Oh as a side note, I actually would like to see Calyx M team in head fi, I don't use Facebook and they honestly don't reply to emails. So learning information and discussion would be easier in here.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Audeze LCD-3, Fazor Upgrade & Extras Available + Transferable Warranty Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:22am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD open to closed mod Last post on 6/26/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 61post #901 of 42722/10/14 at 11:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #902 of 42722/11/14 at 12:00ampost #903 of 42722/11/14 at 12:01ampost #904 of 42722/11/14 at 12:10ampost #905 of 42722/11/14 at 12:10amIf they feel they did a decent job with the amp section, they should not have to explain themselves about the lack of LO. What I want is a portable device hence a clean HO if that is achieved I definitively do not want to stack this player.post #906 of 42722/11/14 at 1:11ampost #907 of 42722/11/14 at 1:22amQuote:Originally Posted by OddJobs
Taken from Calyx M Facebook page:
We heard that a company (or a person inside the company) mentioned on our M like " We will check out what we can do more after looking at."
We recommend them at least to give respect to their colleagues in the same industry and show the measurement of their products first.
What does "We will check out what we can do more after looking at." mean? Does that mean "We will only worry about upgrade our existing product after the Calyx M is released and measured by us."post #908 of 42722/11/14 at 1:36amQuote:
No they are referring to Vinnie at RWA suggesting that he may modify the M once he sees how it is.
I don't think Vinnie is unfair to suggest that he will take a look. And I don't think Calyx are unfair to say, please first see how good the M is as designed.post #909 of 42722/11/14 at 1:39ampost #910 of 42722/11/14 at 1:43amQuote:
Thanks, I forgot about that. I believe that Calyx knows what they are doing about the line out feature since they have released so many well regarded products.post #911 of 42722/11/14 at 1:47am
Calyx makes two key points on the line out.
The first is that the Sabre requires some kind of amplification / current driver after the DAC chip as part of the circuitry.
The second is that the headphone out is going to be demonstrably clean on the measurements.
The M has me excited. (Sound of $1,000 flushing away.)
Edited by cooperpwc - 2/11/14 at 2:07ampost #912 of 42722/11/14 at 2:01ampost #913 of 42722/11/14 at 2:04ampost #914 of 42722/11/14 at 2:06am
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › 100 >= IEM wars: Ostry KC06, Hifiman Re-400, VSonic VSD3S, Havi Pro 1 2 minutes ago
- › Vashikaran specialist baba +91-9950620150 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › gupt rog problem solution baba ji+91-9928576434//headfi 2 minutes ago
- › Vashikaran Astrologer +91-91-9950620150 3 minutes ago
- › Fighters anyone? 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 4 minutes ago
- › get your love back by blackmagic +91-9950620150 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)