Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ASG-2, CK100Pro, UE900 and FA-4E XB [reviews] - The dysfunctional family
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASG-2, CK100Pro, UE900 and FA-4E XB [reviews] - The dysfunctional family - Page 7

post #91 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Haha is it possible to mention the FA-4E without you knowing of it? ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt-bada View Post

Im subscribed xD

biggrin.gif
post #92 of 127
If fischer amps knew I should receive free iems my whole life smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 1/5/14 at 4:23pm
post #93 of 127
Well, can you compare the fa4 to the 232? They are my favorite iem so comparison would be appreciated
post #94 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhquancanon7d View Post

Well, can you compare the fa4 to the 232? They are my favorite iem so comparison would be appreciated

I'm sorry, never heard the 232. But from what I've read the FA-4E should be more natural and less v-shaped. It's not recessed in the mids. Thw trevöble might be more in line with the rest of the signature as well. But you should ask around to get some more info. Chek in the FA-4E thread! I can link when I'm by my cpu.
post #95 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post


I'm sorry, never heard the 232. But from what I've read the FA-4E should be more natural and less v-shaped. It's not recessed in the mids. Thw trevöble might be more in line with the rest of the signature as well. But you should ask around to get some more info. Chek in the FA-4E thread! I can link when I'm by my cpu.

Hi there,

 

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. After doing some extensive research and reading your comparisons through multiple times, i have come to the conclusion that either the Aurisonics ASG-2.5 (i imagine they sound similar to the 2), the Fischer Amps FA-4E XB or the InEar StageDiver 3 are for me. I like bassy music as much as i love vocals and instruments so i think these would be perfect no?

 

anyway what i am asking is, out of the three, which would you get if you were given these prices? Anyone else care to add?

 

Fischer Amps FA-4E XB: £319.99

Aurisonics ASG-2.5: Around £450 after shipping and customs/vat. £380 if it gets through without.

InEar StageDiver 3: £380

 

Thanks a lot!

post #96 of 127

To my ears the FA4 are far better than the SD3, and I love bass quantity for what I ear (steppa dub, dub, EDM). The bass decay of the SD3 is to slow to be realistic. I prefer the SD2 that are less bassier but more realistic.

I'm very curious concerning the ASG, I would love to try them.

post #97 of 127
Thread Starter 
Oh. I forgot about this thread. I haven't heard the ASG-2.5 but to my ears the ASG-2 lack the sub bass to make electronic music fun. Better with acoustic instruments. FA-4E is a very good, allrounder. I know Rollk2 holds the FA-4E in high regard and for music that should have proper sub bass, I doubt you'll find anything that's significantly better than the FA-4E. If you can try the UE900, imagine that the FA's are UE900 on steroids (good steroids though).
post #98 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Oh. I forgot about this thread. I haven't heard the ASG-2.5 but to my ears the ASG-2 lack the sub bass to make electronic music fun. Better with acoustic instruments. FA-4E is a very good, allrounder. I know Rollk2 holds the FA-4E in high regard and for music that should have proper sub bass, I doubt you'll find anything that's significantly better than the FA-4E. If you can try the UE900, imagine that the FA's are UE900 on steroids (good steroids though).

Still looking forward to this:

 

THIS PART IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE NEAREST FUTURE. FOR THE BETTER. 

FA-4E XB: The cool uncle that everybody likes

 

:p

post #99 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkcow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Oh. I forgot about this thread. I haven't heard the ASG-2.5 but to my ears the ASG-2 lack the sub bass to make electronic music fun. Better with acoustic instruments. FA-4E is a very good, allrounder. I know Rollk2 holds the FA-4E in high regard and for music that should have proper sub bass, I doubt you'll find anything that's significantly better than the FA-4E. If you can try the UE900, imagine that the FA's are UE900 on steroids (good steroids though).
Still looking forward to this:

THIS PART IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN THE NEAREST FUTURE. FOR THE BETTER. 
FA-4E XB: The cool uncle that everybody likes

tongue.gif

Oh yeah. Life happened. Separating with my ex, Exam work, last semester in med school, moving to a new city and now about to finish my education and become some kind of doctor. But hey, time is very relative right?

My Apex Glacier decided to call it quits. My new favorite cable the Nocturnal Audio Hydra-4 broke as well. Both are out and about but might have gone missing which would be a significant blow to my current economic situation. So.. ehm..well. I will finish the review sometime..
post #100 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post


Oh yeah. Life happened. Separating with my ex, Exam work, last semester in med school, moving to a new city and now about to finish my education and become some kind of doctor. But hey, time is very relative right?

My Apex Glacier decided to call it quits. My new favorite cable the Nocturnal Audio Hydra-4 broke as well. Both are out and about but might have gone missing which would be a significant blow to my current economic situation. So.. ehm..well. I will finish the review sometime..

Oh my.. times are hard on us all. You'll come out of it soon so hang in there mate! 

Thanks a lot for putting in such immense efforts to write such a stellar review, I enjoyed reading every bit of it.

Take your time with completing the review, I'm just curious but I can wait. Your life priorities come first. All the best to you.

post #101 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

To my ears the FA4 are far better than the SD3, and I love bass quantity for what I ear (steppa dub, dub, EDM). The bass decay of the SD3 is to slow to be realistic. I prefer the SD2 that are less bassier but more realistic.
I'm very curious concerning the ASG, I would love to try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Oh. I forgot about this thread. I haven't heard the ASG-2.5 but to my ears the ASG-2 lack the sub bass to make electronic music fun. Better with acoustic instruments. FA-4E is a very good, allrounder. I know Rollk2 holds the FA-4E in high regard and for music that should have proper sub bass, I doubt you'll find anything that's significantly better than the FA-4E. If you can try the UE900, imagine that the FA's are UE900 on steroids (good steroids though).

Thanks a lot guys, think I'm going to settle for the Fischer's as they're considerably cheaper and most people seem to prefer them over the ash's.

Hope everything works out MooonYeol.

All the best.
post #102 of 127
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys. Well, right now life is a biatch but pretty soon it'll be sweet again. I feel like the Apex glacier and then my hydra-4 were quite major parts of what would make the review so much different so not much use going through with it until I have both of them vack. Starting to wonder if they got lost during shipping.

Anyway. I still like my ASG-2 a lot. Started listening to them again after a break and I just went back to all stock. Don't know if my hearing got worse or if I just got less sensitive after not listening that much but the sibilance is less of a problem now. Well. Enough rambling. I should get back to my life right now. But I will finish the review one day.
post #103 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Thanks guys. Well, right now life is a biatch but pretty soon it'll be sweet again. I feel like the Apex glacier and then my hydra-4 were quite major parts of what would make the review so much different so not much use going through with it until I have both of them vack. Starting to wonder if they got lost during shipping.

Anyway. I still like my ASG-2 a lot. Started listening to them again after a break and I just went back to all stock. Don't know if my hearing got worse or if I just got less sensitive after not listening that much but the sibilance is less of a problem now. Well. Enough rambling. I should get back to my life right now. But I will finish the review one day.

Just ordered a pair of Fischer Amps FA 4E XB's and can't wait to hear them! Thanks for your help! Hopefully I won't regret not spending that little extra on the asg's!
post #104 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithamb View Post
 

Hi there,

 

I was wondering if you could give me some advice. After doing some extensive research and reading your comparisons through multiple times, i have come to the conclusion that either the Aurisonics ASG-2.5 (i imagine they sound similar to the 2), the Fischer Amps FA-4E XB or the InEar StageDiver 3 are for me. I like bassy music as much as i love vocals and instruments so i think these would be perfect no?

 

anyway what i am asking is, out of the three, which would you get if you were given these prices? Anyone else care to add?

 

Fischer Amps FA-4E XB: £319.99

Aurisonics ASG-2.5: Around £450 after shipping and customs/vat. £380 if it gets through without.

InEar StageDiver 3: £380

 

Thanks a lot!


If you are prepared to import then get se846 from Japan. I picked mine up on Tokyo holiday. Typical UK / EU price hike a joke

This is purely from memory so YMMV, sd3 has more bass quantity within inear presentation but se846 kills it for control, extension and impact. Another level in sound and no lacking bass quantity


Edited by LFC_SL - 5/24/14 at 1:32am
post #105 of 127
I think he is in Europe here the 846 costs 600 euros more than the fa 4e so...
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 5/23/14 at 2:44pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ASG-2, CK100Pro, UE900 and FA-4E XB [reviews] - The dysfunctional family