Oh as a side note, I actually would like to see Calyx M team in head fi, I don't use Facebook and they honestly don't reply to emails. So learning information and discussion would be easier in here.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone upgrade Last post on 12/6/14 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 61post #901 of 48312/10/14 at 11:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #902 of 48312/11/14 at 12:00ampost #903 of 48312/11/14 at 12:01ampost #904 of 48312/11/14 at 12:10ampost #905 of 48312/11/14 at 12:10amIf they feel they did a decent job with the amp section, they should not have to explain themselves about the lack of LO. What I want is a portable device hence a clean HO if that is achieved I definitively do not want to stack this player.post #906 of 48312/11/14 at 1:11ampost #907 of 48312/11/14 at 1:22amQuote:Originally Posted by OddJobs
Taken from Calyx M Facebook page:
We heard that a company (or a person inside the company) mentioned on our M like " We will check out what we can do more after looking at."
We recommend them at least to give respect to their colleagues in the same industry and show the measurement of their products first.
What does "We will check out what we can do more after looking at." mean? Does that mean "We will only worry about upgrade our existing product after the Calyx M is released and measured by us."post #908 of 48312/11/14 at 1:36amQuote:
No they are referring to Vinnie at RWA suggesting that he may modify the M once he sees how it is.
I don't think Vinnie is unfair to suggest that he will take a look. And I don't think Calyx are unfair to say, please first see how good the M is as designed.post #909 of 48312/11/14 at 1:39ampost #910 of 48312/11/14 at 1:43amQuote:
Thanks, I forgot about that. I believe that Calyx knows what they are doing about the line out feature since they have released so many well regarded products.post #911 of 48312/11/14 at 1:47am
Calyx makes two key points on the line out.
The first is that the Sabre requires some kind of amplification / current driver after the DAC chip as part of the circuitry.
The second is that the headphone out is going to be demonstrably clean on the measurements.
The M has me excited. (Sound of $1,000 flushing away.)
Edited by cooperpwc - 2/11/14 at 2:07ampost #912 of 48312/11/14 at 2:01ampost #913 of 48312/11/14 at 2:04ampost #914 of 48312/11/14 at 2:06am
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 21 seconds ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 1 minute ago
- › IEM custom/universal recommendation 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › KEF M500/M200 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3