[reposted from the Portable Headphone Amps forum, after the moderator message suggested I should post it in this forum instead]
A newbie question if I may.
I've been mostly happy with my Fiio E1 for a few years now, apart from the one major achilles heel- the awful design of the controller. It is far, far too easy to accidentally skip tracks by sitting down or standing up. The lack of a hold button on the controller is, in my opinion, a major oversight.
So the cable end is now fraying as well and it's time for me to replace it. I'm wondering whether I can replace it with something better than an E1. My criteria are:
- Has a controller like the E1 that I could pin to my belt or similar- preferably a better-designed one
- Isn't a massive brick- could be slightly bigger than the E1 but must be smaller than my iPod!
- Works with the iPod 5G's standard 30-pin connector NOT the headphone socket, which is broken
- Sounds adequate- doesn't have to sound better than the E1
- Less than about £100/$150
Does such a thing actually exist? I've been scouring these forums and the rest of the Internet for one, and not managed to find one yet.