Hey guys im looking for some help picking out my first pair of decent headphones. I mainly listen to Hardstyle and other EDM music, so im looking for some punchy bass. My budget is around $100-$130 dollars. I was looking at sennheiser 518s or 558s but knowing they are open i assumed they wouldn't be the best for me. I would really like something over the ear vs on ear. I would be using them on my computer paired with my xonar dg sound card so bulkiness and such isn't really a factor as i wont be bringing them out and about. Thanks for any help you guys can offer it is all a big help as i am not to knowledgeable in this area.
- productDENON DN-HP700 DJ HEADPHONEStagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by nightmancometh, 12/1/14
Related Forum Threads
- entry level Bassy headphones Last post on 11/9/13 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone choices for a friend ~$100 Last post on 10/25/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help deciding between Sennheiser HD 518 or 380 HD Pro Last post on 3/11/13 at 5:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica AD700 vs Sennheiser HD518 (or other $100~ open headphone Last post on 10/9/12 at 10:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Perfect Headphones (Opinions Needed) Last post on 12/23/12 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
Bassy headphonespost #1 of 310/31/13 at 8:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/31/13 at 8:33pm
An good choice would be a pair of denon hp700's (around $100) with new pads (like m50 pads or shure pads, they come up to about 15 dollars) as they are excellent in terms of bass speed, amount, and texture, also they have fantastic detailing in the wonderful mids and highs and are fairly portable. Another recommendation would be the M-audio Q40 (also $100) as I've heard that they are very bassy. Another note, stay away from the Audio-technica m50's as they have a lot of sibilance in the highs and the mids are very recessed.
- Bassy headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › PX100-II Review | Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 4 minutes ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 5 minutes ago
- › null audio 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Southwestern Michigan Meet - Kalamazoo Jan/Feb 7 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Review by mark2410 7 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear