- 4 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Grado SR80e vs Beyerdynamic dt880 Last post on 9/10/14 at 5:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grattle or damage in sr80i? Last post on 6/10/14 at 11:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80 over ATH-M50? Last post on 6/22/14 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Upgrading from my Gradio sr80i to a close back headphones with a $300 budget.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a Fiio combo E07K/E09K and I'm looking to upgrade from my Gradio sr80I to a close back headphones with a $300 budget. I was checking out the ATH M50 but I also like the Mad dog. Questions about the Planar Magnetic headphones, are they really that heavy, is there a real big difference in sound and are they easy to drive? I play a lot of R&B, Jazz and some hip hop .I like some bass but I'm not a bass head.
The FiiO E09K and E07K combo is a very solid choice and should be able to drive majority of high impedance headphones to decent volume. Just a few question though: is there anything that you like and dislike about the Grado? Hope you didn't drive it using the E09K because of it's high output impedance [10Ohm]. Also, the headphone that you are planning to buy will be used outdoor or indoor only?
Hope it helps
Is that USD 300? There are a lot of great options out there for closed-back HPs. You can take a look at innfidelity's wall of fame as a reference.
I'm using the V-Moda M-100's now and I love them but they tend to be bass heavy so they may not be your cup of tea. But the mids and treble are all clear and sound great. The NAD HP50 seems to be getting a lot of great reviews. I'd look into that one now if I had $300 to spend on HPs.
I have the M50s but I'm not a big fan. They have too much of a V shape sound. The mids go MIA on me and that treble could really destroy somebody's hearing.
The Mad Dogs are interesting because you can upgrade them to the Alpha Dogs later on.
Check the deals thread here.
The Sennheiser Amperior is going for $160 at Newegg. I just placed my order!
CURSE YOU HEAD-FI!!!
- Upgrading from my Gradio sr80i to a close back headphones with a $300 budget.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 second ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 32 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › 3rd Party HD 5x8 Replacement something to worry about? 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 ohm, Very Good condition 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)