Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-X - Page 4

post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

 

Agreed that the LCD-X would be a better match for your Lyr 2. 

That's good to know.  I just pulled the trigger on the Audeze LCD-X's earlier.  Can't wait!:dt880smile: 


Edited by Xoen - 1/26/15 at 6:24pm
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoen View Post
 

That's good to know.  I just pulled the trigger on the Audeze LCD-X's earlier.  Can't wait!:dt880smile: 

 

I do prefer the LCD-X over the HD800s (except for maybe classical/orchestral music) and orthos + Lyr is usually a winning combination! Congrats!

post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

 

I do prefer the LCD-X over the HD800s (except for maybe classical/orchestral music) and orthos + Lyr is usually a winning combination! Congrats!

Thank you!  It's a damn good feeling!   Hopefully, it'll be worth it.  :beerchug::beyersmile:

post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoen View Post
 

Thank you!  It's a damn good feeling!   Hopefully, it'll be worth it.  :beerchug::beyersmile:

 

I'm a big fan of the LCD-X...I think you'll be very happy with them over your current headphones! They are in my top 5 headphones of all time.

post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

 

I'm a big fan of the LCD-X...I think you'll be very happy with them over your current headphones! They are in my top 5 headphones of all time.

Sweet!  Well, they're supposed to come in hopefully sometime this week so I can probably put in my impressions (after some ample burn-in time of course) with my current amp/DAC setup.  I'm already considering a cable upgrade for them in the near future.  I'm looking at WyWires or Moon-Audio's Silver/Black Dragons.  

post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoen View Post
 

Sweet!  Well, they're supposed to come in hopefully sometime this week so I can probably put in my impressions (after some ample burn-in time of course) with my current amp/DAC setup.  I'm already considering a cable upgrade for them in the near future.  I'm looking at WyWires or Moon-Audio's Silver/Black Dragons.  

 

Their original cables are quite good too. Between the Silver Dragons and Q Silk Cable, I prefer the latter.

post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

 

Agreed that the LCD-X would be a better match for your Lyr 2. 

That's good to know.  I just pulled the trigger on the Audeze LCD-X's earlier.  Can't wait!:dt880smile: 

 

aside from the slight hum the lyr has ,noticeable withe lcd-x ( not with the T1).

it is a nice combi.

 

 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-X