Oh as a side note, I actually would like to see Calyx M team in head fi, I don't use Facebook and they honestly don't reply to emails. So learning information and discussion would be easier in here.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 5/31/15 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 61post #901 of 51112/10/14 at 11:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #902 of 51112/11/14 at 12:00ampost #903 of 51112/11/14 at 12:01ampost #904 of 51112/11/14 at 12:10ampost #905 of 51112/11/14 at 12:10amIf they feel they did a decent job with the amp section, they should not have to explain themselves about the lack of LO. What I want is a portable device hence a clean HO if that is achieved I definitively do not want to stack this player.post #906 of 51112/11/14 at 1:11ampost #907 of 51112/11/14 at 1:22amQuote:Originally Posted by OddJobs
Taken from Calyx M Facebook page:
We heard that a company (or a person inside the company) mentioned on our M like " We will check out what we can do more after looking at."
We recommend them at least to give respect to their colleagues in the same industry and show the measurement of their products first.
What does "We will check out what we can do more after looking at." mean? Does that mean "We will only worry about upgrade our existing product after the Calyx M is released and measured by us."post #908 of 51112/11/14 at 1:36amQuote:
No they are referring to Vinnie at RWA suggesting that he may modify the M once he sees how it is.
I don't think Vinnie is unfair to suggest that he will take a look. And I don't think Calyx are unfair to say, please first see how good the M is as designed.post #909 of 51112/11/14 at 1:39ampost #910 of 51112/11/14 at 1:43amQuote:
Thanks, I forgot about that. I believe that Calyx knows what they are doing about the line out feature since they have released so many well regarded products.post #911 of 51112/11/14 at 1:47am
Calyx makes two key points on the line out.
The first is that the Sabre requires some kind of amplification / current driver after the DAC chip as part of the circuitry.
The second is that the headphone out is going to be demonstrably clean on the measurements.
The M has me excited. (Sound of $1,000 flushing away.)
Edited by cooperpwc - 2/11/14 at 2:07ampost #912 of 51112/11/14 at 2:01ampost #913 of 51112/11/14 at 2:04ampost #914 of 51112/11/14 at 2:06am
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 19 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 29 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendation for my setup and music genre 32 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 51 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 58 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 1 minute ago
- › Headphones with the BEST imaging, detail, clairity, flat 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)