it with... I have a Hifiman HM 801 and well that won't help you much testing it out of that...

 

what I can do though is test it with my LapTop. My laptop has a very inexpensive $30 Dac/Amp with it so... that unit a Berringher UAC 202 should be comparable. That said, I will let you know shortly :D 

Awesome, that is pretty lucky. Thanks man. Have you tried out the athpro700mk2, the beats studio, and the JVC HAS500 by any chance?

post #32 of 42

Please stay away from Beats they make you look like a tool.

post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrown3 View Post
 

Awesome, that is pretty lucky. Thanks man. Have you tried out the athpro700mk2, the beats studio, and the JVC HAS500 by any chance?

I have Tried the Beats STudio... and yea... do try to avoid Beats >.> there are much better sounding products that cost much much less 

 

and I haven't heard the Pro700 yet, only the UE 6000. But Tiger Direct was haveing a sellin on them for about $89 new! 

post #34 of 42

So no love for the Aëdle VK-1. I was looking for a headphone in the same price range for the same type of music that also looked good. Just a picture:

 

post #35 of 42
I would say try the monoprice 8323s they aw great for entry level nd having a fun low end frequency coloring.
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage038 View Post
 

So no love for the Aëdle VK-1. I was looking for a headphone in the same price range for the same type of music that also looked good. Just a picture:

 

No... not really.  Also some tech specs of them 

Max Input Power
40mW

 

That's not good... 40mW max input... is a little scary 

post #37 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage038 View Post
 

So no love for the Aëdle VK-1. I was looking for a headphone in the same price range for the same type of music that also looked good. Just a picture:

 

This should be in the medical forum. I am looking for good bass heavy headphones not a stethoscope, thank you for the help though

post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissomebs View Post
 

Please stay away from Beats they make you look like a tool.

post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrown3 View Post
 

This should be in the medical forum. I am looking for good bass heavy headphones not a stethoscope, thank you for the help though

And there you have it! In all honesty they proably sound about as good as a Stethscope as well... looking at the Tech Specs lol 

post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrown3 View Post
 

Awesome, that is pretty lucky. Thanks man. Have you tried out the athpro700mk2, the beats studio, and the JVC HAS500 by any chance?

Good new the UE 6000 are hear, my loaner buddy, is out of town for like a week so for the next week I'll be jammin to these to get to know them better! 

 

Yea screw beats, dude for $89 get the UE 6000... man it's got a nice sound and some SERIOUS FREAKING BASS! And interestingly... the "Active Noise Cancelling Circuit"... I didn't find it to actually... block out much noise... rather the bass GOT HEAVY I went from "meh" to OMG 

 

So yea... I might seriously buy my self a pair of these freaking monsters 

 

That said how ever, you JUST missed a sale on them! I paid $89 for my pair [well for my buddies pair] they are usually $130 That said though for $130 it's still one heck of a BASS heavy can. And for Hip Hop well they are most Dope 

 

A LOT OF DEEEEEP Heavy Bass, and sufficient clarity on the lyrics! Best of all, again the ... I'm going to refer to it as a Bass Switch as that's what it is honestly.

 

When you want some BASS FLIP DAT SWITCH [also don't use an amp with these, as they have one built into the headphone] And when you want less bass FLIP DAT switch lol. Needless to say ME GUSTA. For $130 I think they look very nice and sound very nice as well. 


Edited by Mshenay - 11/18/13 at 1:17pm
post #41 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Good new the UE 6000 are hear, my loaner buddy, is out of town for like a week so for the next week I'll be jammin to these to get to know them better! 

 

Yea screw beats, dude for $89 get the UE 6000... man it's got a nice sound and some SERIOUS FREAKING BASS! And interestingly... the "Active Noise Cancelling Circuit"... I didn't find it to actually... block out much noise... rather the bass GOT HEAVY I went from "meh" to OMG 

 

So yea... I might seriously buy my self a pair of these freaking monsters 

 

That said how ever, you JUST missed a sale on them! I paid $89 for my pair [well for my buddies pair] they are usually $130 That said though for $130 it's still one heck of a BASS heavy can. And for Hip Hop well they are most Dope 

 

A LOT OF DEEEEEP Heavy Bass, and sufficient clarity on the lyrics! Best of all, again the ... I'm going to refer to it as a Bass Switch as that's what it is honestly.

 

When you want some BASS FLIP DAT SWITCH [also don't use an amp with these, as they have one built into the headphone] And when you want less bass FLIP DAT switch lol. Needless to say ME GUSTA. For $130 I think they look very nice and sound very nice as well. 

 

I just tried the UE6000s today at Best Buy and was able to play my songs since they had a jack available for customers and I was impressed. The bass wasn't to my 100% satisfaction, but it might do (I tried out these Razer Kraken Pro gaming headsets for the hell of it, and damn those sound beautiful and hit hard as well to my surprise. I just wish they were more publicly accepted, shame on me for caring what people think). About the ue6000's again, I couldn't move the switch though, or i wasn't moving it the right way, or it was broken. Anyways, youre saying it has more bass when off or on?

 

Also, I bought the ATHPRO700mk2's on amazon since I hear they are good about returns, and I also got an e11. So I will be able to compare the 2. And are you sure an amp won't benefit the ue6000's much? 

post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrown3 View Post
 

 

I just tried the UE6000s today at Best Buy and was able to play my songs since they had a jack available for customers and I was impressed. The bass wasn't to my 100% satisfaction, but it might do (I tried out these Razer Kraken Pro gaming headsets for the hell of it, and damn those sound beautiful and hit hard as well to my surprise. I just wish they were more publicly accepted, shame on me for caring what people think). About the ue6000's again, I couldn't move the switch though, or i wasn't moving it the right way, or it was broken. Anyways, youre saying it has more bass when off or on?

 

Also, I bought the ATHPRO700mk2's on amazon since I hear they are good about returns, and I also got an e11. So I will be able to compare the 2. And are you sure an amp won't benefit the ue6000's much? 

When the UE 6000 or at least when MY UE 6000 has the "green light" on it's got gobs of bass in my opinion! I don't think it needs an amp since the Active noise controll colors the sound so much BUT if you wanted more bass out of them, a Fiio E11 should be more than enough to drown yourself with bass!

 

And BEst Buy should have a pretty nice Return policy. Buy them new and try them that way, those demo models at best Buy usually have some damage to them and don't really offer the best sound. To mny ppl touching them chances are there could be some minor internal damage honestly. So Try buying a new one and compare the UE 6000 +e11 TO THE ProMk2+E11 and let us know which you prefer :3

 

And I found the UE 6000 to be... a joke without the Active Noise Cancellation On. When it is on there is a green light on the headphone. When that green light is on it's imo sounds much MUCH better, also the switch is on the left ear cup when you turn it on, the headphone should go silent for a second, then the sound will return. A little louder and a lot bassier!

 

And for my tastes the UE 6000 has a bit to much quanity, I would enjoy them a smidge more with less bass honestly, a little less Boom and a little more DIG to the bass. Like bass in terms of a Solid Mas object, it's a heavy bass but the bass is to my ears not to dense... I'd like  little less bass quanity with the same authority. My W1000x had a GREAT bass [imo] with J$ Pads, but that's about $450 headphone +pads

 

 Non the less, compare the ProMK2 and UE 6000 and see which you like more! I do hear the ProMK2 is a little darker where as the UE 6000 is a little brighter 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Need help choosing $200 and below headphones for bass/rap/hip-hop, please.