How much of a quality difference are we talking here? The Crossfade Over-Ear line has pretty much every feature that's important to me in my daily life and I've considered jumping up in quality but I thought you guys would have some good advice on if I would be wasting my money or not. Are they just an overall upgrade that would be worth the money?
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for suggestions for comperable headphones to v-moda Last post on 11/17/13 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help on picking the right pair of On/Around ear Headphones Last post on 9/28/13 at 1:45pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sol republic track HD's, V-MODA crossfade M-80's or the Monster DNA??? Last post on 9/9/13 at 7:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V-Moda LP vs LP2 vs M-100? Last post on 1/26/15 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lookin' at V-Moda Last post on 2/22/13 at 7:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Jumping from the original Crossfade LP to the M100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You can probably find all the information you would ever want on the M100s in the appreciation thread
I own the LPs and had the m100s for a while before returning them. Liked them alot, but the mids were a bit too recessed for me. The M100s have a substantial jump in clarity in the treble and mid regions. Much better texture on the bass. Less quantity of bass than the LPs, but plentiful for bass oriented modern music. They have a V shaped sound with emphasis on the treble and bass regions. The mids are laid back, and will seem further away on the soundstage, with the bass at the forefront and treble right there with the bass. Overall, the M100s are much better than the LPs in terms of coherance and the bass is substantially better in quality although may seem lacking if you're looking for the sheer amount of bass that the LPs can put out.
- Jumping from the original Crossfade LP to the M100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 11 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 12 minutes ago
- › [IC] Audio Technica ATH-AD2000 balanced recabled 14 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 15 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 16 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 16 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 18 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2