Are these good straight out of an iphone/Macbook pro, or would you recommend getting hte Filo E11 amp?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productthinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphonetagged by cristina, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Portable headphone decision..... That Planar sound...on the go! Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Review] The Thinksound On1 On-Ear Headphones - A Prodigious Set Of Wooden Headphones Last post on 3/30/16 at 10:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- new cans, ThinkSound On1 - cable microphonics disappointment ! Last post on 10/27/14 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headband of Thinksound On1 is too weak!! Any ideas??? Last post on 1/8/15 at 2:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need some opinions on some portable cans Last post on 5/15/14 at 5:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Thinksound on1 Supraaural Headphone: My Impressions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It should sound great even out of your mac book or iphone. Haven't used it with a iphone but i've tested it with my nexus 4 and it does go loud. A little more headroom would be better but its still very enjoyable. u can always pick up a amp later if u feel like u need it.
Edited by dansingsbuzz - 2/18/14 at 2:17pm
Mine just came in. Listening to Van Halen II, 'Spanish fly'. Eddie: '...hmm here we go...' since the eighties was never able to hear what he mumbled at the beginning of the guitar solo:-). Sound is spacious, precise and full range. Full range goosebumps too.... What more do you need?
You can open up the 2 holes in each cup under the gimbal, they are most likely clogged with lacquer. They sound even better after that 'mod' IMO, although Aaron wrote to me stating the holes are used for tuning and when closed it serves a purpose (=disclaimer).
In the next few weeks there will be parts available for the headband, enhancing durability. There were some posts about the fragility of the plastic part that swallows the actual metal headband. Check them out, it could be the solution we are waiting for. Most likely they will replace it for free.
Edited by HurricaneBill - 4/10/14 at 11:23am
I ordered the on1 today on amazon, it seemed to be cheaper than usual (200 pounds or so, free delivery).
It should arrive tomorrow, I'll let you know my impressions !
I'm both excited to give it a try, and anxious that it could disappoint in any way .
they are excellent from macbook pro (listening to them now that way), I suspect a small dac/amp would even give more speed and space. Going to use the chinese tube dac/amp AUNE T1 in a minute:-).
Edited by HurricaneBill - 5/21/14 at 12:46pm
If anyone has the old headband please contact me and we will modify it for free. We want to make sure its as durable as possible and we have a new steel part in the headband. See below.
President and ceo
- Thinksound on1 Supraaural Headphone: My Impressions
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 42 seconds ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 43 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear