Are these good straight out of an iphone/Macbook pro, or would you recommend getting hte Filo E11 amp?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productthinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphonetagged by cristina, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Portable headphone decision..... That Planar sound...on the go! Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Review] The Thinksound On1 On-Ear Headphones - A Prodigious Set Of Wooden Headphones Last post on 3/30/16 at 10:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- new cans, ThinkSound On1 - cable microphonics disappointment ! Last post on 10/27/14 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headband of Thinksound On1 is too weak!! Any ideas??? Last post on 1/8/15 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need some opinions on some portable cans Last post on 5/15/14 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
Thinksound on1 Supraaural Headphone: My Impressions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It should sound great even out of your mac book or iphone. Haven't used it with a iphone but i've tested it with my nexus 4 and it does go loud. A little more headroom would be better but its still very enjoyable. u can always pick up a amp later if u feel like u need it.
Edited by dansingsbuzz - 2/18/14 at 2:17pm
Mine just came in. Listening to Van Halen II, 'Spanish fly'. Eddie: '...hmm here we go...' since the eighties was never able to hear what he mumbled at the beginning of the guitar solo:-). Sound is spacious, precise and full range. Full range goosebumps too.... What more do you need?
You can open up the 2 holes in each cup under the gimbal, they are most likely clogged with lacquer. They sound even better after that 'mod' IMO, although Aaron wrote to me stating the holes are used for tuning and when closed it serves a purpose (=disclaimer).
In the next few weeks there will be parts available for the headband, enhancing durability. There were some posts about the fragility of the plastic part that swallows the actual metal headband. Check them out, it could be the solution we are waiting for. Most likely they will replace it for free.
Edited by HurricaneBill - 4/10/14 at 11:23am
I ordered the on1 today on amazon, it seemed to be cheaper than usual (200 pounds or so, free delivery).
It should arrive tomorrow, I'll let you know my impressions !
I'm both excited to give it a try, and anxious that it could disappoint in any way .
they are excellent from macbook pro (listening to them now that way), I suspect a small dac/amp would even give more speed and space. Going to use the chinese tube dac/amp AUNE T1 in a minute:-).
Edited by HurricaneBill - 5/21/14 at 12:46pm
If anyone has the old headband please contact me and we will modify it for free. We want to make sure its as durable as possible and we have a new steel part in the headband. See below.
President and ceo
- Thinksound on1 Supraaural Headphone: My Impressions
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 19 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › An all too common fight – the HE400x vs the HD6xx 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing lifetime Upgrades by Vibro Labs 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Lotoo PAW 5000 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear