Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E.
Anyone who is hoping the Calyx amp will be as powerful as the dx100/hm901 is dreaming. The biggest problem is space, the dx100/hm901 have two full size pcbs each, which is why they are so thick. The Calyx wont be able to match them with half the pcb space, it will probably be around half as powerful as the dx100/hm901.
Its a trade off I welcome, at least the Calyx can fit in my pocket and be fairly portable unlike dx100/hm901. Anyway, DX100/hm901 power is overkill for most iems.
For me i don't need a powerfull buit-in amp !
What i want is
- A large screen with a very nice bug free user interface with play list support,
- A very good and very musical built-in dac, a digital out and a "real" line-out,
- À very subtle and musical but not so powerfull built-in Amp and
- massive storage,
and then i have a 3 parts stratégie :
- i use the built-in amp with my IEM to have a very portable set-up that fit in à pocket.
- I add à portable amp ( HiFi M8, TU-05 tube Amp...) to drive my full Size headphone. The complete set- up becomes transportable and fit in à hard-case.
- I connect it to my Desktop DAC and it is then only my Transport source.Edited by bmichels - 11/10/13 at 9:25am