Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Purity Sound vs Asus Xonar vs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Purity Sound vs Asus Xonar vs

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, 

 

Well im just a bit confused to choose whats the best sound card for my needs, i can tell you guys 60% time on my pc i play some games and the other 40% for music, i do know there is alot of great combos for audiophiles but really expensive for me right now, i wont spend that money until dezember or q1 2014, so here is my options to combo with my Sennheiser pc 360/380pro ;

 

Purity Sound (asrock new onboard sound)

 

Purity Sound is a combination of several hardware, software audio solutions and technologies that will satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles. Including 7.1 CH HD audio with Realtek ALC1150 audio codec, 115dB SNR DAC with Differential Amplifier, TI® 5532 Premium Headset Amplifier which supports up to 600 ohm headphones, cap less Direct Drive technology, EMI shielding cover, PCB isolate shielding and support for DTS Connect.

 

http://www.asrock.com/mb/sticker/8o-PuritySound115dB-Desc3.jpg

 

http://www.asrock.com/mb/sticker/8o-PuritySound115dB-Desc.gif

 

This frequency response chart is tested under 32 ohm loading to simulate normal headphones. It indicates how traditional audio solution’s frequency response drops drastically at low frequencies, while Purity Sound™ maintains its frequency response and provides better bass with the TI® NE5532 amplifier.

 

http://www.asrock.com/mb/sticker/8o-PuritySound115dB-Desc4.jpg

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

- Asus Xonar DG (has an amp)

 

- Asus Xonar DX (processor pci-e)

 

 

 

What do u guys think about this options!?

 

Thanks,

 

Cheers


Edited by JohnClosed - 11/5/13 at 10:10am
post #2 of 5

So you do not yet have the Asrock motherboard?

So your trying to decide between getting the Asrock motherboard or Xonar sound card?

post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 

I did try the onboard audio and seems ok ( the sound quality is something like my audiy SE but without amp for my headphones) So im looking to upgrade my audigy SE to another level, and i just searched a bit and the  asus xonar DX sounds like the best option for me, but i would love to see some opinions from u guys,

 

Thanks once again, 

Cheers

post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnClosed View Post
 

I did try the on-board audio and seems ok ( the sound quality is something like my Audigy SE but without amp for my headphones) So I'm looking to upgrade my Audigy SE to another level, and i just searched a bit and the  Asus Xonar DX sounds like the best option for me, but i would love to see some opinions from u guys,

 

Thanks once again, 

Cheers


I would say to get the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z (SB1500), $100.

The Z has the same DAC chip (CS4398) as the DX and the SB-Z comes with a built in headphone amplifier

post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 

Well guys, 

 

I bought the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro 250ohm , currenctly im using it with the onboard sound (purity sound ) i tested with the audigy SE as well but for no reason seems the SE has an amp , wich i cant understand, it gives me a loud sound actually, but the new purity sound from the z87 board its better for bass i presume.

 

So what kinda options do i have to combo with the dt 990 pro,i really need a sound card with an amp ( i wont spend too much )

 

 

Thanks , 

 

Cheers*


Edited by JohnClosed - 11/25/13 at 1:48pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Purity Sound vs Asus Xonar vs