How much of a quality difference are we talking here? The Crossfade Over-Ear line has pretty much every feature that's important to me in my daily life and I've considered jumping up in quality but I thought you guys would have some good advice on if I would be wasting my money or not. Are they just an overall upgrade that would be worth the money?
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for suggestions for comperable headphones to v-moda Last post on 11/17/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on picking the right pair of On/Around ear Headphones Last post on 9/28/13 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sol republic track HD's, V-MODA crossfade M-80's or the Monster DNA??? Last post on 9/9/13 at 7:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda LP vs LP2 vs M-100? Last post on 1/26/15 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lookin' at V-Moda Last post on 2/22/13 at 7:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Jumping from the original Crossfade LP to the M100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can probably find all the information you would ever want on the M100s in the appreciation thread
I own the LPs and had the m100s for a while before returning them. Liked them alot, but the mids were a bit too recessed for me. The M100s have a substantial jump in clarity in the treble and mid regions. Much better texture on the bass. Less quantity of bass than the LPs, but plentiful for bass oriented modern music. They have a V shaped sound with emphasis on the treble and bass regions. The mids are laid back, and will seem further away on the soundstage, with the bass at the forefront and treble right there with the bass. Overall, the M100s are much better than the LPs in terms of coherance and the bass is substantially better in quality although may seem lacking if you're looking for the sheer amount of bass that the LPs can put out.
- Jumping from the original Crossfade LP to the M100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Objectivists board room 15 seconds ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2