Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 7

post #91 of 4193

edit:

oh yes, here comes ...

 

enjoy


Edited by Gintaras - 11/10/13 at 6:06am
post #92 of 4193

I think most of you need to stop buying them 'hard to drive' IEMS/Headphones until it is known for sure which DAP is capable of driving it.

post #93 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo898 View Post


you should check out the tralucent 1plus2 thread lol

?? Why ?
post #94 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post


?? Why ?

 

im not going to bring that thread into this one, but the last few pages are saddening

post #95 of 4193

good,I will be happy. And by happy I mean VERY happy. But honestly, once you have heard the 901, it is hard to listen to something that sounds less good.

11.gif


Edited by womanpiaola - 11/10/13 at 7:01am
post #96 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post

Anyone who is hoping the Calyx amp will be as powerful as the dx100/hm901 is dreaming. The biggest problem is space, the dx100/hm901 have two full size pcbs each, which is why they are so thick. The Calyx wont be able to match them with half the pcb space, it will probably be around half as powerful as the dx100/hm901.

Its a trade off I welcome, at least the Calyx can fit in my pocket and be fairly portable unlike dx100/hm901. Anyway, DX100/hm901 power is overkill for most iems.
.

For me i don't need a powerfull buit-in amp !

What i want is
- A large screen with a very nice bug free user interface with play list support,
- A very good and very musical built-in dac, a digital out and a "real" line-out,
- À very subtle and musical but not so powerfull built-in Amp and
- massive storage,

and then i have a 3 parts stratégie :

- i use the built-in amp with my IEM to have a very portable set-up that fit in à pocket.

- I add à portable amp ( HiFi M8, TU-05 tube Amp...) to drive my full Size headphone. The complete set- up becomes transportable and fit in à hard-case.






- I connect it to my Desktop DAC and it is then only my Transport source.
Edited by bmichels - 11/10/13 at 9:25am
post #97 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

For me i don't need a powerfull buit-in amp !

What i want is
- A large screen with a very nice bug free user interface with play list support,
- A very good and very musical built-in dac, a digital out and a "real" line-out,
- À very subtle and musical but not so powerfull built-in Amp and
- massive storage,

and then i have a 3 parts stratégie :

- i use the built-in amp with my IEM to have a very portable set-up that fit in à pocket.

- I add à portable amp ( HiFi M8, TU-05 tube Amp...) to drive my full Size headphone. The complete set- up becomes transportable and fit in à hard-case.






- I connect it to my Desktop DAC and it is then only my Transport source.

LOL... portable and a porter needed for carrying it tongue.gif

I am thinking about putting my front end on the wheels too biggrin.gif
post #98 of 4193

At that rate, why even bother with the Calyx?

 

Just use an iPad as the front end!

post #99 of 4193
IPad is limited to 24/96 (when it is not 16/44) and Max capacité is 128 Mb !
post #100 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

IPad is limited to 24/96 (when it is not 16/44) and Max capacité is 128 Mb !

 

 

OK, fair comment.  I guess I was just amused at how enormous that carry case and amplifier are, so it seems crazy to me to look for a pocket-sized front-end when the rest of the components are so large.

post #101 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

For me i don't need a powerfull buit-in amp !

What i want is
- A large screen with a very nice bug free user interface with play list support,
- A very good and very musical built-in dac, a digital out and a "real" line-out,
- À very subtle and musical but not so powerfull built-in Amp and
- massive storage,

Exactly what im looking for, except I also want a very good processor to make the dap very snappy, for example when I use the touch screen to forward the song to any part it should be instant. Also only a touch screen can forward to any part which is another must for me.
post #102 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post

Exactly what im looking for, except I also want a very good processor to make the dap very snappy, for example when I use the touch screen to forward the song to any part it should be instant. Also only a touch screen can forward to any part which is another must for me.

+1.

but....100% TACTILE is a BIG mistake.

--> We need at least, like the AK100/120, the 3 Physical buttons to for << ; pause & >>

Tactile screen not practical when the DAP is in the pocket....
Edited by bmichels - 11/11/13 at 1:00pm
post #103 of 4193

This DAP interests me!

post #104 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

This DAP interests me!

 

you bet....... i am too

post #105 of 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

 

you bet....... i am too

Even without any Physical buttons ?   Touch-Screen interface only for volume up-down, FF, pause... ! :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage