New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V moda crossfade m100

post #1 of 47
Thread Starter 
I wanted to ask you guys if the v modas m100 are good for rap/hiphop. When i say rap or hip hop i dont mean the heavy bass songs i mean the rap songs where its all about tbe lyrics. Do you guys recommend them? And how do you conpare the
To the ATH M50s
post #2 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMV View Post

I wanted to ask you guys if the v modas m100 are good for rap/hiphop. When i say rap or hip hop i dont mean the heavy bass songs i mean the rap songs where its all about tbe lyrics. Do you guys recommend them? And how do you conpare the
To the ATH M50s

They are great for rap and hip-hop. Clarity while also having strong bass is one of the M-100's biggest strengths. They destroy the ATH-M50s. Especially through an amp.

post #3 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

They are great for rap and hip-hop. Clarity while also having strong bass is one of the M-100's biggest strengths. They destroy the ATH-M50s. Especially through an amp.

+1, though they don't 'destroy' the m50 imo. If all you like is rap and hip hop, theres nothing better than the m100... period.  Any more detail, your going to hear stuff you didn't want to hear.

post #4 of 47

the m100s are amazing. i mainly listened to stuff to electronic stuff like dub and psychedelic through them it was great.  

post #5 of 47

however imo it is a disaster if you don't have an amp for it...

post #6 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

+1, though they don't 'destroy' the m50 imo. If all you like is rap and hip hop, theres nothing better than the m100... period.  Any more detail, your going to hear stuff you didn't want to hear.
The M100 are a muddled mess in the mid range. They sound so bad in that area that they are so hard to recommend. I love my M100 they are so good looking and portable that I bring them everywhere. The m50 though is a much cleaner, more musical headphone with good bass. The M100 have more bass with similar quality and a less sharp high but the mid range is so bad that they sound like it's coming from a tunnel and it's just muddy. It also isn't also very musical it's thin sounding apart from the bass. For this reason I couldn't recommend them over the v modas.
Edited by Primetime86 - 11/14/13 at 12:12am
post #7 of 47

From my research the Audio Technica's are obviously geared more towards the producers while the V MODA's are just geared towards the listeners for pure enjoyment. 

post #8 of 47
They are studio monitors but that doesn't mean they are not geared towards music. I own them too, and they are more musical than the M100due to the midrange and more lively sound.
post #9 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetually View Post
 

however imo it is a disaster if you don't have an amp for it...

Could you elaborate on that? I don't own an amp, but I think the M100s sound fantastic without one. I'm still debating whether to grab an amp for christmas.

post #10 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetually View Post
 

however imo it is a disaster if you don't have an amp for it...

Wtf? i dont know how the M100 is a disaster without an amp, if is designed to be portable ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvtn View Post
 

Could you elaborate on that? I don't own an amp, but I think the M100s sound fantastic without one. I'm still debating whether to grab an amp for christmas.

I had the opportunity to listen the M100 WITHOUT an amp and regardless it have a bass heavy sound, it have good clarity and details, the mids it have are not THAT bad but are somewhat recessed for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime86 View Post

They are studio monitors but that doesn't mean they are not geared towards music. I own them too, and they are more musical than the M100due to the midrange and more lively sound.
Disagree.
post #11 of 47

M-100 is not hard to drive.I would use that money on a DX50. It has a good amp section on board and makes the M-100 sing. Loving the combo.

post #12 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan1894 View Post
 

Wtf? i dont know how the M100 is a disaster without an amp, if is designed to be portable ...

I had the opportunity to listen the M100 WITHOUT an amp and regardless it have a bass heavy sound, it have good clarity and details, the mids it have are not THAT bad but are somewhat recessed for me.

I know it is designed to be portable.. I've listened to it and it's just like what Primetime86 says, it sounds really muddy. I tried both the M100 and Momentum with my itouch and you can tell the difference when you first put them on. The momentum with an itouch sounds pretty clear but the M100 sounds just like it needs a more powerful player or an amp. 

post #13 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetually View Post
 

I know it is designed to be portable.. I've listened to it and it's just like what Primetime86 says, it sounds really muddy. I tried both the M100 and Momentum with my itouch and you can tell the difference when you first put them on. The momentum with an itouch sounds pretty clear but the M100 sounds just like it needs a more powerful player or an amp.

That's can't be, I think something is wrong with your M-100.


Edited by DrSheep - 11/15/13 at 5:41am
post #14 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

That's can't be, I think something is wrong with your M-100.

+1, Did you buy it from an authorized dealer?

post #15 of 47
I don't know why people are surprised by the muddy sound. Having owned top midfi phones you really hear the difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home