or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 48

post #706 of 5502

I want to see this compared to the likes of a fiio x5 ( as the lower priced competitor) and the ak240 as the higher priced competitor , since thats what basically get compared to the calyx these days as a hype reference

post #707 of 5502

1000usd for native DSD on portable device is very impressive considering the other player in the market costs twice as much.  I demo the AK240 today and did not like it. I am also interested in Calyx M now.

post #708 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

1000usd for native DSD on portable device is very impressive considering the other player in the market costs twice as much.  I demo the AK240 today and did not like it. I am also interested in Calyx M now.


Why didn't you like it cosmic ? is it because of a sound signature that you didn't like?, did you like the other ak before this one?

post #709 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post
 


Why didn't you like it cosmic ? is it because of a sound signature that you didn't like?, did you like the other ak before this one?


just my personal pref of SS,  especially after demoing Hugo which sounded extremely awesome I think it killed my HM901 completely :D. I dont know if I would carry it outdoor  and also the recessed jacks seem very problematic.... meaning I need to reterminate most of my cables.... :o

 

I want to have at least one DAP that can play DSD native and Calyx M seems to fit the bill... bcos I have accumulated some DSD albums... now I will need to figure out how to order this Calyx M...

post #710 of 5502

i bet nobody will buy the ak240 once this is out

post #711 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

I want to see this compared to the likes of a fiio x5 ( as the lower priced competitor) and the ak240 as the higher priced competitor , since thats what basically get compared to the calyx these days as a hype reference

+1. The calyx M and X5 are the most hot talk of the town now (until X7 launch) and most of thr fellow mates like to see the impressions between them....think ak needs to think serioulsly to stay in the game.
post #712 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


just my personal pref of SS,  especially after demoing Hugo which sounded extremely awesome I think it killed my HM901 completely :D. I dont know if I would carry it outdoor  and also the recessed jacks seem very problematic.... meaning I need to reterminate most of my cables.... :o

 

I want to have at least one DAP that can play DSD native and Calyx M seems to fit the bill... bcos I have accumulated some DSD albums... now I will need to figure out how to order this Calyx M...

what source were you using with the HUGO ?    

post #713 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamakazam View Post

i bet nobody will buy the ak240 once this is out
I thought about this already when FiiO announced abt X5 but not that none will buy ak but the sale volume will surely take a deep dip.
post #714 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


especially after demoing Hugo which sounded extremely awesome I think it killed my HM901 completely :D.

Future comparison between calyx m, 901, and hugo would be cool. Hopefully the calyx m can be somewhere in between the 901 and hugo sq.


Edited by zachchen1996 - 2/4/14 at 6:36am
post #715 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

what source were you using with the HUGO ?    


X5 coaxial out. Pls make sure your rca jack is small enough to fit in. the hugo make my Paterre sang like I never heard before...it is desktop head-fi sound in a portable package.

post #716 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


X5 coaxial out. Pls make sure your rca jack is small enough to fit in. the hugo make my Paterre sang like I never heard before...it is desktop head-fi sound in a portable package.


What amp did you use with the hugo? Or did you just use the hugo's built in amp?

post #717 of 5502

Now that it has a decent capacity and a great UI, it is eally a pitty that the Calyx M do not has a digital OUT via Coax....

 

this will transform the M into a good Home music transport !

post #718 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 


What amp did you use with the hugo? Or did you just use the hugo's built in amp?


Just built in amp. it is not bad, but it believe it takes to a whole new level if use desktop amp. Pekingduck and I head no hiss from the amp.... Pekingduck is  enjoying his vacation. hehehe

I think I will get banned from this thread if I continue to talk about Hugo...

 

Does anyone know where to buy Calyx products from?

post #719 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

Does anyone know where to buy Calyx products from?

 

As I understand, they will initially sell the Calyx M online. They say on Facebook that they will be taking pre-orders soon.

 

Stay tuned...

post #720 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 


Just built in amp. it is not bad, but it believe it takes to a whole new level if use desktop amp. Pekingduck and I head no hiss from the amp.... Pekingduck is  enjoying his vacation. hehehe

I think I will get banned from this thread if I continue to talk about Hugo...

 

Does anyone know where to buy Calyx products from?


On their fb page, they said pre-orders will start soon which is good news

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage