Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V Moda100
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V Moda100 - Page 2

post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

The way you describe the M-100 sound signature almost sounds like the description of the LP2 sound. Maybe you got a defective unit. Most reviews say the M-100 has a recessed mid-range, but almost none say the mids sound bad. Now I'm very curious about your M-100.

I own three pairs, White, Matte black(My fav) and Shadow. My units are fine, I also own the LP1 and 2. There are plenty of review out there that explain about the Muddled mid range. 

 

here's a good honest review from a reputable person http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/v-moda-m-100-review.html

 

It's weird because the M100 sound great for dubstep, but any anything folk, acoustic and rock sounds like junk IMO

post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout363 View Post


Well price range would be no more than 100 or 150 $ and sound signature would be a headphone with nice plenty of bass but wihtout distortioning or taking the whole show and overall just decent to awsome sound. And thank you in advanze smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe the Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition or Gr06

post #18 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime86 View Post

The M100 bass over powers the mids to the point they sound bad so I think you are looking into the wrong headphones.

Well I really wouldn't have such a problem with them since I'm a basshead and im not really the kind of person that is used to a high end headphone.But thanks ;]
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan1894 View Post

Maybe the Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition or Gr06

Checked them both, really weird design but price is very considerable, especially on the Gr06 .Reviews I've read state that these headphones are underprice and a great step up from apple's headphones.Now can you give any personal opinions on the Jaybirds Blue Buds X ? and which one you rather buy as a regular consumer? Thanks in advanzed and for youre nice suggestions smily_headphones1.gif
post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

The way you describe the M-100 sound signature almost sounds like the description of the LP2 sound. Maybe you got a defective unit. Most reviews say the M-100 has a recessed mid-range, but almost none say the mids sound bad. Now I'm very curious about your M-100.

It could also be also the way he likes his music, I mean not everyone enjoys the same sound signature,some are bassheads, some like midrange and some like it all balanced.It all depends on youre sound signature preference, or he could have a defective unit.
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout363 View Post


It could also be also the way he likes his music, I mean not everyone enjoys the same sound signature,some are bassheads, some like midrange and some like it all balanced.It all depends on youre sound signature preference, or he could have a defectnive unit.

Could be that, I base my opinion on my music taste. I do find them good for pure electronic music with a lot of boom boom. I do find them very overpriced though for that purpose, I think phones like the Mix Master Mike do a better job and are more versatile and cheaper but the Modas are sexay.

post #22 of 26

Could be I've been using the M-100s exclusively for too long. I'll find some time to play with other headphones and see if I can find a similar fault. I'm at the Apple Store in Grand Central station and they finally have a demo unit of the B&W P7 and it has a channel imbalance. I think it's a faulty audio cable. Also, the Beats Studio 2013 edition are out of batteries. At least the B&O H6 works, but besides their almost complete lack of bass, the midrange sounded about on par with the M-100. What is a headphone with a midrange that far superior to the M-100?

post #23 of 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackout363 View Post


Checked them both, really weird design but price is very considerable, especially on the Gr06 .Reviews I've read state that these headphones are underprice and a great step up from apple's headphones.Now can you give any personal opinions on the Jaybirds Blue Buds X ? and which one you rather buy as a regular consumer? Thanks in advanzed and for youre nice suggestions smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah the design is over ear, but is very comfortable. The price is about $65-80 for the GR06. Sorry i cant give any comment of this Jaybirds, I have never heard it 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

Could be I've been using the M-100s exclusively for too long. I'll find some time to play with other headphones and see if I can find a similar fault. I'm at the Apple Store in Grand Central station and they finally have a demo unit of the B&W P7 and it has a channel imbalance. I think it's a faulty audio cable. Also, the Beats Studio 2013 edition are out of batteries. At least the B&O H6 works, but besides their almost complete lack of bass, the midrange sounded about on par with the M-100. What is a headphone with a midrange that far superior to the M-100?

The V-Moda M80, Sennheiser Hd558, Sennheiser Momentum, Sennheiser HD439, Sony Mdr-1R

post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan1894 View Post
 

The V-Moda M80, Sennheiser Hd558, Sennheiser Momentum, Sennheiser HD439, Sony Mdr-1R

I have the M-80. The midrange is more forward, but it's not "far superior." At least it doesn't make the M-100 sound "muddled" by comparison.

 

mud·dled
ˈmədld/
adjective
adjective: muddled
  1. 1.
    in a state of bewildered or bewildering confusion or disorder.
    "misplaced suggestions and muddled thinking"
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post
 

I have the M-80. The midrange is more forward, but it's not "far superior." At least it doesn't make the M-100 sound "muddled" by comparison.

 

mud·dled
ˈmədld/
adjective
adjective: muddled
  1. 1.
    in a state of bewildered or bewildering confusion or disorder.
    "misplaced suggestions and muddled thinking"

 

Ah sorry, now i understand. Removes only the M80 from my list.

post #26 of 26
Your answer is muddled.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › V Moda100