Hi guys, hope you can help me make some decisions for the upcoming Black Friday. ;) Presently I'm using Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm, which is a nice set of cans but they're pushing 3 years of heavy abuse and I had to solder the cord once, so I may be ready to retire these and shop for something new - and maybe even better sounding!
Here's what I'd like to have:
- Durable. That's a must - I'm using the cans 12+ hours a day! Should be comfortable, too.
- Detailed. I listen to many genres; mostly jazz and fusion with lots of horns and percussion. Hearing that 15-th trumpet in an orchestra makes me happy.
- High impedance is ok. I'm using Technics SA-DA10 receiver to drive my cans, with the source being either CD player or FLAC/ALAC over S/PDIF from my MB Pro.
- Either open or closed, I'm not sure about this one. I won't disturb anyone in my home office, so that's not a consideration.
- Don't care how they look, it's all about the sound.
Thanks in advance!