Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Nexus 5 Sound Quality?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nexus 5 Sound Quality? - Page 5

post #61 of 189

Thanks.

 

I'll lookup that thread, since it's a very interisting solution to have a dac working with the phone.

post #62 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by txlasho View Post

Hi,

I confirm, the sound quality on GN5 is good, but it's too low for me frown.gif 
There is fauxsound for that, the boost is really Nice! but it's not fully compatible yet as the settings doesnt stick for now.

1384895459196.jpg
Edited by Gunbuster - 11/19/13 at 1:18pm
post #63 of 189
Great news the last betas for faux kernel (03b05) and faux sound (1.1.2) fixed the issue (at least for the default presets, not the custom one, but i just use quality.) Finally enjoying powerful sound on my nexus 5 smily_headphones1.gif
post #64 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


I haven't received mine yet, but all Nexus devices should support USB OTG and that means that any DAC that worked before (there should be a thread somewhere around here with the ones that worked) should work with the Nexus 5. I'll try and confirm this when mine comes.

I've read the Nexus 5 supports USB OTG too but I can confirm that Apex Glacier and Fiio E18 do not work with my Nexus 5.

post #65 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyurMaster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

I haven't received mine yet, but all Nexus devices should support USB OTG and that means that any DAC that worked before (there should be a thread somewhere around here with the ones that worked) should work with the Nexus 5. I'll try and confirm this when mine comes.
I've read the Nexus 5 supports USB OTG too but I can confirm that Apex Glacier and Fiio E18 do not work with my Nexus 5.

Sadly I cannot test it as I have lost my USB OTG cable, but I'll test my friends Dragonfly when my new USB OTG gets here.
post #66 of 189
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


Sadly I cannot test it as I have lost my USB OTG cable, but I'll test my friends Dragonfly when my new USB OTG gets here.

 

Just tried my USB OTG cable with the Dragonfly.  It doesn't work.

post #67 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTone View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

Sadly I cannot test it as I have lost my USB OTG cable, but I'll test my friends Dragonfly when my new USB OTG gets here.

Just tried my USB OTG cable with the Dragonfly.  It doesn't work.

You're a crusher of my hopes and dreams. Driver issues maybe? Kit kat is a brand new OS.
post #68 of 189

I am able to turn the volume up to max, but wouldn't want to listen to it over any period of time on my 80Ohm HP's. So volume is sufficient for me. None the less i will take my fiio with me tomorow, to see if it further improves the great base this thing delivers.

hDDnd7

post #69 of 189
I will say that I think the Nexus 5 definitely needs an amp--opinion without testing fauxsound--because the volume only sounds like it's about 45% of what my laptop does and 75% of my Find 5/One S. I personally really like the sound signature of the Nexus 5 and the sound floor is absolutely silent. Hoping that FauxSound helps with volume but I'll probably just buy a portable amp--because they're smaller/slimmer--if I cannot get a dac to work with it.
post #70 of 189
This mod works pretty well with out the need for additional equalizers over stock and increases both Headphone and loudspeaker while maintain the Silent background

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47593101&postcount=1
post #71 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

I will say that I think the Nexus 5 definitely needs an amp--opinion without testing fauxsound--because the volume only sounds like it's about 45% of what my laptop does and 75% of my Find 5/One S. I personally really like the sound signature of the Nexus 5 and the sound floor is absolutely silent. Hoping that FauxSound helps with volume but I'll probably just buy a portable amp--because they're smaller/slimmer--if I cannot get a dac to work with it.

How are you gonna connect n5 to an amp as n5 has no line out?
post #72 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariano3113 View Post

This mod works pretty well with out the need for additional equalizers over stock and increases both Headphone and loudspeaker while maintain the Silent background

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47593101&postcount=1

 

I've used this and I can confirm it works.

post #73 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalletJH View Post

How are you gonna connect n5 to an amp as n5 has no line out?

Wut? Use a 3.5mm double sided cable and connect the audio out on the phone to the audio in on the portable amp and then connect the headphones to the amps audio out.
post #74 of 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


Wut? Use a 3.5mm double sided cable and connect the audio out on the phone to the audio in on the portable amp and then connect the headphones to the amps audio out.

 

This would be doubling amping, which might not be ideal.

post #75 of 189

Out of curiosity, what's behind the apparently persistent low volume of Nexus devices? I could barely watch Netflix on my Nexus 7 when in public--couldn't hear dialogue.

 

I swore off Google products after my experience with the 7, but the 5 is so attractive as hardware. This is real minimalism. It makes the iProducts seem frou-frou.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Nexus 5 Sound Quality?