Oh as a side note, I actually would like to see Calyx M team in head fi, I don't use Facebook and they honestly don't reply to emails. So learning information and discussion would be easier in here.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 9/19/14 at 4:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Oppo HA-1 or Auralic Taurus MkII for LCD-3 Last post on 9/18/14 at 8:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/26/14 at 9:26am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 crooked? Is this normal? Last post on 8/27/14 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 61post #901 of 43292/10/14 at 11:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #902 of 43292/11/14 at 12:00ampost #903 of 43292/11/14 at 12:01ampost #904 of 43292/11/14 at 12:10ampost #905 of 43292/11/14 at 12:10amIf they feel they did a decent job with the amp section, they should not have to explain themselves about the lack of LO. What I want is a portable device hence a clean HO if that is achieved I definitively do not want to stack this player.post #906 of 43292/11/14 at 1:11ampost #907 of 43292/11/14 at 1:22amQuote:Originally Posted by OddJobs
Taken from Calyx M Facebook page:
We heard that a company (or a person inside the company) mentioned on our M like " We will check out what we can do more after looking at."
We recommend them at least to give respect to their colleagues in the same industry and show the measurement of their products first.
What does "We will check out what we can do more after looking at." mean? Does that mean "We will only worry about upgrade our existing product after the Calyx M is released and measured by us."post #908 of 43292/11/14 at 1:36amQuote:
No they are referring to Vinnie at RWA suggesting that he may modify the M once he sees how it is.
I don't think Vinnie is unfair to suggest that he will take a look. And I don't think Calyx are unfair to say, please first see how good the M is as designed.post #909 of 43292/11/14 at 1:39ampost #910 of 43292/11/14 at 1:43amQuote:
Thanks, I forgot about that. I believe that Calyx knows what they are doing about the line out feature since they have released so many well regarded products.post #911 of 43292/11/14 at 1:47am
Calyx makes two key points on the line out.
The first is that the Sabre requires some kind of amplification / current driver after the DAC chip as part of the circuitry.
The second is that the headphone out is going to be demonstrably clean on the measurements.
The M has me excited. (Sound of $1,000 flushing away.)
Edited by cooperpwc - 2/11/14 at 2:07ampost #912 of 43292/11/14 at 2:01ampost #913 of 43292/11/14 at 2:04ampost #914 of 43292/11/14 at 2:06am
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 9 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo big brother : Chord QBD 76 HDSD 10 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)