- 399 Posts. Joined 2/2005
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productthinksound ms01tagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productthinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphonetagged by cristina, 12/6/13
- productThinksound ts02 + Mic 8mm In-Ear High Dfinition Wooden Noise Isolating Headphone blk/choctagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- new to iems need some advice Last post on 5/26/13 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM under $150 for Alternative Rock Last post on 3/10/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an upgrade from Nuforce NE-700M Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs ~$100 Last post on 9/10/12 at 8:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable headphone decision..... That Planar sound...on the go! Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:03pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
New supraaural headphones from Thinksound: On1. - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
cool thanks for the tip. I am intrigued to try them, as the original pads get a little bit too warm in the summer. Did Tyll also say something about change of sound using the velour pads, compared to the original?
Picked up a pair of these from a little while ago as they were on sale for an amazing price in my country.
I really love their sound, and pairing it with Meridian Explorer for a great combo! A slight EQ down in base and up in treble make them really sing.
I must say that the build quality is rather sub par for the price, and the ear cups seem to be rather easily nicked, which is disappointing. Overall I'm very impressed with the sound, but now I've got an itch for an open back pair of phones!
I have had these for a while now and i use them twice a daw during my 1h+1h commute. So, a long time. Been through the plastic clip replacement (early models, excellent customer support from Thinksound), and now through earpad replacement (got it in 2 days from the US to Europe !).
Before these i had a lot of other portable earphones including the very great Audio Technica ESW9. Having woodies at home i know how wood sounds so much better than plastic or anything else for that matter, so the ESW9 was a natural choice, but that plastic part holding the earcups ended up broken before too long :(
Looking for another woody that would suit me but not break up after intensive usage (i use them on the tram, train, plane..) found reviews of these interesting earphones. They look maybe not as refined as the "earsuits" from AT, but still practical and the wood grain is a nice touch.
I submit them to a lot of daily torture and so far they are holding quite well, the torn earpad was my fault. The braided cables are definitely a no-walk proposition as any movement will be heard clearly, for people who want to walk around with these better get a rubber cable instead.
Cable microphonics aside, they are quite good sounding for small on-ear portable thingies. They give a good, wide sound reproduction with rich and clear bass, and everything up to cymbals is there and accounted for. Of course dont expect the scene wideness of sedentary open-back monsters or the pure clarity of amplified full size woodies.. these are just on-ear small earcups ! Once you adjust your expectations (like not having perfect sound in a noisy, crowded commute...) they are impressive. As far as portable+foldable earphones go, i tried a lot of things, they are clearly on top, even the ESW9 is not as good.
I listen to metal, stoner/doom, classic, blues and electronica. I see no weak point sound wise for these headphones on any of these styles of music.
Oh and double thumbs up for the customer support, really premium. Just for that, they deserve more sales. Go for it, you wont be disappointed.
PS @Thinksound: for the ON2, please replace those plastic thingies holding the rotation axis for the cups, with proper metal. These are clearly a weak point.
Edited by Surefoot - 7/19/15 at 2:46pm
Please note: Try before you buy. Fit on these over ear headphones can be very uncomfortable. I can wear my Sennheiser Momentums for numerous hours without an issue. The On1 deliver a serious top of the head hot spot in very little time.
- New supraaural headphones from Thinksound: On1.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 58 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 6 minutes ago
- › New on head-fi 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3