I'm quite new (brand new, in fact) to the whole world of high end headphones, and was hoping you could provide some assistance as I make my first selection on a pair of "real" headphones. Thank you for your time and opinions!
Things I would like from a pair of headphones:
1) Closed design, so that music does not leak out.
2) Noise cancellation is not necessary. A little damping or attenuation of the outside world would be nice, but I by no means need a noise "blackout".
3) I'd like them to be circumaural in design (fully sealed and partially sealed are both fine). (I don't really like on-ear headphones that much, they are just not comfortable to me)
3b) Pretty much a given, but I'm hoping to find a comfortable pair that I can wear for a few hours at a time and not really notice them.
4) I listen to a wide variety of music. Pretty much anything but rap and metal, but I do still like bass in electronic music and hope to find some headphones that are good with the low end of the spectrum. I would rather have something that is 4 stars across the board than 5 stars in bass, and 3 stars in mids and highs though.
5) I'd prefer headphones that can operate well without a dedicated headphone amp, though I may add one down the road.
6) Oh yes, and of course, budget. I'd like to stay under $100, but might be able to stretch to $150.
Yikes, I'm picky. I don't know, perhaps headphones of this sort don't exist in my price range, but if any do or come close, would you provide a recommendation? Thanks in advance!
(and honestly, almost anything will probably be better than my current headphones, a pair of no-name VRDH200, which I included here just for fun.)