Can you compares IEMs with full-size headphones? I was wondering if a comparison could be made with the Etymotic ER 4 S and the LCD 2, HE 6, HE 500. Its really the sound you're comparing. I think ergonomics might come second, after the sound. Anyway, I hope some kind of roundup could be done.
- productAudeze LCD2 Rev. 2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/11/13
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 11/11/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I'e done my due diligence so far......... Last post on 11/13/13 at 6:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I don't know which forum to post this, so here goes..... Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a big brother to my LCD2.2 and HE-500s! Last post on 10/6/13 at 5:30pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone: $1000 Last post on 4/16/13 at 1:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
I don't know where to post this, so here goes.....post #1 of 211/6/13 at 8:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 211/7/13 at 6:43am
A short answer will be no, you can't make a proper comparison due, mostly to perception, coherence and soundstage. Music listened through IEMs is not relaxing side by side against over the ears.
Some IEMs might share a common signature with their full sizes counterparts, but the sound won't be interpreted in the same way precisely for the distances between the drivers and the ear drum.
Hope it helpsReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I don't know where to post this, so here goes.....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 16 seconds ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 33 seconds ago
- › PROAC RESPONSE D1 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › Fit Ear High End Hibrid IEM Titan 1 minute ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 7 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 8 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...