Can you compares IEMs with full-size headphones? I was wondering if a comparison could be made with the Etymotic ER 4 S and the LCD 2, HE 6, HE 500. Its really the sound you're comparing. I think ergonomics might come second, after the sound. Anyway, I hope some kind of roundup could be done.
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/11/13
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 11/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'e done my due diligence so far......... Last post on 11/13/13 at 6:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I don't know which forum to post this, so here goes..... Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a big brother to my LCD2.2 and HE-500s! Last post on 10/6/13 at 5:30pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone: $1000 Last post on 4/16/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
I don't know where to post this, so here goes.....post #1 of 211/6/13 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 211/7/13 at 6:43am
A short answer will be no, you can't make a proper comparison due, mostly to perception, coherence and soundstage. Music listened through IEMs is not relaxing side by side against over the ears.
Some IEMs might share a common signature with their full sizes counterparts, but the sound won't be interpreted in the same way precisely for the distances between the drivers and the ear drum.
Hope it helpsReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I don't know where to post this, so here goes.....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 10 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 15 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 32 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2