Long time lurker, but first time poster, and being 100% honest - I've created an account to spam you a bit. But I'll get to it later.
So hello everyone, my name is Ssuukk and I'm an audioholic. Since I have to get my fixes almost round the clock now, I always carry some mobile equipment with me.
OK I confess - I am just too afraid to step outside without it. Walking without music feels weird and it seems to take forever to get from point A to point B. My current setup is is Xperia Z1 + FiiO E12 + Audeo 232 (used to get high on Porta Pro, then Alessandro MS2 then Audeo 122)..
Oh, and I also enjoyed flipping Clip+ or Fuze with Rockbox, but never felt very comfortable with it, although they did give a good kick, AAAAAAAH!... yesssss.... And then one day I discovered that best junk is the one I grow myself.
That's how XenoAmp was born.
XenoAmp is an audio player with a difference (you'll know what I mean when you see it!) and while you can find all the features in official thread on XDA (and there's whole load of them!), let me point out those that make me most proud of:
- audiogram-like headphone calibration (equalizer frequencies are set based on your amp/headphones/ears)
- room calibration (based on microphone profiles sent by users) for times when you're using your Android devices in docks, car or as audio sources for bigger equipment
- replaygain support
- ViperAudio equalizer support (if available)
- mix music music off your local files, SMB shares, Subsonic servers, Google Play, online radio or 8Tracks on single playlist(s). No matter where the file is physically, from your point of view it's just an audio track.
- gapless playback (Steve Reich's "Music For 18 Musicians" is my favourite, so that's a must, btw. get SACD by Grand Valley State University New Music, I prefer it to ECM release, not because it's SACD, but just because it is less rushed, closer to the tempo Steve and Ensemble play it live)
I'm currently working on bringing parametric EQ to Xeno, but it will take a while.
I'd write some more, but I feel like I'm going cold turkey, so let me squeeze that Comply foams, put my 232's back into my ear canals and warm up some XenoAmp. Aaaaah... that's BETTER!!!
So because usually posting links is unpolite (especially for 1-post users) all I can do is to ask you to search for XenoAmp on Google Play or XDA forum, if you think it SOUNDS like your kind of stuff.