Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Any news about fiio e17 successor fiio e19?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any news about fiio e17 successor fiio e19?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 

Hi everyone,

I was reading the thread about the new fiio e18. In it there was mention of a new fiio e17 successor the e19.

But i cant find any mention of this product anywhere else on the fiio site or head-fi.

Has it been cancelled or delayed, or is the e18 now the e17 replacement?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Greetings, Anouk,

post #2 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anouk View Post
 

Hi everyone,

I was reading the thread about the new fiio e18. In it there was mention of a new fiio e17 successor the e19.

But i cant find any mention of this product anywhere else on the fiio site or head-fi.

Has it been cancelled or delayed, or is the e18 now the e17 replacement?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Greetings, Anouk,

 

sorry, we have decided to cancel the E19, but we will release E17K in next year.  the main reason is that our X3/X5 already supports USB DAC in 192k/24bit mode and X3 is just $200.

 

I think there are not need to develop a 192k/24bit USB DAC at this price.

post #3 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

I think there are not need to develop a 192k/24bit USB DAC at this price.

Those of us with the E9/E09K would definitely appreciate further iterations, my E17 jumps between being docked and strapped to a mobile device several times a week :)

post #4 of 27

James a few questions if you can answer them yet.

1. will the e17k have a warm and bassy sound like the e17/x3 or will it be more neutral and transparent like the e12/x5

2. will the inputs be the same as e17 ie. usb, aux, coax/optical

3. will you be using a better dac chip like the ess 9018-2m as you planned with e19.

4. will it have dsd playback.

post #5 of 27
Will we ever get a usb dac that works with a windows phone James "
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatPhilDude View Post

James a few questions if you can answer them yet.
1. will the e17k have a warm and bassy sound like the e17/x3 or will it be more neutral and transparent like the e12/x5
2. will the inputs be the same as e17 ie. usb, aux, coax/optical
3. will you be using a better dac chip like the ess 9018-2m as you planned with e19.
4. will it have dsd playback.

+1 for the above questions smily_headphones1.gif

If it is using E12 amp + X5 DAC, no doubt I will sell my current FiiO stack for it just to make things simple for me xD
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

sorry, we have decided to cancel the E19, but we will release E17K in next year.  the main reason is that our X3/X5 already supports USB DAC in 192k/24bit mode and X3 is just $200.

 

I think there are not need to develop a 192k/24bit USB DAC at this price.


What are the advantages of E17K supposed to be?

And did I understand correctly that it won't support 192k/24b over USB?

post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatPhilDude View Post
 

James a few questions if you can answer them yet.

1. will the e17k have a warm and bassy sound like the e17/x3 or will it be more neutral and transparent like the e12/x5

2. will the inputs be the same as e17 ie. usb, aux, coax/optical

3. will you be using a better dac chip like the ess 9018-2m as you planned with e19.

4. will it have dsd playback.

 

1, more neutral and transparent like E18.

 

2, yes,

 

3, Not 9018-2m or WM8740, 

 

3, sorry not. 

post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


What are the advantages of E17K supposed to be?

And did I understand correctly that it won't support 192k/24b over USB?

 

more slim and cheaper, and yes, it will not support 192k/24b.

post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

1, more neutral and transparent like E18.

2, yes,

3, Not 9018-2m or WM8740, 

3, sorry not. 

In the future will there be a new line from FiiO that support 192/k/24b and DSD?

Thanks,
Billson smily_headphones1.gif
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


In the future will there be a new line from FiiO that support 192/k/24b and DSD?

Thanks,
Billson smily_headphones1.gif

 

this will be done by our DAPs but not DAC. the cost difference is not so big . 

post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post

this will be done by our DAPs but not DAC. the cost difference is not so big . 

FiiO X5!!!!
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

 

1, more neutral and transparent like E18.

 

2, yes,

 

3, Not 9018-2m or WM8740, 

 

3, sorry not. 

I'm confused - isn't E17 already using WM8740?

post #14 of 27

Hi James, is there any aprox. release date? Thanks :)

post #15 of 27

Hi James,

 

I've been waiting for the next iteration of my E17 too! I've been using it for more than 1 year now and I'm extremely impressed in what it can offer (both quality and technology) with that amount of price. However, I am looking to upgrade my E17 and very sad because E19 is cancelled. I was extremely looking forward to E19 and I'm 100% sure that there is a market for that (a big one too)! 

May I know how big will the difference be between E17 and E17K since I'm looking for substantial upgrade? And when will it be released? Thanks  and really hope to hear from you soon!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Any news about fiio e17 successor fiio e19?