Oh, and a big thank you to Brunk for suggesting the JRiver linked outputs, and to everybody else for their contributions of hardware and support. Hard to believe, but it looks like this crazy idea is going to work. Now maybe I can get some sleep tonight.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAnedio D2 DACtagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productBenchmark DAC2 HGCtagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productB.M.C. PureDACtagged by AudioMan612, 2/22/15
- productChord Chordette QuteHD DACtagged by AudioMan612, 2/22/15
- productDangerous Music Sourcetagged by AudioMan612, 12/17/14
- productEmotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DACtagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productEmotiva XDA-1tagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productGrace Design m903 reference headphone amplifier / DACtagged by AudioMan612, 1/11/15
- productLynx Hilotagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13More
- productMatrix X-Sabre DACtagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productMetrum Acoustics Octavetagged by AudioMan612, 2/22/15
- productNAD M51 DACtagged by AudioMan612, 2/22/15
- productResonessence Labs Concerotagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productSchiit Gungnirtagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productTelex 300104-801 OH-4v Odyssey Headphonetagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
- productYulong Audio Sabre DA8tagged by dbsaffor, 11/12/13
Related Forum Threads
- Purchasing LCD-X Amp DAC Suggestions. Last post on 5/31/14 at 11:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Alternatives to Audiolab M-DAC? Last post on 4/26/13 at 10:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions Last post on Today at 6:22 am in Dedicated Source Components
- Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. Last post on 10/28/16 at 4:44pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Campfire Audio Vega – initial impressions As you will know if you read my recent review on the Lyra II, I have recently been lucky enough to get the chance to hear the three newest models...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison - Page 32
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They are pretty close to in sync. To the point where I can toggle through the switch and hear almost continuous music. Not quite, but that's okay. Again, this isn't an A/B blind test. I just want to be able to go back and forth periodically and check what I thought I heard, without having to disconnect and reconnect etc.
Now back to volume matching -- the difference in volumes as I toggled was pretty obvious,so it is going to be important to at least try to level them out as I switch back and forth. Good news is that a bunch of these DACs have volume controls.
I hit the "analyze" button, and it did something... (I think I heard it giggling and saying nasty things about my music collection).
It's snowing here. UPS does not have a "Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow" policy. I expect they will try to deliver Monday or Tuesday which is fine. Right now I am concentrating on burning in the new DACs anyway...
AND I HAVE 7 DACS RUNNING, LINKED AND BURNING IN AS I WRITE THIS
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!... (Click to show)
Now I know how Dr. Frankenstein felt.
I've had to do several workarounds: JRiver and the Emo have a serious disagreement about what that DAC wants to be fed (WASAPI? WASAPI? You're trying to feed me WASAPI? I told you WASABI, with a "B" you idiot"), and one of the USB 2.0 ports just doesn't like audio devices. There have also been a few data hiccups, likely due to taxing the bus. But it seems to have stabilized now.
To get to 7 units producing sound I'm using both the Yulong with the TBI driving the Diamond speakers and the Benchmark feeding the Koss E-90 driving the ESP-950s. The other 5 DACS are feeding into the 5-in-one switch to the Cyclops and LCD-3s. The switch works well, by the way. No obvious cross talk, though I really haven't had time to do any careful testing. At this point the whole idea is to burn in all of these DACs so I can start testing during the week. Otherwise my schedule goes down the drain.
As I sit back and look at all of this stuff with electrons flowing through it I think my electricity bill is going to be about the same as New York City's next month. Oh well, anything for the cause, I guess.
I'll upload a picture later. I'll have to use my work computer because I have no open USB ports on this one to plug the phone into.
Wooooohooooooo! And we're off!
This also goes back to my earlier post, if needed you can use JRiver's 64-bit volume control. Right-click on the volume slider to get to the corresponding option you need.
Here's something else you might like. A way to remove duplicate files. It's not totally perfect at grabbing all of them, but it ensures that hi-res and different masters are not considered duplicates.How to remove duplicates (Click to show)
Press 'F9' to create a smartlist. Label the Smartlist as "Duplicates". Next, press the import/export button. Next, copy/paste this text verbatim into the blank field.
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~dup=[Album],[Artist],[Duration],[File Size],[Name] ~nodup=[Album],[Artist],[Duration],[File Size],[Name]
Next, hit 'OK', then hit 'OK' again. This will spit out a list of all duplicates, with the "keepers" omitted from the list. Select all by pressing ctrl+a and then press 'delete' and select the 'delete from library and send to recycle bin' option.
Then all you have to do is is check on the list once a while to keep things tidy :)
- December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 6 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 20 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Canada, USA] - Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Multibit DAC (Black finish) 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear