Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Headphone + amp + DAC for around $1000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphone + amp + DAC for around $1000 - Page 2

post #16 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

I think the HE-500 is a very good choice then. Good bass, lush mids and silky highs, albeit not recessed.

I've decided this is what I'll buy, just finding the right deals now :) 

 

Thanks everyone!

post #17 of 73

And amplifier? If you are not up to emotiva, I'd perhaps suggest some of the A-GD stuff or the Lyr.

 

Be advised you'd perhaps want to do pad mods to get the best sound. It is worth it.

 

Razordog audio has the HE-500 slightly cheaper as I remember (with some code or something). You won't really find offers on the HE-500, unless used.

post #18 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

And amplifier? If you are not up to emotiva, I'd perhaps suggest some of the A-GD stuff or the Lyr.

 

Be advised you'd perhaps want to do pad mods to get the best sound. It is worth it.

 

Razordog audio has the HE-500 slightly cheaper as I remember (with some code or something). You won't really find offers on the HE-500, unless used.

The AUdio GD stuff are really wonderful choices! I love my Audio GD NFB 10ES2

post #19 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

The AUdio GD stuff are really wonderful choices! I love my Audio GD NFB 10ES2

 

x2   mine is 10.32 :beerchug: 

post #20 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

 

x2   mine is 10.32 :beerchug: 

Yup so it's set GET AN AGD amp! Might not eed balanced BUT it would b a good idea to get one, they are Dac amp combo units. And the HE 500 is wired for balanced sound, you just need to get the balanced cable! Which might be a future upgrade for you! 

post #21 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

And amplifier? If you are not up to emotiva, I'd perhaps suggest some of the A-GD stuff or the Lyr.

 

Be advised you'd perhaps want to do pad mods to get the best sound. It is worth it.

 

Razordog audio has the HE-500 slightly cheaper as I remember (with some code or something). You won't really find offers on the HE-500, unless used.


What needs to be done in order to make the headphone compatible with the emotiva? different connectors?

 

Everyplace has the headphones for $700 :( sucks, but its ok if its worth it.

 

I'll look into the AGD amps.

post #22 of 73
You need a jack to banana plugs adapter or something like that. In short you need your headphone to terminate in banana plugs in some way or another. Doesn't need to cost much at all.
post #23 of 73

Per the deals thread, HE-500 is $630 at TTVJ -- http://www.ttvjaudio.com/The_HiFiMan_HE500_p/hif0001000.htm -- if you can't do better at Razor Dog Audio.

post #24 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi View Post
 

Per the deals thread, HE-500 is $630 at TTVJ -- http://www.ttvjaudio.com/The_HiFiMan_HE500_p/hif0001000.htm -- if you can't do better at Razor Dog Audio

Perfect! I couldnt find anywhere selling them for less than $700. 

post #25 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

And amplifier? If you are not up to emotiva, I'd perhaps suggest some of the A-GD stuff or the Lyr.

 

Be advised you'd perhaps want to do pad mods to get the best sound. It is worth it.

 

Razordog audio has the HE-500 slightly cheaper as I remember (with some code or something). You won't really find offers on the HE-500, unless used.

I'm stuck in between the Lyr or AGD NFB-11.32. Which do you think would go better with the HE-500?

post #26 of 73

Seriously, try contacting Razor Dog.  I got mine for $550 new about a month ago when they first started carrying them with a coupon.

post #27 of 73
I m biased towards the audiogd...it has a built in dac rite?
post #28 of 73
I think the lyr will be the better sounding.
post #29 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

I m biased towards the audiogd...it has a built in dac rite?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

I think the lyr will be the better sounding.

That is all preferance,

 

but for one yes teh Audio GD has a Dac which he needs, 

 

But yea bro get teh Audio GD and then get teh Lry Later. You need a good Dac and Audio GD makes a great Dac! My 10ES2 has MUCH more detail over my old oDac. That said, the Audio GD combo units [like the 10.33 10ES3 [oh wait those are the balanced onees]

 

Hmm well anyways get both. You need a good Dac, and plenty o POwer for the He 500 the AUdio GD has the power and Dac that you need! Getting a Lyr+Modi wouldn't be bad, but I think you'd fine more detail with the Agd Dac over the Modi, Still you can always get teh Lyr too Later in the future :3 

post #30 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

 

That is all preferance,

 

but for one yes teh Audio GD has a Dac which he needs, 

 

But yea bro get teh Audio GD and then get teh Lry Later. You need a good Dac and Audio GD makes a great Dac! My 10ES2 has MUCH more detail over my old oDac. That said, the Audio GD combo units [like the 10.33 10ES3 [oh wait those are the balanced onees]

 

Hmm well anyways get both. You need a good Dac, and plenty o POwer for the He 500 the AUdio GD has the power and Dac that you need! Getting a Lyr+Modi wouldn't be bad, but I think you'd fine more detail with the Agd Dac over the Modi, Still you can always get teh Lyr too Later in the future :3 

x2 

same line of tot too

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › Headphone + amp + DAC for around $1000