- 4 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for rock and electronic? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Grattle or damage in sr80i? Last post on 6/10/14 at 11:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR60i vs SR80i Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR80 over ATH-M50? Last post on 6/22/14 at 12:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones under 100 EUR Last post on 5/24/14 at 12:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Upgrading from my Gradio sr80i to a close back headphones with a $300 budget.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have a Fiio combo E07K/E09K and I'm looking to upgrade from my Gradio sr80I to a close back headphones with a $300 budget. I was checking out the ATH M50 but I also like the Mad dog. Questions about the Planar Magnetic headphones, are they really that heavy, is there a real big difference in sound and are they easy to drive? I play a lot of R&B, Jazz and some hip hop .I like some bass but I'm not a bass head.
The FiiO E09K and E07K combo is a very solid choice and should be able to drive majority of high impedance headphones to decent volume. Just a few question though: is there anything that you like and dislike about the Grado? Hope you didn't drive it using the E09K because of it's high output impedance [10Ohm]. Also, the headphone that you are planning to buy will be used outdoor or indoor only?
Hope it helps
Is that USD 300? There are a lot of great options out there for closed-back HPs. You can take a look at innfidelity's wall of fame as a reference.
I'm using the V-Moda M-100's now and I love them but they tend to be bass heavy so they may not be your cup of tea. But the mids and treble are all clear and sound great. The NAD HP50 seems to be getting a lot of great reviews. I'd look into that one now if I had $300 to spend on HPs.
I have the M50s but I'm not a big fan. They have too much of a V shape sound. The mids go MIA on me and that treble could really destroy somebody's hearing.
The Mad Dogs are interesting because you can upgrade them to the Alpha Dogs later on.
Check the deals thread here.
The Sennheiser Amperior is going for $160 at Newegg. I just placed my order!
CURSE YOU HEAD-FI!!!
- Upgrading from my Gradio sr80i to a close back headphones with a $300 budget.
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: SmartPower. Please feed the... 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for laying in bed? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Possible alternative choice to Audeze LCD 2 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)