Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for a good pair of headphone, need help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for a good pair of headphone, need help

Poll Results: Which headphone should I get?

 
  • 0% (0)
    Sony MDR-1R
  • 0% (0)
    V-moda Crossfade M10
  • 50% (1)
    Focal Spirit Proffesional
  • 50% (1)
    Sennheiser Momentum
2 Total Votes  
post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

Alright, so let me just start off by saying that I'm a new to this, I've been using my Apple Earpods that came with my iPhone and now looking for a good pair of headphone, I can extend my budget up to 400$, but no more than that, I've looked around and right now I'm torn between the Sennheiser Momentum, Focal Spirit Proffesional and V-moda Crossfade M-100 and the Sony MDR-1R, I listen to mostly Dubstep, Electronic, Acoustic, Pop, and Rap, I'll also need it to be durable since I'm planning to use it for 1-2 years so please tell me which one should I get and tell my why?

post #2 of 17
Hello,

I voted for the Sennheiser Momentum out of all as it comes closest to wait you need:
Good sub bass for dubstep, rap, electronic and pop (mid-bass mostly)
Excellent build quality and should probably last you more than 1-2years.
Well balanced and pretty good with acoustic
Best resolution of all

The M-100's recessed mids may not be good for acounstic because of recessed mids. The MDR-1R lacks deep sub bass for some genre of music.

Hope it helps!
Billson smily_headphones1.gif
post #3 of 17
Bro, do check out the new NAD HP-50...there is a thread on it.
I tested it briefly, sounds good for the genres u love.
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

Bro, do check out the new NAD HP-50...there is a thread on it.
I tested it briefly, sounds good for the genres u love.
How do they compare with the other headphones and if they're better, can you give me the reason?
post #5 of 17

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/i-love-these-headphonesthe-nad-viso-hp50

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646735/nad-viso-hp50-another-superb-headphone-from-paul-barton

 

I like the momentum for classicals, not the genre u like.

The Sony sounded "hollow" to my ears, 

Havent heard the Focal Prof, find the first Focal too aggressive.

Havent heard the M100.

post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/i-love-these-headphonesthe-nad-viso-hp50

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646735/nad-viso-hp50-another-superb-headphone-from-paul-barton

I like the momentum for classicals, not the genre u like.
The Sony sounded "hollow" to my ears, 
Havent heard the Focal Prof, find the first Focal too aggressive.
Havent heard the M100.
Are the NAD HP50 durable, because I'm problaly going to use it for 1-2 years so I need it to lasts
post #7 of 17

feels solid..smart looking. :P

post #8 of 17

If i had to choose between the 1R and the momentum, i'd go with the Sennheisers. Given your genres, it's a more fun sounding can  -while the Sony are more relaxed with an airy presentation. 

post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula1 View Post

If i had to choose between the 1R and the momentum, i'd go with the Sennheisers. Given your genres, it's a more fun sounding can  -while the Sony are more relaxed with an airy presentation. 
How about the V-moda and the NAD HP50?
post #10 of 17

Have you looked at the Shure SRH-940s? Just remember, in order to get the best sound from the headphones you should probably get a headphone amp, i recommend a Fiio e11, not very pricey but still good, also, you should probably change all your music files to FLAC if you have the time and space, makes a big improvement for the kind of headphones you are looking into.

post #11 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegravity View Post

Have you looked at the Shure SRH-940s? Just remember, in order to get the best sound from the headphones you should probably get a headphone amp, i recommend a Fiio e11, not very pricey but still good, also, you should probably change all your music files to FLAC if you have the time and space, makes a big improvement for the kind of headphones you are looking into.
I don't really like the design of the SRH 940
post #12 of 17

940 is great if u like to hear the shriekkk on the guitar strings...the bass is laccccking. 

 

 

======

 

are u able to get into the city n try some headfones...?

else its less ri$$sky buying off the buysell forum, n try it out for yourself. 

post #13 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

940 is great if u like to hear the shriekkk on the guitar strings...the bass is laccccking. 


======

are u able to get into the city n try some headfones...?
else its less ri$$sky buying off the buysell forum, n try it out for yourself. 
Sadly no, I would if I could but I can't since I live in Indonesia where there's no Headphone stores that let you try the headphones except for Jaben but the Jaben in Indonesia doesn't stock the headphones in the list, my cousin's buying the headphone for me from Australia since he's coming to Indonesia in Descember
post #14 of 17

ask your cousin to test it out then....:P

post #15 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

ask your cousin to test it out then....:P
He doesn't like to.listen to the genre I listen to so he can't really test it out.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Looking for a good pair of headphone, need help