The box it came it is meant to double as a case. It may be cardboard but it is fine to use.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productthinksound ms01-gunchoc ms01 In-ear Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productthinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphonetagged by cristina, 12/6/13
- productThinksound ts02 + Mic 8mm In-Ear High Dfinition Wooden Noise Isolating Headphone blk/choctagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- IEM under $150 for Alternative Rock Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an upgrade from Nuforce NE-700M Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs ~$100 Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinksound on1 Supraaural Headphone: My Impressions Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinksound MS01 Review Last post on 10/6/13 at 10:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
New supraaural headphones from Thinksound: On1. - Page 6post #76 of 812/4/14 at 12:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 812/4/14 at 5:46pmQuote:
Definitely appreciate that double usage, but am looking more for a bag-like case, where the edges are less square but rigid enough to protect the headphones (which should be minimal, the way it's built).
Congratulations, btw, these are sounding great so far in my limited listening time! What are your personal thoughts on burn-in?post #78 of 812/10/14 at 12:34pmJust want to give a shout out to thinksound. Wow, what customer service! It just further reinforces my sound decision to go with these cans. Not only do they sound great, are highly portable, but they come with an excellent company who backs up their product.
Btw, I put on some Rodrigo Y Gabriela and man, do they go well with these. Every pluck of the strings is discernible and tone sounds pitch perfect.
I did also find an extra carrying case from Slappa that fit these guys perfectly, for those looking for an alternative to carrying them around.
Again, kudos to Aaron and his team. Just a great all-around fun set of headphones!post #79 of 812/14/14 at 8:04pm
Just received my On1. I'm impressed with the amount of thought put into the packaging. First, there''s a "tear here" sign that makes opening the USPS cardboard package easy. Then there's a small loop attached to Thinksound's packaging at where the USPS package opens. So the Thinksound box just pulls out easily.
The care and attention to details show, so well done.post #80 of 812/20/14 at 3:41pm
Just got these and they sound really good so far without burn in. Great balanced tonality, separation and soundstage. The soundstage in particular is not only big for an on ear but seems to be very realistic - its easy to place where sounds are coming from. Bass, mids and treble seem to be in proper proportion to each other. Wooden instruments like upright bass, acoustic or non-distorted electric guitar and piano sound absolutely sublime. If I had to sum them up in a word it would be "effortless".
My only dings on them sound wise is that they don't really give you the bite needed for some metallic sounding instruments like sax, trumpet and distorted guitar. Just a little too smooth. I wonder if they do wood better than metal because they're made of wood rather than metal? Also, sub-bass seems a little loose. The lack of bite on metallic instruments probably isn't helped by my source, the warm sounding X3.
They seem very comfortable for an on ear, but it remains to be seen if they'll hold up comfort wise for the 4 hour long sessions I need them for.
The plastic attachment between the cups and the headband seems a little flimsy/vulnerable, but I haven't heard any reports of it breaking so hopefully looks are deceiving.
They do everything better than the Onkyo ES300s except getting that metallic bite and maybe sub-bass tightness. They do everything better than the SoundMagic HP100s except perhaps expansive orchestral pieces like Arvo Part's Tabula Rasa.
Best sounding track so far (sounds absolutely amazing):
Worst sounding track so far (doesn't capture the screeching, earth reverberating bite of Pharaoh's sax)
Edited by Stuff Jones - 2/20/14 at 4:02pmpost #81 of 812/25/14 at 7:34pm
I've been listening to these a lot every day. They are amazing for wood based instruments or voice. String quartets, piano trios, bossa nova, classical guitar all sound great.
However the plastic pieces on both sides that connects the plastic part of the headband to the metal part have cracked and so they're going back.
I'm not sure why a 300 dollar headphone uses such cheap plastic attachments.
- New supraaural headphones from Thinksound: On1.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 57 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 13 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 5 minutes ago
- › Soundstage for gaming 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude